1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

too good to be true? (MP Washing help)

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by eeto, Nov 12, 2020.

1. eeto

eeto Mano

Sep 20, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    9:16 PM
    eet0
    Shadower
    Alpacas
    Harlo! I will try to be as concise as possible.

TLDR; I have calculated a possible HP at 155 which I cannot believe and wish people could help me vet my calculations.

Background:
    I am a Lv50 bandit who has 80 base INT and no INT gear. HP washed a bit and currently have 1871 HP and 907 MP. My INT wasn't always 80 INT it was gradually added (i forgot at what levels) 30INT -> 60INT -> 80INT. I started to fresh washed my HP from Lv. 47 to 50 and have almost no spare MP to wash...

Based on my previous calculations:
    (Spare MP/12)*16HP, at Lv 160 I would only have around 5472~5858 HP and that is kinda sad. But I browsed the forum a bit and realized bandits can actually get a lot more from MP washing.

So I set a table up, if anyone is free, I hope to know if this is actually correctly calculated. The calculations are based on the assumptions that all rolls are the worst rolls.

[​IMG]
    The plan is to get base INT to 140 before double washing. Is this calculation correct?
    I am asking because it seems too good to be true. At 155, I calculated to have 11340 HP with 1428 spare MP for further washing.

BTW, yes I know many people say it's not necessary for Shadowers to wash, BUT, I do not want to regret not being able to take part in newer stuff next time. Also, I'm new to this server. Like 1.5months.

Edit 1: Previously forgot to add the 20HP gained from level. new calculated HP wut.. thats a lot

Edit 2: I have made my plan. From Porkupine's suggestion, base 200 INT. I will just HP/MP wash into main stats. When I have NX then I will stale wash my spare MP into HP and remove my INT.
    Goal: 15000 HP by 165
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CtuzpBWWou3Tu_96dP39mMgOi71BSJPc28tLLvI3DX4/edit?usp=sharing <if interested

Edit 3: I screwed up in my calculations pretty badly. I found out and recalculated. Same link above^.
    Unfortunately I will only be able to reach 15k at 200.

2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    3:16 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    When you start double washing at lvl 63 you add 60 hp gained from washing while 5x16=80.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    eeto

eeto Mano

Sep 20, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    eet0
    Shadower
    Alpacas
    OH! thanks for spotting my silly mistake. I left out the 20hp gained from leveling cause I used the wrong cell for the formula >.< That means it's better than expected? wow. I will change it :)

4. Appleaters

Appleaters Slime

Aug 9, 2017
    6:16 AM
    Shadower
    MP Washing is absolutely busted - the only issue is the sheer amount of NX needed for it. I had a bandit that only started MP washing in the late 3rd jobs, and I can still hit 10k hp by level 150

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    9:16 AM
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    Your calculations are correct for the most part. I believe the average HP gain per level is 22, not 20, but 20 will give you the conservative estimate.

While this does seem "too good to be true", it's important to understand the magnitude of the amount of NX you will be spending. For you to double wash every level to 155, you'd be spending 2,883,000 NX on resets, which is 480 straight days of voting at best (but maybe less with 2x voting events). And then add another 421,600 NX to reset out your INT. You will most likely level faster than the rate you can vote at.

Quite frankly, MP washing that many times at 140 INT is inefficient. If you do decide you want to dedicate over a year's worth of NX to double wash, I would suggest a higher base INT like 200 to be more efficient. The higher your base INT, the more effective each MP wash is, and the less NX you'll spend on AP resets overall. I wouldn't go too far past 200 though because at a certain point the additional NX to reset INT will outweigh the added efficiency of an MP wash.

Also, MP washing requires fresh AP, while stale HP washing doesn't. This means you could MP wash until your desired MP goal, reset out INT, and then HP wash later whenever you have the NX to do so. Stale HP washes can be done all at once at any time. You'll lose some of the free MP you gain on level up, but you won't feel like a weak noodle for 50+ levels.

