1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Website Suggestion: Resizing captions on some pictures

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Precel, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    10:52 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    One day I came across a question about donating. He was briefly confused on how to proceed after choosing donation amount. So I checked the donating web page, and the button to proceed donating is a bit unintuitive.

Picture for reference:

upload_2019-3-14_23-58-8.png

The Kimmy picture is the button to proceed, but it's hard to distinguish if it's a button or just a decorative image. There is a caption at the bottom saying "Click to Donate" but it's too small to be easily readable.

I noticed similar issue with voting images, but these were more intuitive due to the chair saying "vote" in large font. Still, the caption on the bottom is hard to read.
    upload_2019-3-14_23-59-41.png upload_2019-3-15_0-0-5.png

I personally don't think vote buttons are problematic, but I suggest the donating button to be redesigned so that it's more obvious.

I like below image since they are more straightforward, but I'm not remotely close to a graphic designer so I can't recommend much more than this :unsure:

upload_2019-3-15_0-1-43.png

2. OP
    OP
    Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    10:52 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    upload_2019-3-15_0-6-3.png

This image also shows the buttons I like because they are straightforward. I'm posting this image separately because forum is not letting me put it in main post for some reason.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  3. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    5:52 PM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    Our design kru's got dis :heart: Thanks for the feedback c: Will update once changes are made!

• Like Like x 1
  4. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    5:52 PM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1