1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Washing-is-doable-Journal 3 (inspired by Ainz)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by fael, Jul 20, 2021.

1. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    12:14 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Hello everyone!

Im starting this journal inspired by AinzAinz and by RegalStarRegalStar to try to write down my journey in this washed no funded marksman (by now just an archer).

One of my goals is to practice my writting in English - so I'd really appreciate all corrections on my phrases - but I also want to take this challenge to have some fun and different content to do, even thinking our Staff is about to launch new ways to gain HP and make this HP washing thing much simpler.

There are some rules that I'll try to follow in this character:
    1. I will farm some gachas because I'm not a quest fan, but I'll only consider items that are below 30m. The rest I'll transfer to my main.
    2. I won't use any buff/money/gears from my other characters, but I'll make use of owl/megaphone/potion mules (located in NLC and Showa for ciders).
    3. I will only vote in the days that I play with the character, so if I stay offline someday, I won't vote so I don't make use of tons of NX.

That said, meet Maneva. I choose to be a marksman because it's really nostalgic for me (used to be a crossbow user, NOT EVEN A CROSSBOWMAN, when I played GMS when I was a kid), the weapons/scrolls are cheap and Snipe will compensate my lack of DEX in the future. That IGN is a reference to a brazilian reggae band, so feel free to search if you want and tell me what you think hahah.

upload_2021-7-20_2-25-33.png

I'll try to be quick on my posts, focusing on highlights. This mainly because I'm not that creative, but I also have some difficult do write in English, sometimes I can't write what I want to say fml. Let me know if there's something you want or don't want to see, so I can improve on next posts :]

• Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Ok, let's start with this.
    POST 1
    HOURS PLAYED UNTIL NOW: 2H

At first, I did all Maple Island quests and there comes the first highlight: I got this thing that I really didn't know that was possible:

upload_2021-7-20_2-26-20.png

After I reached lv10, I went to Henesys Hunting Ground 2 (HHG2) and later pigs near Henesys to make all job quests. I got three common gacha tickets:

upload_2021-7-20_2-28-21.png

Reached Lv.15 so far, then I NPC'ed those items, sold 1 fame AND SOME POTIONS AFTER HAVING 0 MESOS TO BUY 60% SCROLLS, so I had 350k budget to invest in my first crossbow. Bought some 10% and 70/60%s, that was my result:

upload_2021-7-20_2-32-34.png

For the first day:

upload_2021-7-20_2-31-49.png

NEXT GOALS:
    I really intend to farm gachapon tickets in HHG2 for long time. It has great amount of mobs and I'll kill them with 1 hit very soon, so I can try to fund some gears (10 att gloves, 2 att cape, dex overall and cheap int gears) with my luck in gachapons.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:14 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I love that you're using a journal in order to practice your English, keep it up!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    POST 2
    HOURS PLAYED UNTIL NOW: 6H

Today I farmed for around 2~3 hours in HHG2 looking for some gachas. I got nothing good, sadly. Is it ask too much to get a earring int 30% or something like this? f4 Maybe yeah. Anyways, even if I don't get anything good, I'll keep this strategy until I get it, because I need mesos :D

upload_2021-7-20_23-12-37.png

I opened those gachas in different moments of my day. With my first vote, I bought a hired merchant in CS to sell some of those shits and a good man helped me.

upload_2021-7-20_23-17-44.png

That was a big help, but I SWEAR I DIDNT KNOW HIM LOL. I asked if he checked my thread and helped me for this but he said he doesn't, so seems he just saw a poor guy selling some crap items and wanted to help.

The rest of the time I spent looking for new maps to farm to change a little. Tried some and the only I really liked was the Mano's map. I still think HHG2 is the best one, but I'll give the Mano's map a try, since I can get some scrolls there.

EDIT: I totally forgot to SS my character stats in the end of that day, so...

upload_2021-7-21_12-37-5.png

EDIT:
    Just updating to let you know what cards I got and when, this based on some screenshots I took, so I may miss some few sets. So far I got Snail, Slime, Orange Mushroom, Stump and Red Snail cards. (5 sets total, 5 sets this run)

NEXT GOALS:
    I didn't reach my last goal so it keeps the same. I'll add more base INT since I have no gear yet and I'm still killing snails, so won't make difference at the moment.
    Get next job so I can use a mobbing skill to farm, maybe.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    11:14 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    How many journals does it take to find out if washing is doable? WHEN WILL WE KNOW? Onionsmh

• Like Like x 9
  6. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    POST 3
    HOURS PLAYED UNTIL NOW: 11H

1 day without updating because yesterday I just played around 30 minutes~1 hour, but I got some updates to show. I hunted some Manos to try my luck with scrolls, but the best thing I got was 2x wand ma 60%. Sold them for 300k both. This probably was the hardest boss I've made in this game. I think I killed it with 0 arrows, just slapping my crossbow on it f3.

