1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should the AP Reset change be handled?

Discussão em 'General Discussion' iniciada por Siggy, 13 Julho 2017.

How should the AP Reset change be handled?

1. Leave them as they currently are

21.3%
  2. Change the price to 2.5k NX for 1 / 10k NX for 5

54.1%
  3. Obtain AP Resets via daily quest and/or hunting

44.7%
  4. Buff % HP Scrolls

2.7%
Votos em múltiplos itens são permitidos.
  1. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

1 Dezembro 2015
    09:00
    fuckmyassholfuckmyasshol

You're assuming that by solving all the flaws of MapleStory it will help maintain a stable population.
    I don't want to really name the server you're trying to push out of me.
    But they tried to solve all these problems suggested by their players.
    HP Washing
    Secondary Stats
    Leeching
    They still failed to maintain their player base.

You're assuming that a broken game mechanics will drive the player base away, when clearly as an example of the server it isn't.
    You signed up for MapleLegends knowing it as a low rate server, out of possibly hundreds of different rates. (including higher ones)
    Players can easily be attracted to the "mostly" fixed boss dc, clean bugless server etc.

I'm not sure how much I stretch your statement.
    But you're just assuming players play MapleStory for the sake of horntail.
    "Like I said, players who get 99% of something will still have the 1% lingering in their heads."
    All characters no matter of what class will have enough HP by level 200 without washing a single point to survive HT.

Let's be honest, in almost all servers and even in GMS the majority of the game are "casuals".
    Players that don't have any specific impact on the game whatsoever, who probably never complete bosses or reach level 200.
    But that's okay! There's more to maple than strict bossing and getting 200, people have their own freedom to enjoy anything they want.
    But hey you assume that ALL players only find enjoyment in horntail.

I'm not sure what handicapped you are referring to.
    Like I've always stated towards HP washing, it's a luxury the number you choose at what level is completely yours.
    If you choose to hit the min required number at exactly 155 (When you're actually useful at horntail), it'll literally feel like you dont even have a base INT crutch.
    However if you're one of those players thats aiming for 10k HP at 120, then I'm sorry you asked for this.

I'm not sure how much of a crutch you're defining, but it's definitely not as bad as you're describing it.
    I'm a 16x nightlord with 60 base INT STILL, and i'm considered a pretty strong attacker.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

14 Setembro 2015
    15:00
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    How'd you come up with that claim? AFAIK you'll have between (~)4378 - (~)5178 hp at lvl 200 as a thief or bowman.

3. Hyoon

1 Dezembro 2015
    You need bare minimum 4850 base HP to survive HT with HB.
    This is the bare bare minimum, meaning if HB ever drops from dispel you'll die.

With items with high DEF such as a zak helmet you'll be able to survive with this, but it'll be close.

Deputy star and broken glasses easily give +130 HP without even washing.
    Meaning that 4700 base HP is required.
    What you see from the 4378 is the bare minimum meaning every level up you were shit out of luck and only got the minimum level up HP.
    4700 ~ being the average so yes you can survive HT without hp washing.

4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

14 Setembro 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Ah I thought the concensus was that you'd need 5,8k hp. Thanks for clearing that up.

5. Hyoon

1 Dezembro 2015
    5.6k*
    And that's a safe number because you'll survive HT after legs/tail even without HB.
    This however takes coordination, but at HT you should be talking amongst your squad.

6. Isuzu

Isuzu Timer

22 Março 2016
    Masculino
    Australia
    14:00
    lsuzu/Isuzu
    Magician, Thief
    OppaiHeaven
    Once upon a time, there is a guy name Pikachu. Pikachu was a very hardworking guy. He study hard and work hard, hoping to build a bring future for himself. He then enrolled in an Engineering degree in Havard's University, you know it isn't easy, you will need to work REALLY hard for it. During his 4 years of degree, he continue to work hard, projects/assignments/presentations/exams, he conquered them all. Finally, he graduated with a First Class and became successful! Right after he graduated, a bunch of new students came in. They complain about how difficult it is to complete their degree, lack of time/life-less/exam too difficult/cant understand sh*t in lecture/lack of girls in engineering/etc.... AND SO, the head of school decided "oh lets reduce the difficulty in this course, students don't need to deal with thermodynamics/numerical methods/CFD/FEA/Automatic Control, they just need to understand basic maths and science and they are good to go.. So that we get more students enroll in the University". Pikachu is so sad. He worked so hard for his First Class Honours, but now all these new students will be able to reach the "same level" as him easily. But Pikachu cannot do anything, since all decisions are ultimately made by the head of school. Complains went unheard, polls are in favour of the new students because there are too many of them. Pikachu then live sadly ever after. *RIP Pikachu...

Let
    Pikachu = True Legends
    New Students = New Players
    Engineering = NightLord/BowMaster/whatever-need-to-wash
    Havard's University = MapleLegends (how highly I think you are)
    *I am not good with ideas and may be bad to list them all, relate them yourself :)

RIP Pikachu, again.

