1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Trapped in a Map

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by ObeliskRex, Jun 12, 2020.

1. ObeliskRex

ObeliskRex Blue Snail

May 5, 2020
    4:55 AM
    Avadalush
    I/L Arch Mage
    I was passing thru Florina (lookout shed) and the map lags and eventually dcs me. I can move around but can't go thru the next portal. Now everytime I log back, it loads me in but before I could tp out of there, the map lags the very first second. Can any GM yank me out of there please? I'm practically logging in lagged and stuck there.

2. OP
    OP
    ObeliskRex

ObeliskRex Blue Snail

May 5, 2020
    Avadalush
    I/L Arch Mage
    Brute forced myself outta there by timing my tp scroll Before the map fades in to beat the lag from kicking in. Still, makes me hesitant to go through that place any time soon. Which means I may miss the event quest requirements. Is there a known issue regarding this?

(Edit) It's happening in random locations and I don't know why.

3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:55 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Could you describe the lag? If it's a lag issue that persists everywhere is it possibly a network issue (from your end)? If you think it's a network issue, perhaps try a VPN or another connection method and let us know if it persists~

4. OP
    OP
    ObeliskRex

ObeliskRex Blue Snail

May 5, 2020
    Avadalush
    I/L Arch Mage
    So far this happened to me the in places that I frequent and had no issues before. Basically, soon as I enter the affected map, I'd noticed the monsters stop in place, indicating lag, but then I'd see world messages still popping and other players moving about doing their thing; I can't do anything but just walk around, then eventually disconnects me back to the login (can't connect error). I can't immediately get in too, telling me that I'm still in.

For now, I'm gonna wait it out for a few hours. I do suspect it's from my end and this happened the past 2 days. I'll update if my issue still persists.

5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:55 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    If you still world messages floating around and you're able to walk around, I dont think it's a client or server sided issue :( best thing I can personally suggest is a VPN, which is what I do if I think my internet connection or ISP's connection to ML or any other game is a tad wonky

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Try a VPN, i had the same exact issue on training maps when i was card hunting back in May, but somehow the problem disappeared after awhile..

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    ObeliskRex

ObeliskRex Blue Snail

May 5, 2020
    Avadalush
    I/L Arch Mage
    I just tried making my way back to those areas just now, and yeah, it's fine now. It seems to be network issue. Frustrating nonetheless. Thanks for the helpful replies.

• Great Work Great Work x 1