1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sublets (Maple Journal)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Soblet, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    7:12 AM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    When are you usually online, because I'd love to get a full alishar card set!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Usually in te evenings for GMT+1 but I do degenerate hours aswell sometimes, hit me up ingame.

3. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Will do!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    10:12 PM
    Beginner
    What the? Was it always named "Sublets (Maple Journal)" the whole time
    or was it "Soblets (Maple Journal)"? The temple of time is messin with me!!!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Don't worry about it ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    LPQ LPQ LPQ..

Leveling and washing~~

You guessed it, I did a whole lot of LPQ and not really much else.

After a bunch of runs the average gain is about 170k exp/hour for each member (except the carry which gets more). So I am getting a little over 1 mill exp/hour divided across my characters. Seems like a good way to train up a bunch of mules in one go but wouldn't recommend it for anything else.

The NX gain averages at around 600 per run (opening 7-9 boxes) which really is not enough for the effort. Meso gain is really bad with the most notable drops being 50 elixirs or wand and oa dex 60% scrolls.

Right now the party looks like:

[​IMG]

Sadly since the gunslinger joined late it is still underleveled and I didn't think about having it leech more exp, I will do that from now on.

I'm pretty tired of running LPQ solo (did about 35 solo runs now) so once the gunslinger hits 45 I'll finish getting my last pair of glasses with just my sin and bandit. I expect Ellin PQ exp to be much better than this..

At level 44 I have done a total of 138 HP washes and 96 MP washes. Clean HP/MP is 3674/1069.

Gear progression~~

I didn't make any mesos and I didn't have any left so I wasn't able to buy any upgrades (I saw some that I would have bought if I had the mesos, there's definetly upsides to being broke :p).

I did however get the broken glasses. And I had a chaos scroll that I got from the xmas event. And I have had a bad streak of scrolling for a while now so it has to end sometime.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It is what it is FoxAwk.

I really need to come up with a scheme to make enough mesos for the zak helms..

Card hunting~~

I finished the Alishar card set on 3 of my characters and didn't bother getting them on the rest. Next up will be the Golem card from Ellin PQ.

Goals~~

Level up the squad and obtain more broken glasses (aiming for about 3 total).
    Keep on MP washing with every fresh AP.
    Save up mesos to buy 2 zak helms (one for my bandit and one afk run for the assassin)

Cya next time thank you for reading ^^

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Blint

Blint Blue Snail

Jan 24, 2021
    3:12 PM
    Latrine
    Chief Bandit
    Beyond
    This is the greatest thing I have read. Wow. Feel blessed to have LPQ'ed with you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Cash event is on.. FoxShy

Leveling and washing~~

I've done a whole lot more LPQing, 63 runs total with 41 of those being solo runs. Met alot of nice people (some not so nice :p) in the process which is awesome. Definetly a nice change of pace from the card hunting days where I only really interacted with others when hunting bosses. There's alot of fun to be had..

Sometimes these high level people show up too which is pretty cool. We don't have to worry about their intentions anymore like we used to though ;).

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I also ran into Wamu again, we decided to do a duo run after our full party disbanded.

[​IMG]

At level 47 I have done a total of 138 HP washes and 111 MP washes. Clean HP/MP is 3740/1481.

Gear progression~~

Soo after the cash event started I figured it was a good opportunity to farm some mesos on my I/L mage (the one I used to grind card sets). It's at lvl 98 now and I'll keep it under lvl 100 for now in case I need it to carry PPQ.

Went to nightshadows for I think about 4-5 hours, the cash drops weren't too great so I thought I might as well head back to do more LPQs. I got a couple good scroll drops and tried selling the cloud fox tails but nobody picked them up so I decided to trade them in myself.

Now I've done quite a bit of grinding at nightshadows before and never got a BWG but look at that...

[​IMG]

Sold it for a cool 22 mill which is hopefully enough to buy two zak helms (one reg one afk).

Also bought a trash ''fan'' (lvl 65 dagger) because i like the aesthetic and I'll need something for my 3rd job advancement anyway. Didn't buy any new gear since I'm still rather low on mesos..

Card hunting~~

No, go way.

Goals~~

Level up the squad to get them all in EPQ range.
    Obtain 3 pairs of broken glasses (63/105 runs).

Cya next time, thank you for reading ^^

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  9. CoolDavid

CoolDavid Brown Teddy

Apr 19, 2018
    8:12 AM
    DavShad
    Shadower
    GuildLess
    Awesome journey, keep updating

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Love it.
    [​IMG]

gratz on bwg my man <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Looking forward.

Leveling and washing~~

Made it to lvl 50! :):) Which is a pretty big milestone, you get a cool new pendant, helm and ring. And finally get to graduate from LPQ.

The new gear enabled me to do this :cool:.

[​IMG]

Alright so LPQ has been great, my solo runs have improved a bit more to the point where I don't think I can clear it much faster in any way. I've started using steal (lvl 15, 25% succes rate) on the invisible monsters to decrease the amount of exp I gain since my assassin and bandit are both at lvl 50 already. I also started doing an altered version of JMS for stage 8 which saves a bit of time each run.

