1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirate How To Corsair

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Jess, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    4:42 AM
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    Disclaimer: Portions of this guide are not up to date. Message me on discord Ryebread#0045 for updated advice.

Hi and welcome to How To Corsair.

My IGN is Jess, and I'm currently level 18X, #1 Corsair in the server.

Special thanks to PoppiPoppi for making the first guide (which I used). This guide is to build off of that and to add some helpful things I've learned.

Note: this is a training guide, not a leeching guide.

LAST UPDATE: 18/09/23, CURRENTLY IN-PROGRESS

• Unique skills, fun and challenging to play
    • Mobile and tactical skill set
    • Funding for decent equips is not expensive
    • Not a lot of HP Washing compared to other high damage jobs
    • Potential for very high damage, one of the best in the game if used correctly
    • Great for bossing
    • Slow levelling and low damage until ~130
    • Skill and bossing mechanics can be difficult to learn and master for some
    • No useful party buffs either than Maple Warrior
    • DPM depends on ability to maintain Battleship
    • Low HP, can easily die

They have potential to, but most likely not achievable unless you have flawless mechanics with ship and readily available buffs + attack pots
    Technically, you only NEED to wash to be able to do specific bosses. It would be smart to prepare to wash regardless, just in case you end up this far by accident like me...
    See the HP washing section for more details.
    Some people do, but I would not recommend if you are training. You would not enjoy the low damage, but if you are self-leeching/leeching, it wouldn't hurt. I'll explain more in the HP washing section

Corsairs have DEX as their main stat, while STR is used for equipment requirements. In general it is recommended to keep STR as low as possible to maximize base DEX. This is done by wearing and scrolling STR equips. To go STR-less endgame would require godly STR gear.

Low-STR: This is the recommended route if you are not funded. Since Maple Guns may be expensive/hard to find, just get enough STR to equip the gun you want. Once you are around level 100 you should be able to have less than 60 base STR with decent STR gear.

No-STR to Low-STR Hybrid: This is now possible because of Maple Guns. These guns don't have a STR requirement. If you are funded, take this route. A good Maple Canon Shooter (level 64 Maple Gun) should keep you happy until around around level 80-90. Once you hit this point you might want to consider adding in some STR to equip higher level guns.

No-STR: As I mentioned, almost unattainable. I've only managed to get +85 STR from my gear, whereas you need +106 STR to get base 4 STR.

If you don't know what HP washing is, read up on some washing guides.

Essentially, you will need to increase your HP to be able to battle certain high level mobs and bosses. Equipping INT gear while you level or putting points into INT, increases your maximum MP. Once you have enough excess MP to reset, you will add 1 AP into HP, while resetting from MP into DEX.

Don't over think this!!! Just level with decent INT gear and reset excess MP into HP. About 45 resets should be good for when you get to Horntail level. Also note that washing too much will make the ship take more damage from 1/1 hits. So if you do wash a lot, make sure you dismount at those attacks.

I was able to get to 5.6k HP (Minimum HP needed for Horntail) at level 155 with 45-50 washes. I found out about washing around level 80-90. From there on I borrowed some INT gear whenever I levelled, since I never had base INT. I did make some really bad INT gear (~got 70 INT in total) for when I didn't have borrowed gear. But you really shouldn't need base INT at all if you are only going for the minimum by 155.

Another alternative would be to blood wash. This is adding AP right into HP. I did this to catch up on HP when I realized I didn't have enough. You will then reset excess MP into DEX.

Here are the skill builds (Numbered from order of recommended SP distribution)

You have two options at this point: Double Shot or Somersault Kick. People use Somersault Kick and hold a high attack common weapon (i.e. Frozen Tuna, etc.) which will give you higher damage and more mobbing ability than the gun build. Personally, I recommend the double shot build even though it is pretty weak, just because you might as well get used to using a gun. I have never tried this build but seen people have success with this.

Recommended Build:
    1. Double Shot (MAX)
    2. Dash (MAX)
    3. Bullet Time (MAX)
    4. Somersault Kick (11/20)
    Somersault Kick Build:
    1. Somersault Kick (MAX)
    2. Dash (MAX)
    3. Bullet Time (11/20)
    4. Double Fire (MAX)
    Second job gives you many options for skills. Depending on your playing style, you can distribute your SP many different ways, as long as you max everything EXCEPT Grenade.

