1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] How to Reduce HP Washing

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Nise, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:55 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    HP washing. Everyone hates it, but you gotta do it. It’s like taxes.

But just cus you don’t like doing your taxes... do you get rid of taxes entirely? Nah. You try to find a way that won’t take you 3 years to do it :p Everyone has a different opinion on how the HP washing “cancer” should be “fixed” or completely gotten rid of. Here are my realistic (and fairly easy to implement) suggestions:

1. HP FROM ACCESSORIES

• Add +200 HP to all wedding rings
    • Custom event rings with 300-500 HP (a buffed ellin quest line ring)
    Explanation: Rings are the empty slot in our equipments. There’s no positive stat that comes from rings, so if we add on HP to them, we’d be bringing in some use to them besides being an aesthetic thing.

With the weddings now changed, making wedding rings important in our end-game gear would make people want to get married for reasons other than apples.

500-700 HP is worth around 3 weeks of voting. Helps reduce the burden of HP washing, but doesn’t get rid of it. Still keeps washing necessary for end game content.

2. PET EQUP FOR HP
    • HP scrolls for pet equip
    • 30% pet equip for HP = + 60 HP // 60% scroll = + 30 HP
    • Can be added to PQ bonuses
    • Droppable from medium lvl mobs (eg. Windraiders) OR new mobs/regions yet to launch
    Explanation: Everything else about Maple revolves around scrolling. Shift a portion of HP washing onto scrolling. Keeps it NX based, cus pet equips are NX, but let’s it be RNG/fun. Rather than waiting for vote cash endlessly.

(Eg) 2x30% and 3x60% = +210 HP (around a week of voting)

3. BUFF SCROLLS FOR HP
    • Double HP value of scrolls for HP (glove, shield, earring, etc etc)
    Explanation: Makes it a viable choice to replace key gear with HP equip if they're short on HP. Switch out a 4 dex branch nose for 400 HP or so.

Would also change HP scrolls from a niche market for buyer gear/bishops that boss. Create an actual sought after scroll/market. More market = healthier for the game. More opportunities to earn meso at lower lvls (farm for hp scrolls) and more opportunities at merching.

4. INCREASE HP GAIN PER LVL +10 HP

A well known solution to the HP washing issue, and guaranteed to reduce the burden of washing. Done by some other private servers with lots of success. This buffed natural HP gain would get you an extra 1,500 HP by lvl 150. Getting rid of nearly 2 months of voting.

BUT it would be a big change to the server. Not 100% recommended, as there could be backlash from the older player base and not to mention it messes up the math/washing of those currently washing.

Not a suggestion I would want implemented, but a solid solution that I thought should be covered when talking about how to improve the HP washing process.

Conclusion

These would be my suggestions to how to reduce the burden of HP washing, and make the process more fun / enjoyable (but still keeping it very Maple-esque).

All numbers in the suggestions above are fully adjustable (like the +10 HP gain or the buff to HP scrolls).

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. mathijs2000

mathijs2000 Mushmom

Sep 4, 2016
    8:55 PM
    Night Lord
    GoedVerhaal
    inb4 old maplers shit on this post because they already put in the effort to wash. SeemsGood

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    xD thats always the case isn't it? :p But there's nothing in these suggestions (except #4) that screws over old players. It doesn't revert any of their efforts ^^

4. jayjay

jayjay Horny Mushroom

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    JJgohome
    I/L Arch Mage
    Persona
    i agree on the scrolls boost and the ring boost good post

• Like Like x 2
  5. Eeko

Eeko Timer

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    11:55 AM
    Supremacy
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Introducing Ellin’s ring with +100 hp was a big leap forward in terms of combating hp washing. I am an advocate for adding rings with HP on them, but on a lower scale. I thought 100 hp was pretty great until I realized, without my deputy star, I would have the same hp I had while I had my dep star on anyways. In the future, rings with 150-250 hp would be super neat. Scrolling pet equips for hp is an idea that i’m surprised isn’t in the game yet... it’s a very viable solution to help with some of the washing problem that many people face and hate to do. I really hope to see suggestion #2 implemented into the game in the near future! Great reasoning provided and much needed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Not sure what you mean here. The Deputy Star isn't overwritten by the ring, it's a pendant.

7. Eeko

Eeko Timer

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Supremacy
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Ah what I meant was when you upgrade your dep star to a better pendant like an HTP, you'll just have the same hp you had if you didnt have the ring and you were wearing a dep star.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    2:55 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    *INHALES*

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I had drafted this up before the patch came out, and I was happy to see the Elin ring cus it definitely was a step in the right direction.

