1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Christmas 2020 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:14 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    There is literally no reason to do 3hit skele for AM lifecycle. if you choosed it, than it's your fault.
    and also I made already AM 5 times in this server. 3 FPs, 2 ILs. + 6 bishes.

2. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    11:14 AM
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    I remember the time when I wish I rolled an I/L mage because, F/P couldn't go to ob4 and wasted so many more pots leveling because, I would get hit by so many magic attacks and we couldn't freeze. I still sticked to F/P even though it was a "meme" class because, I liked it. A single freeze nerf and you guys think I/L is unplayable compared to F/P even though you guys save a lot more pots leveling and have the luxury for a change of scenery at ob4. Actual clowns.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Shmoo

Shmoo Horny Mushroom

Oct 16, 2020
    Male
    5:14 AM
    Shmoo
    Warrior
    It's over for leechcels

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. cyeoh1120

cyeoh1120 King Slime

Jul 29, 2020
    MapleBoy
    I/L Arch Mage
    GucciGang
    You're not contributing any constructive feedback. Your way of saying "if you chose it, then it's your fault" literally speaks out why you don't see an issue. My point here is, give AM their identity, not just something like "oh shit, they deal 30% more Magic Attack compared to Bishop, it must be balanced!".

As of right now, Bishop makes more mesos/hr from skele leech, they get to join boss raids, they require 1 less client, they have so many utility skills. Whereas for Arch Mage, they only have "30% more magic than bishop LEL"???

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    6:14 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    calm your tits you leechbot your identity is freeze more like your identity is afk and watch netflix, if you dont boss as an archmage is because you are weak or not interested in doing so, I know of some archmages that horntail and PB like boxy or oradious and they aren't a meme actually good damage

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. QueenOfSin

QueenOfSin Red Snail

Oct 26, 2020
    Female
    11:14 AM
    QueenOfSin
    Assassin
    This. In your attempt to nerf I/Ls viability in 5-6f, you've also affected sairs, making them much harder to train at 7f.
    A bit unfair, considering how weak they are already.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    So many wrong points but I can't sure I can persuade you.
    1. double MP pot using is painful in early lvls
    It's because you went to wrong map. there is obviously path of grinding for AMs spamming ults w/o HB, MU, unwashed, still earns lots of $. too lazy to write down in here whole guides.
    2. AMs identity is, you pointed out well. that dmg boost it is.
    3. If you thought bishes earn more $ for skele leech, same AM sells ulu2 oneshot while bishes sell skele 2shots
    bish with 1shot skeles? AM petri oneshot. this comes from option 2. AMs identity.
    4. You forgot how much genesis 30 mastery book costs.

When you hope to compare 2 classes, you should have both experience for 2 classes.
    If you still think bish is superior for money making than AM, I really hope you go try for it and notice that how 30% boost of dmg helped your AM life. You'll know. if you actually try both classes.

And don't do more than 1shot grinding unless it's shaolin. again, AM has literally NO REASON to do 1+ shots grinding except shaolin.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    5:14 PM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Wow! These monks learn the art of jumping as well as superheat in the winter. I wanna know who their master is. MONKAS :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    2102 Top Floor of Roppongi Mall
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    Bishops being high on demand for boss runs as well as earning mesos from leeching definitely proves how insane bishops are compared to AMs. By nerfing Ice/Lightning AMs and others with freezing/macro specifically for shaolin temple does not really make it any beneficial.

Try looking into player's perspective where mesos itself is already difficult to gain. We basically rely on boss drops and leeching.

How exactly does nerfing shaolin by making them un-freezable benefit? We have popular areas such as Ulu2 and Skeles that are usually full and we as players constantly try to find different areas to leech due to that.

Perhaps adding more channels could help.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. stomachache

stomachache Horny Mushroom

Mar 11, 2020
    Tokyo
    Remorse
    Hero
    Colors
    Uh not really trying to cry about the I/L “nerf” here but putting aside some Neo Tokyo and Road of Regret mobs, Shaolin Mobs are pretty much the only mobs left that late game I/L’s cant one-hit but yet, for the sake of “nerfing shaolin leech or 5/6 or whatever the hell it is” you guys gotta kill off the most important factor that makes Blizzard the skill actually called Blizzard.

Not like 5/6 is the only place I/L’s grind but still, I do think its a weird change.

Oh and unless you’ve already fixed the mobs acting like a rubber band bullshit, 20% Guardian is gonna make them glide around more. Lol

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. HeartOfGold

HeartOfGold Red Snail

Mar 31, 2020
    2:14 AM
    HeartOfGold
    Hermit
    awaiting for Linny's legends news video XD

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    4:14 AM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    Maybe I can pitch in as I've sold a few hundred hours of 1h skeles with a sweeper as well as a few hundred hours at 5-6.

Bishops are a pain in the ass to reach the 1h skeles threshold of 1295-1300 TMA.
    1. Yeah, AM's were extremely easy to level up at shaolin. When I was leveling my IL/FP, they were both getting around 80-110m eph at 3-4. The bishops alternative is to slowly waste away at Skeles for half the EPH.
    2. AM's identity of damage boost is really only helpful when it comes to leveling. Petris requires a similar TMA threshold as 1h skeles.
    3. For leeching purposes, a Bishop is able to start making 6m/hr starting at 120 (LUL) and eventually make an HB/MU mule, whereas an AM needs to spend time leveling an HS mule, HB mule, MU mule. It's still obviously more heavily weighted towards AM's to be able to sell leech sooner at Ulu2. The tradeoff I always saw w/ bishops vs AM's was that, AM's can start making a ton of mesos sooner but aren't AS viable as bishops at bossing.
    4. Yeah bishops are expensive as fk.

