1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Christmas 2020 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Dec 20, 2020.

1. SweetTreat

SweetTreat Slime

Nov 2, 2019
    3:45 AM
    I guess we want to be known as NerfLegends instead huh

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:45 PM
    Moderator Post
    Sure. Fortunately for you though, you joined in an era when the server already was much easier than it used to be.

• Agree Agree x 13
  3. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    6:45 AM
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    haha I remember checking this thread out before was a nice tip thanks! The issue I see is that spot doesn't always work due to the fish aggro, and now with jumping mobs if those giants jump up they'll hit the mules in that spot

Edit: looked at it again i was wrong about the spot you had them in, but yeah still have the jumping mob issue and not killing fish isn't exactly ideal but it's viable.

4. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    8:45 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I made an si mule for skeles and bam got hit with the si mage nerf before I've even used it for 2 weeks

My friend who was making a fp and il just got royally screwed over by this

5. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    8:45 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Btw Kimmy, isit possible to change it so that I can assign only 1 mage ulti to the macro?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SweetTreat

SweetTreat Slime

Nov 2, 2019
    On top of that, notice where the characters are on the platform and not getting auto aggroed by the Wooden Fish. Are these going to be implemented too to make the game more "authentic"?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. JosephMis

JosephMis Slime

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    7:45 AM
    That's exactly more of the kind of lazy balances we are expecting :)

8. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Looks like another potential issue is that since the golds jump up the bookcase and stairs, if you get knocked down, you can't even stay below, since your ult won't hit everything

9. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    10:45 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    As they say:

[​IMG]

once the server is back up, i'll figure something out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    Digesting.. but overall pretty interesting and thoughtful changes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:45 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I love a single map change can make ppl says specific class is "dead" or "unplayable". This is not ShaolinLegends.
    How we played ML when there were no mannies, CDs, and shaolins, ulus, petries, ToTs?

Wyverns kekw SwordArtSwordArt

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Where's our extra HP for Pink Bean

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Maybe Santa's upgradable pendant will do something for us on that front.

14. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    2102 Top Floor of Roppongi Mall
    6:45 PM
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    well said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. songcodoc

songcodoc Snail

Oct 31, 2020
    Male
    5:45 PM
    RavX
    Dark Knight, Crusader
    Sparta
    How about making Enrage a crit buff ( slightly better than SE ) and reduce duration to 90 second or maybe less if it's too OP . The w.attack bonus is just so meh . Also we can give Panic and Coma a debuff so it worths casting and a cooldown for panic and coma, instead of assuming hero an one button class . I mean come on , it's a whole combo system right there .

16. cyeoh1120

cyeoh1120 King Slime

Jul 29, 2020
    MapleBoy
    I/L Arch Mage
    GucciGang
    I would like the balanced team to at least think this through. What's the benefit of making an Arch Mage over a Bishop. As of current (prior to this patch), I believe that 5-6F leech is the only place that an Arch Mage can gain more Mesos/Hr as compared to a Bishop. However, with this nerf, what is the point of making an Arch Mage over a Bishop? Below are some Pros and Cons of the two classes.

Pros of a Bishop:
    1. Holy Symbol (you do not need a HS mule)
    2. Heal (you do not need much mesos on pots in early game), ez GS2 grind
    3. Genesis costs 50% less MP than AMs' ultimate
    4. Holy Shield and Resurrection are highly wanted in boss runs (Holy Symbol too)
    5. Skeles drops yield higher Mesos/hr compared to Petrifighters and Shaolin mobs
    6. You do not need to cast spell booster to be faster than AMs' ultimate cast speed
    7. Ability to use Taunt mules at skeles to amplify the EPH (this is no longer doable at 5-6F without Macro and freeze)

Cons of a Bishop:
    1. Dealing ~30% lower DPM than AMs
    2. Efficient skeles leech is very time restricting

Pros of an Arch Mage:
    1. Dealing ~30% higher DPM than Bishops
    2. Nibergen only does weapon cancels, but not many is willing to take AMs
    3. AM can deal average DPM in PB runs, but not many is willing to take AMs

Cons of an Arch Mage:
    1. You use 100% more MP than Bishop's ultimate
    2. You are not wanted in boss runs because you have 0 utility skills and a meme DPM
    3. You need to have a HS mule
    4. You need to control more clients to make lesser mesos/hr compared to 1h skele leech
    5. You need to cast spell booster to get slower cast speed compared to Bishop's ultimate without Spell Booster
    6. You can no longer use Taunt mule at 5-6F without freeze and macro

I am willing to take the nerf if you guys are willing to give Arch Mage an identity by either boosting their DPM on bosses to the point where you are highly wanted in boss raids (i.e.: Bishops because of their utility), nerf Bishop's ability to sell leech (i.e.: increase their cast time), or whatever you can think of to give them an identity.

At the current stage, can you tell me why would you choose to make an Arch Mage over a Bishop when their only "proficiency" was to sell leech? Below are some mesos/hr rates if you sell the leech efficiently:
    1. 5-6F ~ 30m/hr (including gacha and drops)
    2. Skele ~ 30-35m/hr (including gacha and drops)
    3. Petris ~ 25-28m/hr (including gacha and drops)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:45 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Seems you forgot that how AMs 30~40%ish dmg boost compared with bish made their early 4th job life easier......
    (If you don't agree on this, go make a bish and try to 1shot ulu2. that's first hurdle for bishes.)
    Also, if you seriously complain about pot mesos, I have no idea how to turn your mind.

One more. well-funded AMs DPM in bossing is lower than well-funded attackers, but I can say clearly it's not state of "meme".
    If your AM does only meme dmg on bossing, than your gears are meme.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Removing both macro and freeze in the same patch seems like a death coffin for I/L. If the goal was to make leeching less brain dead, the macro nerf was plenty enough. I mean I get why the decision was made to make mobs unfreezable - to accentuate the changes of jumping shaolin mobs and to not give an immediate advantage of IL over FP, but the in the end, these changes just favor FP overall.

I’m all for nerfing shaolin content exp-wise because I don’t think leech should be a more viable form of gaining experience than training, but there needs to be expanded content in conjunction with the nerfs imo if you want to consider it balance (buffed ice-weak end game maps).

I just hope this doesn’t move lower level IL mages back to Skeles, as the shift in pecking order often tends to be felt all the way down after these kinds of big changes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  19. cyeoh1120

cyeoh1120 King Slime

Jul 29, 2020
    MapleBoy
    I/L Arch Mage
    GucciGang
    I did mention it on the "Pros" of AMs and "Cons" of Bishop, please read it again. Also, the QoL at "early game" isn't even that bad when you can stick with 3h skeles since they are holy weak. You are nitpicking the issue.

To your answer regarding to the DPM, I agree, but would you take an AM to join any boss runs other than Nibergen/Timeless? I have a lvl 190 I/L, I even asked if I'm able to join a PB run. Do you know what I got for an answer? "We typically only invite 1 AM per run". Out of 30 spots, only 1 AM is being selected to join a run. If you do not see where my concern is coming from, try making an Arch Mage.

Next!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1