1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Map owner abuse?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by LeftBawlSack, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

10:51 AM
    For sure, if you manage to hit the mobs and kill the mules, its their fault for afking.
    Do note however, they will still hold map owner until the 5 minute timer is done.

(Confession: Ive done this at Skeles before Petris were released...)

2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:51 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    But if ur intentionally hitting knowing it's map owned by another char.. isn't that "ks-ing" technically?

If it's just one accidental hit that could be fine, but if ur there hitting and purposefully trying to kill the mule I think that wouldn't be okay

3. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    5:51 PM
    Crusader
    Whatever they don't know can't hurt them... OnionMuha

But on a really, really serious note... this looks like a clear case of exploitation to me. I am not too sure if it's really gonna work, but as Sam_Vosh suggested, perhaps a faster map owner expiration time would help.

4. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

-shrugs- You arent KILLING the mobs, simply hitting them.
    The map owner rule is stupid for many reasons including this one. People hold petri maps with mules for HOURS looking to sell leech, never actually using the map. Youre unable to leave your map for buffs without risking losing the mob.
    People have been banned because they killed 90% of anego, went to fm for HS, came back and lost map owner then killed the map without realizing.
    People have been banned because they killed Sage Cat when someone was camping in a far corner away from Sage Cat (almost impossible to see through minimap) (x person got banned without even knowing someone else was using the map because it was a mule camping).

I would definitely reconsider this command or rule. Maybe change the 'afk' timer to something shorter (3mins? enough time to pee.) , make it so that if you leave map you still have map owner for 2 minutes etc.

make it so that ks wars are accepted and only ban in cases of severe harassment (multiple cases of KS against 1 person) KS WARS ARE FUN

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:51 AM
    Moderator Post
    How is this less exploitable? You can CC surf (hoarding channels) with 1 character instead, which already happens in an other server

6. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

How is there no check as to how many maps X person owns? would seem silly to be able to own more than 1 map.

Edit: pretty sure thats an easy add to the command.

7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Thing is, you try make an exception to something because mapowner is stupid. However, the reason to this is because you think people going to FM by a custom feature (warping to FM) should remain map owner, which I honestly don't agree with.

If you leave the map, you lost the map. If you take the lazy way by using the FM button instead of bringing your HS mule to the actual map how it should be its your own fault and own risk.

Edit: Typos. Hate this laptop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Bringing the HS mule discourages Mage + Attacker combo, or Attacker+Attacker combo (assuming hs mule is within the mob leech lvl)
    Regardless, the leaving map issue doesn't at all even take into consideration the people hogging up maps.
    Its actually cancerous at boss maps and at Petris/Skeles - 5 minutes is definitely too long

Edit: I dont see how getting buffs in fm and retaining mapowner for 1-2mins is worse than holding mapowner using mules. I also dont see how utilizing a custom feature (warping to FM) and keeping mapowner should even matter, considering mapowner is a custom feature in within itself...

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Yep, that's something else. I was just purely replying that I do not agree that people leaving maps should get a timer to remain owner. Going to FM is purely risk, and disconnecting is something we can't control.

Obviously hogging maps using mules is something I do not support, but unless a good solution is thought about that doesn't have loopholes, every feature have a flaw. And no, we have absolutely zero consideration removing mapowner altogether, for those nostalgic for that.

Besides that we are still reading this thread, so just keep the (on-topic) replies going.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Added a second part to my original post. Sorry :X

Nuking the extra 2 minutes on the AFK feature seems like a reasonable and easy edit.. (going from 5mins->3mins) for the time being

11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Yeah I've already read and (slightly) discussed the timer suggestions. Right now we have no finalised comment to give regarding that.

12. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:51 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Just accept that you won't get to kill anego unless you get the map first. You can try killing mules that are afk to take the map, that works. As long as the person doesn't ask you to cc you cannot get banned for ksing. This has been a problem from the beginning, I was banned for ksing for 3 days because I "stole" an anego from Charlobeetle (banned lv 200 player) when I went to get hs in fm and he took mapower. He was mad at me because we were in rival guilds and he wanted to be rank 1 attacker and he set me up to get banned. Be careful with mapower because the way it works is stupid and can fuck you in the ass easily.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  13. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    5:51 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    While trying to think of ways to combat hogging maps with mules. @Mapowner doesn't have a lot of flexibility BUT I think a good idea to reduce the amount of mules/map hoggers would be to:

- @Mapowner Edit: 1 map can be held by 1 ip, 1 map per ip
    - @Mapowner for certain maps can be tuned for level restrictions ( Petris: 105+ to get mapowner, Anego: 125+ to get mapowner.. pretty much the lowest level you can leech from those maps)

just some ideas.

Edit: Hope you saved monster sacs from Halloween for killing mules. xD

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Confirmed. For now, just kill the mules #Fuck the police! Comin' straight from the underground

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    1) Is an issue for actual siblings (they exist)
    2) Would not have too much disadvantages but can make it very confusing for casual users, because if it happens at Anego the next suggestion probably is to toss it at other maps too.

16. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Maybe same HWID? :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. dedeye49

dedeye49 Red Snail

Aug 6, 2017
    2:51 AM
    leftbawlsack
    Islander
    Lolz, as far it goes, you need to step outside clown

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Here's the thing, If you know what users are siblings for voting maybe add that ip to a table in the db and check the table for exceptions(siblings). Almost like a whitelist table, then that ip can have 2 mapowners.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. Ziren

Ziren Orange Mushroom

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Macau
    Ziren
    Vodka
    There's way too much variance to make policies that amend mapowner rules for certain circumstances which would require a lot more time and resources for GMs to enforce. I don't agree with mapowner but you have to live with what you get in a private server.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Pretty much what it comes down too with a command like this. Probably not the best thing to use resources on, it's worked fine since 2015 and yea there has been arguments about it in the past too but you just gotta live with it.