1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The first player you met on Maplelegends!! ;)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kargo, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    9:09 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. Joy

Joy Capt. Latanica

Jun 17, 2015
    Female
    Toronto
    8:09 PM
    Deku
    Shadower
    Demure
    I had no idea Whaaat!! It didn't even seem that long ago.. Yes I thought you were innocent... I'm sure you thought I was weird cause I kept coming into your map... LOL Prince Cam!

• Like Like x 1
  3. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    5:09 PM
    NSFW
    Wait, I don't remember seeing Betwixt or Pebbs in closed beta. Open beta for sure though

4. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    They weren't in closed BETA. Was just you, NPK, Bulba, and the admins in closed BETA, if I remember correctly.

Not too sure who the first person I met on the server was, but I do know that I met NSFWNSFW, BetwixtBetwixt, GiGi, Sam_VoshSam_Vosh, NekoNeko, BulbaBulba, DoapDoap, and many others, very early back in Open BETA days.

• Like Like x 2
  5. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    GiGi was in closed as well, but he wasn't overly active iirc

6. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Uh oh. Kimberly is showing early signs of Alzheimer's. :(

Closed Beta:
    NPKNPK
    BulbaBulba
    NSFWNSFW
    Light4angelLight4angel
    JoweeloJoweelo
    VivienneVivienne + her guy friend whom I cannot remember the IGN of (think it started with a P though)

UpdawgUpdawg was the first non-beta tester to join the forum. SpacemanSpaceman was pretty early too.

Open Beta:
    Everybody relevant was listed here, since these are people who received the Mark of Beta and Beta Chair.
    http://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplelegends-open-beta-reward-recipients.2316/

Off the top of my head, I can recall VonBITVonBIT with the earliest significant bug report in Open Beta which involved a frozen drumming bunny and drops/mesos flying randomly from incorrect locations.

One of the more interesting people I met after the server went live would be AzroaAzroa . This was back in the day when I had time to be online. She would randomly whisper me and call me Chief.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:09 AM
    4GB RAM right here while Kim is still running on Pentium 1 :p

• Like Like x 4
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    2:09 AM
    Moderator Post
    Yeah I meant Open Beta, not Closed. My bad.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Azroa

Azroa Master Chronos

Apr 14, 2015
    Azroa
    Hero
    -
    I waited for you to come back, Chief! You went on vacation and never returned...

10. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    7:09 PM
    Paladin
    greg in maple island tutorial. he was a fighter. he disappeared after a few weeks. i think he made a thread about leaving, but i'm not 100% sure. never got to see him since we were from different time zones.
    ah i remember you then. the forest right outside the ellinia town iirc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Ahh so it was you! Yes, that was the place MapleF2

12. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:09 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    These are all such touching stories.
    I started at February I believe, it was Open Beta, I was playing with a great friend of mine- SachuanSachuan
    We had lots of fun, didn't play too much though. Saw some cool people I knew from a server I was playing back then.
    KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove was the first person I spoke with, she gave me a Brown Bandanna, even though I was a Cleric. Lol~
    Later I got to know 'ihitstuff' I don't even remember the capitalization of his name. Who's the first person with whom I got to play Omok.

13. Betwixt

Betwixt Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Feb 16, 2015
    Betwixt
    Night Lord
    Salty/Demure
    Who did I meet? I met the bunch of noobs that we see on the forums, spamming livening the forms up to this day. From Kimmy, to Pebbs, Sammy to that nerd VonBit, Even the Pocket Fairy and the like. Rockefeller.. There was a whole lot of people, and if I forget to name you, I apologize. I can't remember my first, because for the first while in open beta, I was pretty much just solo. On my own, quietly leveling and relatively keeping to myself, but, the people mentioned above are probably the reason why I made it through to the actual release, and probably why I forwarded on to aspire to help make the server a better place by applying to the staff team. I guess this is a good time to pull aside a sidebar.

It's important to remember the people you befriend on such a server, because those that open up to befriend the newer base of players are fantastic people. I remember most of them were very welcoming in open beta, and it honestly made the experience a lot better; The community you knit a server with is what makes a server livable, playable even. Sure, you could have every bug fixed, all the cool quests, the awesome content. In the end, though, if you don't focus on promoting a good community, you have a game that is meant to be played with friends, often played alone..

Here's where I'll give a shout-out to the staff of MapleLegends, for making the last private server I will ever play of the MapleStory variety, my favourite, and best experience. I personally want to thank you all for all the hard work that I have personally seen behind the scenes, and while most others will never know the true amount of effort that goes into each and every day, I want to bring it to light that most of you put all of your heart into this server, and you help make it a great place. Keep up the great work, and, hopefully, see you all soon.

...Alright. Shoutouts to those I met early in ML that I can remember.
    NSFWNSFW PebbsPebbs Sam_VoshSam_Vosh BulbaBulba VonBITVonBIT KimberlyKimberly NaviNavi GiGi ObeyObey (You damn nerd, get a forum name that represents you better) CHANELCHANEL MidnightMidnight (Wherever he went) DoapDoap MaddyMaddy NuclearCowNuclearCow
    Here's to the plebs I met after open beta!
    JoyJoy FrancoFranco SucreSucre HyugaHyuga AeroAero NekoNeko PoppiPoppi TreatTreat PlaudiblePlaudible (Deep inhale) AndrewAndrew NickNick DavidDavid SlimeSlime itzjaackyitzjaacky KinkyKinky

..That's all I can remember. Thanks to you all for altering my experience for the better. (I think I've blocked out most of the negative bits by now. Hah. Except for Hyuga & Franco imeanwat.) Anyway. That's all for now.. I might start appearing a little more often and maybe, even join the plebs on the staff team again! (Fat chance, I get the feeling they don't like me there anymore. ;D)

Tata, for now~

Oh, one more thing.. Don't sexualize the skeletons.

• Like Like x 15
  14. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'm still here. <3 Just dealing with life things and stuff. I've been visiting here and there. Come back for good sooner or later.

15. DemiSyke

DemiSyke Blue Snail

Oct 31, 2015
    Male
    7:09 PM
    DemiSyke
    Beginner
    ~
    First person I ever met was CakeMakes in freemarket after having become a bowman. Went to freemarket to see If I could find a guild to join. Asked once "Looking for a relavtively active and friendly guild to join.". Instantly defamed. He/She then trades me 5 or 6 times and rather than accept it I blacklist and ignore them. Like I said in my introduction "(I tend to avoid unpleasant people like the plague)".

16. Mortemz

Mortemz Red Snail

Nov 6, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Mortemz
    Thief
    Well first person I met here was probably Broken. Thanks to Marty I started playing on this server .

17. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    I honestly can't really remember. I joined MapleLegends with some CCPLZ people, so I'd probably say one of those scribs.

When I came back the first person who talked to me was FireflyFirefly. I had literally logged in for the first time in months for one second and he already started hitting on me.

• Like Like x 1