upload_2021-7-23_3-31-47.png

I farmed 1 single gacha on this first day and went to Kerning to try some PQs. This was the best highlight:

upload_2021-7-23_3-32-5.png

Well, I placed it on my store and why not call it a day?
    I left home and in the other day I played around 4~5 hours. I did some KPQs and I had a big luck. In like 10 runs I got 2 OA int 10%.

upload_2021-7-23_3-30-3.png

I grinded for a bit in HHG2 when KPQ was empty. I got 3 common and 1 rare gacha, this was my result:

upload_2021-7-23_3-32-48.png

I bought this speed mask, this att cape and some shoes speed 70 and 60% to try later on my recently obtained Squishy Shoes:

upload_2021-7-23_3-34-43.png

I sold the OA INT 10% for around 5.6m both and started trying to make my gloves. I tried to 10% some crafted and other cheap work gloves I've found. I bought a total of 13 GFA 10% for 100~135k each, 13 WGs for 100~140k each (total 3.3m~) + 7 GFA 60% for 600k each (total 4.2m). I got screenshots but I won't show the details, this was my result:

upload_2021-7-23_3-35-5.png

Pretty shit for 7.5m investment. I don't know why I did this, should have bought a 8 att for around 2m. Oh, and I needed to smega my GFA 30% (sold for 18.5m) to finish buying scrolls. The other WG you see is a 5 att 0 slot. I made a mistake and probably tomorrow I'll try to fix it.

The end of my day:

upload_2021-7-23_3-35-58.png

EDIT:
    Got Blue Snail set (6 sets total, 1 set this run)!

NEXT GOALS:
    Since I got my cape, a non expected gloves and some speed scrolls, I'll probably be investing all my mesos on some crap int gears, probably will get a cheap maple bandana with dex/int, then cape, weapon and earrings.
    I'm not sure if I should try to get a better Squishy Shoes (with more INT). But I think I'll just pass it.
    Become a xbowman and get BOOSTER. For my gacha farming plan, I don't really need a mobbing skill, but booster would help a lot.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    POST 4
    HOURS PLAYED UNTIL NOW: 12H

I didn't have much time to play today, so I'll be quick. I sold my OA DEX 30% and my YWG 1 int for around 6m both. I finally bought a bathrobe (damn I totally forgot about it, it gives speed so I lost some time) and a decent hat:

upload_2021-7-23_18-58-45.png

I grinded the rest of exp I was needing to lv30 at HHG2, and got 1 gacha. For my surprise, on my job advancement, another good stuff:

upload_2021-7-23_19-0-50.png
    upload_2021-7-23_19-1-15.png

From gachas, just some mesos for potions/arrows x.x

upload_2021-7-23_19-1-36.png

To finish this day, I scrolled my shoes with some speed:

upload_2021-7-23_19-2-39.png

The end:

upload_2021-7-23_19-4-28.png

NEXT GOALS:
    I'm still searching for int gears, I didn't find any cheap earring/cape to buy. I'll keep watching them. Maybe a warm muffler depending on stats and price and bathrobes? Let's see
    Thinking about zak helmet/deputy star/new weapon/int gears I realized I gotta make mesos. I'll keep my gacha farming too.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Cytempest

Cytempest Blue Snail

May 19, 2020
    Male
    8:14 AM
    Cytempest
    Pirate
    I really like your journal, keep it going my friend :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    11:14 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Unless you plan to use Lord Pirate Hat, saving mesos for zhelm will in my opinion, be the top priority.
    On my paladin journal where I had a rule to never sell anything on FM (and as of now, havent use a single gacha), I've hit lvl 63 and never had more than 3m before, hence I won't use this meso first, and wait for more PQ/gacha luck in future to fund my zhelm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Yeah, I agree. I'll have for this at lv50!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    POST 5
    HOURS PLAYED UNTIL NOW: 17H

Hi guys
    Today I had much more time to play. I decided to farm some cards for my monster book because it's a good way to farm gachas too. Right now I got 15 sets, but I'll just post screenshots when I change my ring to be faster.
    I spent good amount of my time farming and owling/trying to negotiate int gears. Honestly, I didn't want to scroll much on my journal to don't rely on luck, but seems to be the best option sometimes. When I searched for int earrings and cape, I found a lot of overpriced items, while some others partially scrolled were much cheaper. In those cases, I honestly prefer trying to scroll. If you guys remember, I had a bad luck while scrolling my att gloves (actually I was dumb, because I should've bought a 8 att one for 2m), but now I think I could at least make some amount of mesos.

upload_2021-7-24_20-44-20.png

For those earrings, I paid 11m + 1.8m~ on scrolls.