Steal is a pretty cool skill, I wonder if it will be useful in the other PQs.

[​IMG]

After 84/105 runs (getting close to the third pair of glasses) I started looking at what's to come and calculating if I have enough vote cash to keep leveling and washing. I'm planning on taking out my base int somewhere around lvl 125 but it would take me until around november to get the cash I'd need for it. I doubt it would take me that long to get to that lvl.

Soooo should I stay at LPQ a bit longer to earn more cash? I was looking at the rewards from OPQ/PPQ/EPQ/MPQ/GPQ and they are all equal to or worse than LPQ. :confused:

Yea screw that. 3 pairs of glasses is plenty and if I get to 4th job and want to take out my base int but don't have the cash for it I'll just grind mesos for a while or something. w.e

At level 50 I have done a total of 139 HP washes and 126 MP washes. Clean HP/MP is 3740/1917, base int is at 235.

Gear progression~~

Bought my zak helms for bandit and assassin, my lucky streak continued :p

Bandit helm

[​IMG]
    It couldn't have any worse stats for my purposes if it tried but it can't be helped.. Got a free chair though so that's nice.

Assassin helm

[​IMG]
    One luck below average, not too great but it's whatever, better than my previous helm for sure haha.

Shoutout to the sellers, A+ service from both teams.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I bought a 40 att bracer for my sin which is probably the last claw I'll buy for it (I'll ditch it after MPQ), and I also bought a 3 att 4 slot pac on which i used 2x 60% luck scrolls, one of them worked so that's a decent cape for now..

Card hunting and questing~~

Completed the ellin ring questline and the zakum prequests, along with some random Victoria quests in order to lvl up to 50.

Goals~~

Obtain 3 pairs of broken glasses (84/105 runs).
    Graduate LPQ and head over to EPQ.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Rushing through Ellin PQ..

Leveling and washing~~

Finished the last 21 runs of LPQ which was a slog to solo (it's often not too great with a party either FoxAwk). I'm glad to be out of there. Especially when compared to doing solo EPQ runs.

This is my introduction to EPQ and I really like it. There's some mechanics not seen in other PQs and the atmosphere is nice. I could stay here for a while longer but there's not much reason to do so.

[​IMG]

LPQ: around 60k exp per run each run takes about 25 mins. So if you run with 6 chars it's around 864k exp/hour aka 144k exp per character.
    EPQ: around 115k exp per run, each run takes around 10 mins. So with 5 chars it's around 3450k exp per hour aka 690k exp per character.
    Disclaimer: Clear times are with no afking or messing up in general.

That's such a huge difference especially considering EPQ is so much more chill to clear doing solo. No boring climbing stage that takes several minutes or stage 8 yikes and no constantly switching between clients.

I do love LPQ though haha FoxHeart and can't wait to start with OPQ even though that will probably be just as bad if not worse.

[​IMG]

Now I'm thinking of dropping one of my mules from the squad. Assassin carry, my bandit and my cleric are must haves, but MPQ can only be done with 4 so I'd have to drop 2 for that and I'll probably only bring 5 into OPQ since the reawrds aren't too great. I think I'll either drop my gunslinger or my spearman for now, not sure yet. I think a poison mage would be nice to bring into MPQ but yea idk yet.

[​IMG]

At level 55 I have done a total of 139 HP washes and 151 MP washes. Clean HP/MP is 3934/2724, base int is at 260.

Gear progression~~

Sold the maple claw I used up until lvl 55 for the same price I bought it for (it sold within 24 hours, pretty happy to have some mesos againFoxF2).

[​IMG]

Obtained the Poison Golem card set.

Goals~~

Decide which characters to drop going forward.
    Obtain Glittering Altaire Earrings (34/50).
    Graduate EPQ and head over to OPQ.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    wait how df u got tier 10 ring

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It's the first thing I did :) mainly for the cheap 10 int at lvl 10.

15. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Bye Bye Xmas patch..

Leveling and washing~~

Only 2 levels since last update but I quickly did my last EPQ runs and made my way over to Orbis.

[​IMG]

I have a ton of fun by myself FoxTongue

Began OPQ with a bit of a false start because I messed up by leaving a room after clearing it without taking the statue piece which means you can't clear the PQ anymore rip, then I had another run where I discovered I forgot to bring my dit after collecting all the statue pieces lmao..

After that I got 4 clears in. Average clear time is at 40 minutes now but I haven't really optimised anything yet and there's alot of different ways you can go about clearing this since there's no specific order you need to complete the stages in. I'm not sure if I will optimise it much though since I'll be gone again after 40 runs so w.e.

[​IMG]

Last chapter I wanted to decide which character I would drop from the party but since you don't need to move them around much I decided to just run with 6 anyway.

Looks like we are getting a new event today so who knows where we'll be heading next. Good luck and have fun everyone ^^

[​IMG]

At level 57 I have done a total of 139 HP washes and 161 MP washes. Clean HP/MP is 3979/3071, base int is at 260.

