1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A new Free Market - An era of organized shops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Jun 13, 2017.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:59 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Hi Maple-legends!
    upload_2017-6-13_10-15-23.jpeg upload_2017-6-13_10-15-25.jpeg

I want to talk today about a problem with the current Free Market system, and I want an opinion on a solution that I'll be presenting.

Whenever I go look for something in the free market, I usually have a few items on my bucket list. For example, I may want to purchase a few scrolls, some ores, and some summoning rocks.

However, the vast majority of the FM is disorganized which makes searching through it a pain. People randomly place their items in a shop which makes searching through all of them a chore.

Of course, we have the owl of minerva which alleviates this somewhat. However, I personally would rather save my daily nx for AP resets, Gachapon Tickets, or some NX equips. I'm not entirely sure how the community feels about this overall, so I thought I'd ask about it.

How do you currently feel about the organizational structure of the free market? Do you think that owls of Minerva are a sufficient solution that makes the disorganization a non-issue, or is the organization still a major issue?

This brings me to my potential solution.

A specific Free market channel where all the goods are organized and the shops are clearly labeled.

Would you at all be interested in shopping at an unorthodox FM in an unorthodox channel,
    (For example, lets say CC6, FM9) if

The shops were clearly labeled for contents (example a shop containing all ores in the game would be labeled "All Ores", a shop containing all 10% scrolls would be labeled as such and so on)

The shop contents were pure & organized (you will only find ores in a shop labeled "ores" and only 10% scrolls in a shop labeled 10% scrolls)

The items were sold @ the higher end of the market price (If claw attacks sell for 700-900k, the item would be listed for 900k)

Essentially, this would allow you to simply read the headline of each shop in order to find exactly what you need, rather than tediously click through each and every shop.

Would you be interested in shopping at an FM designed as such? Why or why not?

Attached Files:

2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    6:59 PM
    Compared to gms where all chs had stores (20).
    Legends fm is nothing, its literally all the shops in ch 1 then fm1-6 in ch 2.

And if you're looking for anything in particular forums or discord freemarket is a good option.

3. Alva7

Alva7 Mushmom

May 31, 2017
    Deifel
    Crossbowman
    Inmortales
    Discord Free Market? Sorry about this question, but, do you have the link?

4. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    12:59 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I've seen up to FM7 ch2 filled near completly. Also, currently, I'd say that the store count here is equivalent to the store count in GMS because players can set up multiple shops. In scania (where I was playing recently) ch1 wasn't even completely filled, and ch2 was nearly non existant.

But I guess what I'm saying is that it may be nothing now, but it doesn't have to be that way forever.

6. Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    8:59 AM
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    The idea works well in theory and would make things a lot easier if it could happen, but in practice the majority of people put up anything and everything that they want to sell. Would this suggestion mean that players who have 2 equips, 5 scrolls + rocks/ores for sale they would only be able to sell one category at a time? And then theres the problem of how it would be regulated, only a handful of people would actually follow this system while 99% of the population (not to mention new players) would sell whatever they wanted.

I think the idea of the free market is to give a platform for people to sell what they want without having to sit for hours in fm listing their items along with @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@. This isnt so much a "Major Issue" like youve said but rather just something for convenience. The main takeaway from this is that yes it is tedious, but if you cant be bothered scanning every single store in fm to find what you want then thats your own problem.

7. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I fully understand that most maplers would not follow this standard. However, If I were to control 3-4 door spots in a certain FM, I could enforce this standard and essentially label my shops to make it easier for the people who want to purchase goods. I guess my question is more so based on whether people think they would find this useful, or whether they would be indifferent to it.

8. Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    Can you explain this a bit further? Do u mean that you will have 3-4 stores on 3-4 different characters each selling a different category?
    If thats what you mean then i understand your intent but no single player can make that big of a difference. Do you have that many items to sell of each category at all times? How can you be sure you even have what people are looking for? And sure you can control 4 yourself and if you can be bothered setting the store up 4 times a day then good job but i doubt other people would do this, or even afford the nx to fund this idea.

Just because you as in individual is adopting this, people arent going to stop scanning every fm store, so its still going to be tedious unless every single player does this.

An idea might be that you could start an informal system where people could do this in ch 6 fm1 to sell/buy specific categories (just how theres a tendency to find all the ores you want in fm1-6 ch 2)

9. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yes. Basically I would have 3 characters with 3 stores, each selling a different category, like ores & scrolls. I suppose the "informal tradition" is kind of what I am looking to start.

10. Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    Then its definitely doable, however this would take months and would require a lot people to take part as well as smegas to get the word out.
    An idea is that because traffic in ch2 is low so maybe slowly integrate it into ch2

11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:59 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yes, there's owls, but they aren't that great if you have a lot of buying/selling to do. If you're looking for something pretty uncommon, they'll always be wasted when someone is constantly selling that item for way too much. And they can only warp you to a shop once, which means if you want more than what's in that shop, you have to find it yourself based on minimal info or use another owl. So it's not that convenient.

At their current price, they aren't worth it.

12. Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    I saw on a video for royals where you could see which fm and which channel each item was from, so even when u warp to one, you can list down the other fms for the other items

13. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    12:59 AM
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    You can do this if youre in a different channel than where the item is sold and hover over the "can't go".
    Owls are really a lot more useful than people think, and that for 500nx Kreygasm

14. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    Would be cool to hover mouse over a shop and have a list of it's contents out