Then, I bought my 8 int maple cape for 8m. They were all around 12~15m, if I remember correctly, and the 8 int lv25 one was for 10m~. This guy smega'ed trying a/w 12m, I offered 8m and got it, I'm sure it was a good deal.

upload_2021-7-24_20-52-40.png

After this I had like 300k on bank so I decided to open my gachas that I farmed during my day to make some mesos for my next weapon.

upload_2021-7-24_21-1-28.png

I sold this Shield MATT 70% for 7.3m when I decided to buy Maple Crows. They were for around 2.5~2.8m (1 below perf, 56 att), and I was decided to do 70% only. Just to remember, I'm not lv35 yet so I used a mule to buy and slap scrolls (I paid from Maneva's bank, tho). The first one I bought for 2.5m boomed, I failed first 70% then I tried to fix with 2 30%'s (200k each) and boomed. So I had like 4.2m to try again. I paid 2.8m on a new 56 one and luckily I made it 70 with 4 70%'s (50k each) and 3 60% (20k each)

upload_2021-7-24_21-9-51.png

I didn't find any scrolled one when I owled, so I needed to make it myself. I also searched lv43 maple crossbows, but the available ones were expensive/had bad stats, and I'm also weak as f*** now, I think the best option was a lv35 one.

upload_2021-7-24_21-13-42.png

EDIT:
    Got Ribbon Pig, Pig, Octopus, Dark Stump, Axe Stump, Dark Axe Stump, Stumpy, Spore (Shroom), Green Mushroom, Mano and Blue Mushroom cards (17 sets total, 11 sets this run).

NEXT GOALS:

I got the gears I was expecting, I'm feeling so happy. I need to save for a zakum helmet afk service + int weapon + bathrobe, so I'll keep farming gachas and cards to get my first tier.
    So excited to change my weapon and I'll certainly do some LPQs soon, til I get the PQ item.

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  12. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    Currently the most interesting journal I'm following, opinion absolutely not biased because you're my guildie. thats an amazing xbow!! LETS GO!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Maple crow is better than maple crossbow overall due to their faster speed, no need to pick up a lvl 43 maple crossbow

14. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    oooo good to know, I didnt realize it! Ty!

POST 6
    HOURS PLAYED UNTIL NOW: 19H

Nothing great to tell you guys. I started grinding for cards/gachas to reach 35 and do some LPQ. When I reached 35, I tried to find a party but there was empty so I went to teddies to continue my card hunting. This day was basically it, here's my result:

upload_2021-7-26_4-49-59.png

upload_2021-7-26_4-50-9.png

Those yellow lines scared me, ngl.
    I also did my first 5 HP washes when I got 35, I think, but im low on NX right now heheh. Im with 21 monster sets, close to 22, and here's my character :)

upload_2021-7-26_4-55-58.png

EDIT:
    Got Bubbling, Wild Boar, Brown Teddy and Pink Teddy cards (21 sets total, 4 sets this run)!

NEXT GOALS:
    I'll try to get a LPQ glasses (and hopeful some good items/nx in addition). It seems to be easier now, so I'll try to focus on it and if I can't find a party, I'll do some easy cards in Ludi for gachas too.

IMPORTANT: I was thinking about my rules, about changing the gachapon thing. Tell me what you guys think, because I'll probably get something really good someday and I can't simply pass all to my main chars LOL. I mean, maybe after lv. 70~90 I should consider keeping good items? And what if I get a cs tomorrow, should I keep at least 30m from it? Else I'd just lose 1 gachapon ticket. I don't know, I'd like to hear you guys!!

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I'm actually taking a very similar approach here. My plan was that, if I get a cs/ws or some super valuable item, I'd just dump it on main and sell it there. However, items below like <10m (in my opinion) are entirely realistic for new players to roll and thus don't take away from the journal. My personal cut-off for 'when does it become okay to keep' was probably around lvl 100.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Yeah, but since I'm mostly farming gachas (I'll start PQing soon, won't keep this for too long but I'll be back probably after 70ish), Im hoping to get good stuffs. It will be my soruce of income, I can't simply pass them to my main without keeping at least something. I agree with keeping after lv100, but before, how much should I take?

17. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Take whatever you feel is reasonable, just don't 100% rely on it I'd say. but having some decent pulls when all you do is grind gacha is more than okay

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    As long as it isn't cs/ws/4attpac/max ST or any item over like ~50m, I'd say just keep it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    I agree. Now I'm imagining myself lv140 with 0 cs 0 ws 0 sky skis 0 STs remembering this conversation LOL

• Like Like x 2
  20. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I'm 171 and am still on 0 OnionMuha

• Like Like x 1