But what cyeoh1120 is more concerned about is end game money making. Selling 5-6 leech with two mages is memed on by everyone for being effortless. The only way 5-6 is "effortless" is if you're spamming your macro cast like Shivering did when he sold 2 channels of 5-6. Your EPH drops by 20%, so your profits also drop a decent amount.
    Before I hit the 1330/1360 TMA threshold to 3 hit gold monks, I was making about 24m/hr at 5-6, taking pot costs into consideration, and this was with trying my best to time my ultimate casts.

5-6's mesos/hr starts to shine once you can 3 hit gold monks, making anywhere from 30-36m/hr. But this is only possible if you focus on your rotations, consistently teleport your FP back into position, and run an MW20 mule, so your rotations don't get scuffed when you rebuff.

Selling 5-6 seemed effortless because your APM is half that of selling 1h skeles w/ a sweeper, but I still can't watch Netflix when I sell 5-6 without ruining my EPH whereas at skeles, I can focus on my dubbed anime (KEKW).

Also, a bishop can only make 30m/hr+ at skeles if you have perfect rotations and run a taunt mule.

End of the day, I still think bishops are a lot more "value" if these changes go through. Even though they take forever to hit the 1h skeles TMA threshold, they're just more viable at the mid game stage b/c of bossing. The biggest benefit of running 2 mages at Shaolin was the ability to quickly self leech an attacker.

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Kutzhi

Kutzhi Blue Snail

Oct 27, 2020
    Male
    Kutzhi
    It's obvious they love heroes more than paladins

14. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think you mean just leeching. Bossing is currently a terrible way to make mesos due to how low prices are for boss drops and services.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    wot d fok so Marksman/Paladins and Corsairs can't freeze em too MapleF6

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    3:14 AM
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    Please also do this for Anego/Female Boss and other related bosses to prevent ONE SINGLE multi-clienter from hogging all CHs so the rest of us can farm. F3

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. cyeoh1120

cyeoh1120 King Slime

Jul 29, 2020
    MapleBoy
    I/L Arch Mage
    GucciGang
    1. I never said I was in the wrong map, in fact I grind efficiently. I am talking about this in general in terms of profitability. You spend 1m/hr at skele as a 1h bishop, whereas you spend 2m/hr in pots as a 1h Arch Mage.
    2. The damage boost isn't enough to cover up the utilities that Bishop has:
    - Invincible ~ 40% touch damage reduction
    - Holy Symbol ~ +50% party EXP bonus
    - Holy Shield ~ Very effective at late game boss runs
    - Genesis ~ higher base damage (prior to amplification) + faster cast speed even without a spell booster
    - Ability to Heal seduced targets
    - Resurrection
    - Less potion usage
    3. We're talking about end-game maps. Yes, Ulu 2 is profitable early game, but that is because that's what Arch Mages are only good at (making mesos). 1h Skeles requires similar Magic (for an I/L) to 1h Petris. Why is Bishop able to make more mesos/hr (skele has great drop table) at the later stage of the game than Arch Mages when that's supposed to be Arch Mage's identity?
    4. Genesis cost is high, but it is easily earned back by selling 1h skele leech right now. Also, it is because there are more Bishops than Arch Mages, hence the higher demand (because Bishop has higher utility and more fun to play with). To gain 100m, all you need to do is sell ~20 more hours of 1h skele leech to get back your net loss compared to Arch Mages.

I am 100% sure that I can easily earn back my mesos as a Bishop right now since I can easily mass level a Bishop with 2 of my mages. Also, yes, I still think that Bishop has the upper hand in terms of gaining mesos/hr. I've already mentioned the estimated gained (prior to deducting pot mesos) on my earlier post, 1h skele leech yields the highest Mesos/hr.

The only reason why people are struggling with mesos as a Bishop is because they stick with selling low level leech like GS, WR, and WS when they should have levelled their Bishop.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Tomja

Tomja Mano

Dec 2, 2020
    Male
    LaTraviata
    Bishop
    Neverland
    WHY don't you make a bishop and try how it is? And do it without funding it with your AM. I sold a considerate amount of leech (though not as hardcore) during early levels and it was not until I reached 160 to make enough money for mw20, gen 30 + decent gears to hit ulu2. AM at level 130 with max ultimate + ele wand is able to one hit ulu2. Get your privileged 30~40%ish dmg boost ass out of here and go provide holy symbol/shield on boss runs. Grass is not greener on this side.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  19. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    2102 Top Floor of Roppongi Mall
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    seems like the only benefit from bossing i assume would be mw20 and 30?

20. cyeoh1120

cyeoh1120 King Slime

Jul 29, 2020
    MapleBoy
    I/L Arch Mage
    GucciGang
    Great, you've provided 2 Arch Mages. Now, please provide more IGNs. I've told you, out of the 30 spots, only 1 or 2 spots are for Arch Mages. What do you mean by "actually good damage"? The fact that you even mentioned "dealing good damage" is an indirect way of saying "we do not want Arch Mages here unless you have 15b worth of Mage equips", hence strengthen my point of Arch Mages not having an identity. Thanks for that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2