Disclaimers:
    1. Pikachu is just a name, it is not necessary Satoshi's Pikachu or any Pikachu you may know.
    2. By using "he/him" for Pikachu, I am not saying that Pikachu(s) you may know is(are) male.
    3. Not all engineering course need to deal with thermodynamics/numerical methods/CFD/FEA/Automatic Control.
    4. I am just a Korean/Japanese cuisine chef worked in Birmingham, UK, and now Adelaide, Australia. (Not to mention a MapleLegends player too)
    5. If you have problem understanding this text, please PM(Private Message) me for any inquiries. Translations may be available upon request (Chinese, Malay, Cantonese, Hakka, Japanese, Korean, French)
    6. IMPORTANT: I actually don't like what's going on now.. I got distracted and made 2 plates of sushi wrongly yesterday.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

10 Junho 2017
    Masculino
    United States
    06:00
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta

The only part of this analogy that is remotely correct is "pikachu" being sad. Please show me ANY evidence of ANY new player DEMANDING / COMPLAINING about AP resets and I'll gladly take back my words. It was simply a decision made by the administration team that a lot of new players happened to support.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Verne

Verne Mano

7 Maio 2017
    Masculino
    Agreed. Except the sad part. Even that part is wrong. He got salty and lived saltily ever after.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Isuzu

Isuzu Timer

22 Março 2016
    Masculino
    Australia
    lsuzu/Isuzu
    Magician, Thief
    OppaiHeaven
    Kay I admit I don't know 100% whats going on. I don't know why this happen and what is what, I only read first few pages of this thread. And if you look back at it, you will find a lot of people saying washing is hard. Dont ask me to prove it, I am not into that, go look for it yourself it is there. And it is completely fine for you to disagree with me, since you are not Pikachu :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Isuzu

Isuzu Timer

22 Março 2016
    Masculino
    Australia
    lsuzu/Isuzu
    Magician, Thief
    OppaiHeaven
    Hmmmm... I don't know how to interpret this.. This statement actually deserve more of my time and brain juice to think about.

Do you mean if this case happen in real life, it is just "s*ck to be you Pikachu, s*ck up all your salt and move on"? You don't even feel this is wrong? =/

There are a some issues here:

1. If this happen, the society and technologies will go DOWNHILL, instead of improving. Everything is become more and more difficult in real life so that we human can improve. If you look back books from 100 years ago, their knowledge is not as deep as of now, their information is not very adequate too. We use previously found knowledge to look for new knowledge and make life easier. Same as maple, how did the first team who conquered Zakum and HornTail did it? They didn't have the gears they have today (although I am pretty sure those gears they have that time are still better than anything you can get (oh sh*t I shouldn't be saying this actually, but it just comes out)), but anyway they conquered them. And now, with the Zakum helmet and HornTail Necklace they have today, they make boss runs easier and faster, and they sell these services to you guys to make your life easier too. There was no chance for them to obtain a Zakum Helmet at the level of 50.

2. There is a moral issue here, Rational Thinking. For more information please refer to this link. It is from Wikipedia and I know it is not a reliable source, I already go through it and I think it is not a bad one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationality
    Pikachu story is just an example, but if you don't think the head of school is making the wrong decision (in Pikachu's case), you definitely need more education. This is just wrong, so wrong that I don't need to say anything to prove it is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

8 Maio 2015
    Masculino
    Beginner
    I'm not even a new player, but I stopped playing my assassin because I would never be able to play endgame content.
    Another player, Granberg, who's not new either is also pretty tired of not being able to kill bosses for quest, because he's too weak.

So as you see, the problem is so common among people who's not in the elite, that even players who are not new are having problems.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

21 Abril 2015
    Masculino
    Argentina
    10:00
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    The people disagreeing with my posts, care to elaborate? Or do you just click that button because it makes you feel cool?

• Disagree x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  13. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

8 Maio 2015
    Masculino
    Beginner
    The way you worded your post made it sound like you expected casual players to get 90 int from equips, which is pretty hilarious.

Edit: a number

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

25 Maio 2015
    Masculino
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    That's just because you play the game incorrectly, basically all the bosses that you need to kill for quests can be done without washing, you may have to level more before you do it, but you can still do it eventually.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

8 Maio 2015
    Masculino
    Beginner
    Yeah, your right. But ain't this the essence of washing, to do stuff earlier, and to not wait an eternity.

16. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

25 Maio 2015
    Masculino
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    It's not hard to reach a total of 120 int per level up, zhelm+ some shitty-average int gear+some int base= 120. Not hard at all, if ppl want to complain about having think a bit before making a character then that's another problem.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Dothraki

Dothraki Blue Snail

27 Junho 2017
    21:00
    Dothraki
    Assassin
    The choice is clear, reduce the ap reset price.
    That was originally intended for the new patch and is what the current majority voted.

As for old timers on the server who don't want to feel shortchanged after washing at the original price,
    Who cares, times change, deal with it.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Isuzu

Isuzu Timer

22 Março 2016
    Masculino
    Australia
    lsuzu/Isuzu
    Magician, Thief
    OppaiHeaven
    Do you know I was an assassin like you too? Me and A LOT of people went through exactly the pain you been through. The only difference is that you gave up, we don't.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

25 Maio 2015
    Masculino
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Washing is basically about thinking more than 2 seconds before you make your character, preparing accordingly, planning out how you want to make your character, putting forth EFFORT. If you wanna be a casual player, then by all means go right ahead, but don't come to complain about it in the forums with your hunting gach tix problems and your hp problems.

20. Verne

Verne Mano

7 Maio 2017
    Masculino
    You're overthinking a jokey response. It means just what it says. Salty is just slang for pissed. The majority of players that disagreed with the change didn't get gloomy and dejected over the change. Withdrawing to a thread where they talk about how sad it is that this is happening, without opposing it. Instead they got upset, and complained to resist the change. Simply correcting your story.

You say this right after admitting that you made a post where you didn't know what you were talking about? come on man.
    You sound like the kind of guy that makes LPQs last for half an hour.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1