If you are planning to grind for the most part use the recommended build. If you plan on PQing and questing early on, you might want to add a couple of points into Wings and Recoil Shot for mobility ***see Skill Mechanics section***, and 1 in Blank Shot for stun instead of maxing Invisible Shot right away.

Recommended Build:
    1. Gun Mastery (MAX)
    2. Invisible Shot (MAX)
    3. Gun Booster (6/10)
    4. Wings (5/10)
    5. Recoil Shot (MAX)
    6. Wings (MAX)
    7. Blank Shot (MAX)
    8. Gun Booster (MAX)
    9. Bullet Time (MAX) + Grenade (Leftover SP)
    With Burst Fire you won't be AS weak so max this first. From there it is again up to you. I recommend maxing ice and fire first as they can be used alternatively when grinding ***see Skill Mechanics section***. YOU MUST MAX HOMING BEACON FOR AN ESSENTIAL FOURTH JOB SKILL.

Recommended Build:
    1. Burst Fire (MAX)
    2. Gaviota (1/20) + Homing Beacon (1/20)
    3. Ice Splitter (26/30)
    4. Flamethrower (MAX)
    5. Gaviota (15/20)
    6. Octopus (MAX)
    7. Homing Beacon (MAX)
    Now this is where it gets fun... well once you max Battleship Cannon. This skill give you very high damage when combined with Bullseye. Pretty straightforward. The core skills you will need to max for bossing are Battleship, Battleship Cannon, and Bullseye, so try to max them ASAP.

Recommended Build:
    1. Battleship (1/10) + Rapid Fire (1/30)
    2. Battleship Cannon 30 (MAX)
    3. Bullseye 20 (MAX)
    4. Rapidfire 30 (MAX) or Battleship 10 (MAX)
    5. Maple Warrior 10 or 20 (9/10 or 19/20)
    6. Wraith of the Octopi 20 (MAX) or Air Strike 30 (MAX) or Battleship Torpedo 30 (MAX)
    7. Whatever you want...

Use this to travel around in flat maps
    Use this as a main mobbing skill as an Outlaw. Alternates between ice and fire quickly and effectively.
    TO BE UPDATED

Since Gunners are horrible at grinding, it is recommended that you do as many high exp quests as you can at low levels. Party Quests are also a great way to meet people at early levels to grind with, while also getting decent exp.

In general, grinding is pretty rough. It would be best to find a training partner! Some of the recommended spots may be tough without a partner but it is possible to go solo when strong enough.

• 1-10 Maple Island
    • 11-20 Quests (Nautilus+ NLC Quiz + others), HPQ
    • 21-30 KPQ, Ant Tunnel, Boars, Quests
    • 31-34 Quests (Ariant), Teddies
    • 35-50 LPQ, Quests
    • 51-57 LMPQ, OPQ, PPQ, Quests
    • 58-70 GS2, MP3, GS1
    • 65-95 Windraiders, Wolf Spiders (75+ with party), Kents (83+ with party)
    • 80+ Jr. Newts (Boring/lazy sniping whenever you have enough HP)
    • 89-94 Gallopera, Nightshadows
    • 95-108 Himes, Nightshadows
    • 108+ Himes, Skeles, Petris, Headless Horseman (if enough HP)
    • 130+ Essentially any boss you are strong enough to kill, Shaolin Temple, Skeles, Petris

I suck at this, but I'll update this soon.

Here are the gears I think should be reasonable to obtain for end game gear. Ideally, perfect gear would be nice, but this gear should be possible to make without the use of white scrolls:

• 105+ ATT Dragonfire Revolver
    • 14+ ATT Brown Work Glove or Yellow Marker
    • 8+ ATT Pink Adventurer Cape or Pink Gaia Cape
    • 30+ STR Red Barbay (Less Required STR)
    • 23 STR, 23 DEX Horned Tail Necklace
    • 19 STR, 30+ DEX Scarlion Helmet
    • 12+ DEX earrings
    • 7+ STR, 12+ DEX shoes OR 2+ ATT Red Christmas Sock
    • +ATT, STR, or DEX face accessory
    • +1 ALL Broken Glasses
    • Anything else I missed :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    6:42 AM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Haha gzz on #1 sair!

3. NugZeh

NugZeh Slimy Retired Staff

May 6, 2017
    Male
    UK
    12:42 PM
    BEST CORSAIR GUIDE!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    7:42 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    Are you gonna show people how to get ressed ResidentSleeper

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Whens your how to make a pac into 0 attack guide :^)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    Thanks!!!

