1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] How to Reduce HP Washing

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Nise, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    5:45 AM
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    Stop linking washing to leeching. I sell petri leech and I can say that only 10% of buyers are leeching with over 120 base INT (not counting mages). Most of them have good damage, just that they wanna level but need to afk or that they are too lazy to train or that their class sucks at mobbing regardless of how much base INT they got.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    12:45 AM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    So where to point to play this server if you’re lazy? Just go back to gms,and after they will reach the 150 or whatever they are aiming for den what? They will be too lazy to do zruns cuz it’s means to use the keyboard for30mins? Depends on the job tho if you’re drk you gonna use a lot of buttons,or another example,horntail they will be lazy cuz it’s 2hours or something? Geez go back to gms kids
    Ffs

3. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    10:45 PM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    Yeah good point, there are probably a handful of these guys that plays here so lets balance it after that.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    12:45 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    It just proves that anything is possible if you're determined, and that you don't need to rely on leech. Like I said before, you guys need to snap out of the mentality of washing cripples my character completely and you don't have to play a mage as your first char/leech mule.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    Trust me, you'll be surprised with the amount of mages and CBs that buy leech (I'm referencing these classes since they level fast without leech), but most of them make it very far into late game anyways eventho they were lazy at lvl 115. OnionWhatever

Anyways that wasn't the main point of what i said earlier.

6. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    5:45 PM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Great ideas, i love the idea of using stuff that is just collecting dust like rings and pet equips. Neat concept, +1 this idea.

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    2:45 PM
    NSFW
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

8. Thetreforce

Thetreforce Blue Snail

Feb 26, 2018
    Male
    4:45 PM
    Washing is just a stupid mechanic and not newb friendly at all. I should be able to go through the game normally and fight the bosses that I want according to my level without having to play with the numbers in an unnatural way. Personally I would like it removed because it is an unhealthy mechanic and I certainly don't think it's good to have if you're looking for more people to join the server. The people who have already spent months washing can be compensated for their efforts and the rest can enjoy a Maple experience without having to annoyingly prepare your character for the late game by getting stats you don't even need.

I think your ideas are pretty good though.

9. Thunawa

Thunawa Slime

Apr 17, 2018
    5:45 PM
    Thunawa
    Beginner

Wait wait wait, are you telling me that is really necesary to do HP Washing to have a normal experience in this server? I think its was just for fun and no mandatory to play and that because every guide i read here just say that HP Washing is no mandatory.

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:45 PM
    Moderator Post
    Its only mandatory if you do not use Hyper Body.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    4:45 PM
    Good point although I felt bad for him because he couldn't (or did not want to) afford cosmetic items since he was stocking NX to wash and reset his base INT, so he was kind of limited in some way (which can be ignored by some players, I understand that cuz I didn't use any cosmetic item until almost a year after joining the server). I do agree with the ideas presented. Of course not all of them have to be implemented at once but I feel strongly that reducing the burden of HP washing will be healthy for the server since both new and current players will worry less about getting the right amount of int/HP by a certain level and will actually enjoy their current level knowing that they won't need to vote for months or to grind for hours during events to get AP resets.

12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    If you are just playing for fun please ignore all these people who tell you it is mandatory. It is only remotely applicable to people who want to go do horntail at the end of the game, like level 155+. In reality only a very tiny minority of people ever reach this stage, but the myth that it is compulsory is perpetuated endlessly. Just ignore them and have fun

• Agree Agree x 3