Gear progression~~

Haha very funny.

Completed a bunch of Orbis quests because I didn't want to lvl up during PQ (need that MW buff). Also got a nependeath honey which is just great ^^.

Got 2 Papa Pixie cards after 4 kills FoxF2

Goals~~

Graduate OPQ (4/40) and head over to Magatia

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Helloo Valentines ^^

Leveling and washing~~

Soo the valentines event hit and it looks pretty good, not too much commitment required. The questlines were short and sweet, awesome because I want to put my effort into finishing OPQ. Which means doing 40 runs which takes me from lvl 55 to lvl 65. I'll get the last 5 levels at PPQ which is hopefully better exp but I'm not too sure about that yet..

As for OPQ I'm getting average clear times of 30 mins which means around 550k exp/hour per character which is actually significantly worse than EPQ at 690k exp/hour, rip FoxF4

[​IMG]

This really surprised me, the first cash drop I got from a monster inside of a PQ, I think this is new policy? not sure.

[​IMG]

I'm looking forward to the next two PQs, PPQ will be short and sweet and MPQ will be a new experience for me. I couldn't find alot of info on MPQ so I'll have to just figure out most of it I guess. Still need to do 25 more OPQ runs which will take me long enough...

At level 61 I have done a total of 139 HP washes and 181 MP washes. Clean HP/MP is 4067/3797, base int is at 290.

Gear progression~~

Haha still very funny.

Finished both OPQ related quests.
    Finished the Papa Pixie card set.

Goals~~

Reach lvl 70 before the valentines event ends so I can (ab)use the raffle.
    Graduate OPQ (15/40) and head over to Magatia.

Not really in the mood to write too much today but still wanted to give an updateFoxYawn. Cya next time, thank you for reading ^^

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Bye bye OPQ~

Leveling and washing~~

Yeaaa so as I was not too sure I'd be able to reach my goal of lvl 70 before the valentines event ends I was kindof rushing getting my 40 OPQ clears. Right now I'm pretty close to reaching that goal (lvl 69 with 10 days left), so for now I'll chill a bit and catch up with IRL issues as I've been slacking a bit sadly FoxCrazy.

Doing Orbis PQ was really fun, I did most of my runs solo since it comes with alot of benefits and there weren't always other people around (I get really impatient if I have the option of doing a solo run now instead of waiting 5 mins for someone to show up, especially when I'm rushing to get to 70). Running with other people is always more fun though ofcourse.

Got rejected by one person trying to get a party going because he didn't want to bring someone using two clients (basically adding one afk player). That's fair, there's no obligations either way but I thought it would be funny to see if I could keep up with their full party FoxTongue

We did two runs simultaneously and I finished the first run before they did..
    I was chatting with someone in their party (not the leader btw) and apparently they were messing up a bunch of things. w.e

[​IMG]

The second run I also finished a bit earlier but they also did the pages stage which I skipped.

Also here's my fastest run, 22 mins solo, not too shabby.

[​IMG]

So yea I ended up having alot of fun trying to clear this PQ as fast as possible and I did the same with all the earlier PQs aswell.

After 40 runs I ended up with:

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'll let you fill in which one i got on my mule and which one I got on my bandit FoxAwk.

Awesome, we can finally move on ^^
    I was excited to check out Pirate PQ also known as HTPQ (Herb Town Party Quest) so I went to check it out right away.

The first run I did went horribly wrong, I tried to clear the stages with my 6x assassin that has carried me through all the other PQs but single target damage is not the way to go here lolol.

Luckily, very very luckily I have a I/L mage that I used to farm card sets which was at lvl 99 which is actually ideal for clearing this PQ quickly. So I got a bunch of runs in and the exp was better than OPQ (average clear time 8-12 mins which means 800k/hour exp per char instead of OPQs 550k/hour). So yea exp is awesome but the meso gain is probably the worst out of all PQs so far (outside of HPQ).

[​IMG]

At level 69 I have done a total of 139 HP washes and 221 MP washes. Clean HP/MP is 4243/5400, base int is at 330.

MP washing gains are really starting to rack up fast now, I'll re-evaluate my goals (base int and HP/MP) when I hit lvl 70. There's a couple things I'm thinking of doing different buuut idk.

Gear progression~~

The homie Nightz777Nightz777 asked me if I was interested in some nice stats pirate bottoms and offered his scrolling service. Very much appreciated^^

After 3x30% bottomwear dex I ended up with 2 of these:

[​IMG]

Finally some scrolls that worked FoxF1, I'll scroll them further once I can actually use them.

Finished some PPQ related quests.
    Finished the Lord Pirate card set.

Goals~~

Reach lvl 70 before the valentines event ends so I can (ab)use the raffle (69/70)
    Graduate PPQ (20/100)
    Start doing MPQ runs once I reach lvl 70
    Keep on MP washing with every fresh AP

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Baldo can you send me a DM somewhere, I can't find you thanks.

I know you read these ;)

19. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    If you're still doing PPQ can I come?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Any time, I'll be doing runs in about 3-4 hours from now with 2 empty slots.