No cuz I can't do that property either :^)...

):

• Like Like x 1
  7. Camille

Camille Master Chronos

May 12, 2017
    Female
    USA
    6:42 AM
    Camille
    Warrior
    Muse
    This is such a good guide!! Gratz Kuya Ryan on #1 Corsair too hehe :heartbeat:

8. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    7:42 PM
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    Hi Jess. Really awesome guide. By any chance do you know how many dex = to 1wa at level 15x? I have a peacemaker with 97wa and I'm thinking if it's worth it to get 20more str into my AP and make a better gun. Wanna estimate what WA the dragon revolver has to match. Or should I just stick with this gun and keep the 20 ap to my dex. Please advice!

9. OP
    OP
    Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    It is definitely worth t to upgrade to a revolver. I think it's it's 5-7 dex = 1 WA... not too sure of the exact values but I know WA should definitely be more of a focus at later levels

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    Awesome guide Ryan :D

11. Manohjay

Manohjay Horny Mushroom

Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    YNWA
    Night Lord
    Influence
    I read somewhere that corsairs need a minimum of 160 int to wash once but you mention that we do not need to add into base int for washing. Are we expected to get 156 INT from gears in order to wash?

I am planning on creating a new corsair and making it have a base INT of 100 and getting +60 INT from equips. Then do 50+ resets in order to get the minimum HP. Is that a bad idea?

12. OP
    OP
    Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    Base int is not required but is beneficial if you are able to.
    If you need damage to grind early on, it is possible to reach 5.6k by 155 through some int gear and a bit of blood washing.
    However, if you want have 5.6k HP earlier and maximize the amount of MP you can wash out for the long term, base int is the way to go. Just make sure it is not too much int to hinder your leveling if you are not leeching. And be aware that the more HP you gain, the more damage you take on your ship if hit.

Tl;Dr - base int is not needed but is beneficial. If you intend to grind with your sair I would not recommend base int as it is hell to grind to 130 as is. If you are leeching, add base int for long term gains

13. OP
    OP
    Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    Going to make some updates soon, hopefully!

14. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    Hey Jess. Can i check, should i wear a 97WA Peacemaker or a 101WA Dragon Revolver? Is adding 20AP more into my STR worth the 4WA. Pls Advice. And no Manohjay, i have a base int of 4, with my int gear i have only 110 INT (Have been wearing them since the start) and i am able to do more than enough washes to hit 5.6kHP at level 15x.

15. OP
    OP
    Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    I think it is worth it to upgrade to a revolver. Your main focus should be upgrading attack and revolvers have the best base attack.

16. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    Okay. Thank you Jess. :) appreciate the help!!

17. tkaBrain

tkaBrain Blue Snail

Mar 10, 2017
    Male
    tkaBrain
    Brawler
    Hello,

Great guide and very concise compared to some other guides (wish it was around when I was 70+ or before I made a dex overall...). As I am about to be a corsair, I am very interested about what you have to say about bossing such as mount/dismount and such. I've watched a few videos online and it seems like a lot of people just tank the damage or rarely dismount... since it's probably not realistic to dismount on every attack when bossing, when should you try to it?

Also rough lyfe WR's until 95 f4

18. OP
    OP
    Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    Zakum and Horntail preheads are relatively easy to dismount to, however it does take away from dpm, can be really frustrating, and takes time to master. I've never really tested out when it's optimal to dismount, but there are times where I consider it essential to maintain battleship hp.

For Zakum and Horntail I highly suggest dismounting before you get hit with 1/1 attacks (both bosses will make a glowing effect). These attacks damage the ship the most. Also if you cannot dodge attacks that stun while on ship, I would dismount as it leaves you vulnerable to extra damage while stunned.

As for WR until 95, there are other options.
    With a party: gs2, mp3, wolfspiders, kents
    Solo: nightshadows, Jr. newtie sniping (can be boring), galloperas (never tried)

19. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    Hey Jess, how many washes do you recommend as a Corsair in light of the new update such as Ninja Castle and the upcoming Neo Tokyo and CWKPQ? Please Advice.
    I'm currently level 50+ on my corsair with 4 base INT, with my INT Gears i have 110 INT. I'm not sure if this is sufficient for the future bosses as my initial plans were to hit 5.7k HP at 155 only.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    Hmm, I'm not too sure of washing strategies for the new updates. If there are new bosses to battle that give good exp, it might be worth it to wash more. I don't have plans on washing more but if you are able to try it out, let me know how it goes.