1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New to maple, need advice how to earn mesos and use gachapon.

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Awleh, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    7:04 PM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Hello everyone!

I am completely new to this server, and i havent played maple in many years so my memory is a little rusty, so i thought id ask you guys on the forum for some advice on earning good mesos from scratch

Obviously i have gotten myself a pet with meso magnet and item pouch as first priority with my Vote cash. But what do you guys suggest i do next? Cosmetic items doesnt matter much for me until later. Im planning on getting a shop later on so that i can try some easy merchanting when i have enough mesos to get a good start.

I have been thinking about gachapon, but i have never tried it before and i have no idea which items i can get, what the rates are or if there are something else i should know about it, so some info about that would be very much appriciated.

Right now im level 18 so Im thinking grinding for items / doing quests / KPQ is my best way...

Long story short:

- What/how/when/Should i do gachapon tickets?

- Is there some other NX items i should buy other then pet with meso magnet and item pouch?

- Some other good advices like quests or items i should do/get to earn me some moneys?

Sorry for the long post, but i have a lot of questions! :)

2. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    1:04 PM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    While the cake event lasts, go to each cake you see. (It will be smegaed when cake spawns. Talk to a maple admin in channel 1 to enter, and make sure you at least attack cake 100x +).

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Thanks for the advice! Does this happen daily while its the anniversary?

4. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Also: What is hunting gachapon tickets. And whats the difference between that and Vote gachapon tickets?

5. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    Happens whenever people spawn it, so definitely daily.

Hunting gachapon comes from any monster killed. They tend to have higher returns (meaning you get better items from each hunting gach vs vote), and you can use them right away instead of waiting until level 45 (vote)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Colin

Colin Orange Mushroom

Jun 8, 2016
    Male
    12:04 PM
    Trinative
    Dragon Knight
    Basic
    Starting out with any mage class is always safe because of their profitable grinding and relatively lower need for good equips. If you don't feel like playing a mage, there's always good ol' claw 30s farming at night ghosts.

Also if you get any overall int 10% scrolls from KPQ, you can sell them around 2m(kinda rusty on prices). PQing is always good pocket change to start urself off with.

edit: other than the obvious option of gach

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:04 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    MFW I get asked this question and I'm wondering how as well

• Like Like x 1
  9. Poppy

Poppy Orange Mushroom

Mar 12, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    Poppy
    Priest
    Horny
    Get a pet with the loot equips asap, and pick up EVERYTHING and sell it! I made a decent amount of money from doing that. Enough to buy pots early on and survive and buy new weapons and armor.

10. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    10:04 AM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    This tip is seriously golden for people who just started at the server like me! I will totally give it a try!

I also started farming leathers and buying cheap ones to create white work gloves. Have made some 100k already

• Like Like x 1
  12. GilDesuka

GilDesuka Capt. Latanica

Nov 6, 2016
    Earth
    8:04 PM
    Kotone, JellyFish, Yesterday, ApplePi
    Beginner, Islander, I/L Wizard, Bandit
    ~Pick up everything that drops (It's good to get a pet with meso magnet or item pouch, as mentioned before).
    ~sell whatever you can in fm, and npc the rest; ask someone you know about prices, obviously not the person you're selling to/buying from (I trust the part of this community I know to be honest and fair, but idk everyone and I do know of a few people who would tilt it a bit to be more profitable for them and less for you).
    ~maybe do some of the quicker quests- check online which quests give you more money/exp and are easier
    ~figure out which pots can save you money. For example, grilled cheese recovers 500 HP and 500 MP and gives you +20 def for 30 mins, and it costs less than buying HP pots and MP pots separately to recover the same amount. The down side is you can only get grilled cheese in NLC, but you could also have a mule for that...
    ~I've seen people sell fame and ask for money in fm, which I think is mostly okay (tho I don't support the idea of merching fame systematically). But I do believe the best way to get money is to play the game ^^

I just sell art and get rich tho xD

I will be happy to help if you need anything, so feel free to dm me :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. GilDesuka

GilDesuka Capt. Latanica

Nov 6, 2016
    Earth
    • Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Thanks alot I feel that i have done pretty well so far. Im level 23 now and have about 1.5m cash and maybe item worth 2m in my inventory. Getting a shop tomorrow i think.

I think ill contact you in game, its nice to have good people one can trust and ask I was thinking of buying sauna robes for like 30k and 10% dex scrolls for 800k-1m and test my luck. But i have seen them the +5 dex 9 slot ones sell for only 8mill so it might be a bad idea after all.

Anyone have other ideas that can give a good profit?

• Like Like x 1
  15. GilDesuka

GilDesuka Capt. Latanica

Nov 6, 2016
    Earth
    I wouldn't do that... It's a lot of risk for little profit. Especially if you need money. I think if you're going to sell scrolled items that are not just your used equip, you should first establish a base amount of money so you won't be lacking pots because of it.
    And if you wanna find me ig my IGNs are Kotone, JellyFish, Yesterday and ApplePi :) I forgot to say so in the last post, even though it's in my description.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:04 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The character GilDesuka doesn't exist as an IGN anymore? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  17. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
  18. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure

Thank you I read a guide which recommended this if you had 5m+ and bought 10 scrolls and 10 robes. But i can see that they are selling quite cheap in this server so the profit isnt really that big after all. If the robe was sold for 15m or something it would be awesome though

19. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    I do, once every 24 hours. Barely covers protection

• Like Like x 1
  20. GilDesuka

GilDesuka Capt. Latanica

Nov 6, 2016
    Earth
    No, I've deleted it like a week after I created it because I messed up it's skills xP