But I think we can have other rings that don’t have + stats and pure HP instead. It would be like the trade off. I can see why Elin only has +100 because of the +1 all stats, making it an overall good item, but not one specifically targeted to the hp washing problem.

Because if you think about it, 100 hp is like 3 days of voting if you’re washing a thief/archer/gunslinger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:55 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Washing is not as hard as people make it seem, not everyone can do it properly and thats why it takes forever to finish. (Could also be the player's decision to go after huge sums of HP).

I'm fine with rings to ease washing but not to eliminate it entirely, adding Rings that give above 200HP is very OP and (possibly) eliminates washing (for HT specifically) if all 4 slots are used and give 800 HP or more. Rings shouldn't be a huge game changer but should provide a small boost and help you a little (Ellin's ring is a fine small boost).
    I'm also not in favor of changing wedding rings cause there's still 2 more empty slots (not counting event rings since they expire anyways and solutions should be more of a permanent thing not temporary or from events that new players miss out on.)

Option 2 is nice, gives pets more use but not all pets can wear equips right now and the values seem too much again.

Option 3 is not really viable, damage is always better and in every item you can scroll HP in, you can get more damage from if you use attack/stat scrolled gear instead.

Option 4 is too much too, getting 30-34 HP per lvl up on a ranged class (Assassins or Bowmen mainly) is too much imo.

Ellin's ring was a way to make washing easier but once again, washing shouldn't be eliminated by adding in rings that add a huge amount of HP nor alter HP values from lvl up.

Things are fine the way they are SeemsGood

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    As I said, the values are completely adjustable. I was just giving a basic run down of my ideas using easy to visualize ideas.

Option 1: that's true, but that would only be the case if we have 4 rings that can give HP. It all depends on the implementation. You're probably right about rings that give above 200 HP being OP. Esp with everyone getting Ellin rings (as I said, this was written up before Ellin rings were announced). So that + zombie rings (if they're still around) + another ring would be way too much HP in deed.

Option 2: the values are just double the values given off by HP scrolls (like earring for HP). I think if we stick with the flat values (30% = +30 HP / 60% = +15 HP), I don't think it would be a worthwhile investment for players.

Option 3: I'm thinking more along the lines of helping out players that didn't wash. For them, they just want to get to min HT-able HP usually. In which case, most of them are fine taking out some damage (that's essentially what blood washing is isn't it? :p)

Option 4: Ya was just giving an easy number to do math with. Also, not a big fan of the solution, since it makes Legends so different from other maple servers, making washing more complicated than it already is. Just a possible solution that I wanted to through out for people to think about.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:55 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    I don't think making it easier is necessary though, you can reward your effort through events for more AP Resets.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    7:55 PM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    Washing is not hard, it’s just incredibly boring and time consuming. I wanted to play an assasin as first class but couldn’t so that beacuse I have no funding and would need to put so much into int that I’d level on slimes to 150.

It’s so incredibly dumb that you need to first make a cleric to get cash, level that to 130 before you can even make the class you wanna play. After that you can barely level that intlord because it takes 5 turns to kill a horny mushroom.

No, hp washing needs to be changed in some way. I like the idea of getting it ingame by actually doing something not just leeching yourself and voting for 8months.

Rings and pet equips great suggestion imo!

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    3:55 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    None of the options take into consideration warriors who aim for 30k hp since the values are pretty low (flat hp instead of %). Option 4 would be the only one since the value can change depending on the job, but it would still be an unfair advantage for new characters over any character already created.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    From a mages point of view, if anything will be done to make getting more hp easier (by means of one of the options above) then it would be nice to have an equivalent for mages who want to MP wash (ults for archmages are using a lot of MP if you dont MP wash, so it is somewhat "necessary" to MP wash on archmage).

16. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    3:55 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    NriiNrii I invite you to elaborate

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. O1Kanoby

O1Kanoby Slime

Aug 10, 2017
    2:55 PM
  18. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    2:55 AM
    Angbak
    Bishop
    That pendent is too OP, it renders HTP useless by giving like +10 wa? It'll probably never be added into legends or at least as a heavily nerfed version

19. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I personally agree with all the options except the last one. The reason why I dislike the last option is similar to what most people have said already. I was very happy to see the Ellin ring as that 100 bonus hp would certainly help my low hp characters.

20. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Hmmm i’m not entirely sure how I feel about % HP. Implementing it doesn’t seem very Maple-esque, since everything gives flat stats. As for Option 4, it would be a change for all players (including the ones that have already made their characters). I talked to one of the GMs before and they said it would just be a database change and that it could be done.