The great thing about Shadowers is that they really don't need to wash that hard since they have Meso Guard, effectively doubling your HP. You should look at the Important HP Thresholds thread to decide how much HP you want/need (https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/important-hp-thresholds.31698/). MP washing is definitely very powerful, but the downsides are the much higher NX and resets needed, and the high base INT you need which will make you feel significantly weaker until you can reset it out.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    eeto

eeto Mano

Sep 20, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    eet0
    Shadower
    Alpacas
    Really appreciate your reply :) This post was just to confirm my understanding of MP washing. After this, I will plan my goal and steps while taking your suggestions into consideration! Thanks again ~

7. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    No problem! If you have any more questions feel free to DM me for my discord and I can help you with calculations!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:16 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Sorry for hijacking but i just wanted to ask do you have to mp wash each level or can you do it all at once granted you save up your fresh ap to do so?
    What are the downsides/caveat to waiting to do it all at once vs doing it upon each lvlup?

9. OP
    OP
    eeto

eeto Mano

Sep 20, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    eet0
    Shadower
    Alpacas
    sure~ I'm sort of done with my question unless someone points something else out ~

From my understanding, there will not be a downside if you save the fresh AP. Unless it is compared to a plan to raise your base INT.

10. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    You can do it all at once with accumulated fresh ap.

Downside: if you originally plan to pump the ap into int, then you lose some mp gain when level up as you get +1 mp every extra 10 Int

11. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Thanks. forgot to consider that.

12. OP
    OP
    eeto

eeto Mano

Sep 20, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    eet0
    Shadower
    Alpacas
  13. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    6:16 AM
    Is there a flat HP gain when leveling? or is it random..?

I've tried looking around the forums to see if theres other people that knows the base HP a level 135 Night Lord would have that didn't HP wash at all to one that did HP wash without HP equips.. and I've seen posts say that the HP gain was random but I've read other ones in other forums (better not to say) and they said that its random.. and I'm not so sure if I should stop double washing right now or if i should keep going.. because every level up i would gain HP anyways, so knowing the base if not random would be nice to know if I should continue or not.

The stats shows my HP with items while the AP Reset shows my HP without items.
    Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 6.16.30 AM.png
    (Mac has huge screenshots idk why lol)

14. Averdant

Averdant King Slime

Feb 6, 2020
    thieves gain 20~24 base hp (random) when leveling

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    eeto

eeto Mano

Sep 20, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    eet0
    Shadower
    Alpacas
    Averdant is right. I used 20 all the way as a conservative estimate.

16. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    Based on the 80 HP Gained "from MP Wash" during levels 74-99, I'm assuming you're double washing? Because if you are, then you need to account for the 60 MP that you'll lose from the five stale HP washes every level.

Also, fresh HP washes give 18 HP on average versus the 16 HP you'd get from stale HP washing. I would incorporate that into the model as it makes a 1,000 hp difference from levels 100-200.

Lastly, keeping 200 INT until level 200 is impractical and unrealistic. Why even bother if you're going to handicap yourself for that long? I would pick a level you'd realistically reset out INT for, maybe some time 16x once you can do HT and NT content, or 18x for PB, unless you don't mind forever doing very below average damage.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    15k HP by 165 is quite difficult for thieves and would require well more than 200 INT as well as getting leeched until 15x. If you really want to go that route, I would suggest even more INT (250-300) since you've started a bit late and only have 50 INT worth of gear. You can run the numbers to see how the total NX spent will change. More INT means more efficient MP washes but more NX required to reset out said INT. There is always a sweet spot.

You can probably account for more INT gear too. You should be able to get 90-100 INT gear fairly easily with HTP, helmet, eye, earring, wand, shield, glove, cape, overall, shoe and possibly rings.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    What are options for shoes besides squishy shoes?

20. ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    Yellow snowshoe from Anego or Female Boss

• Great Work Great Work x 1