1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

People with Decent int gear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Jun 16, 2017.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:32 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Preface
    I want to make an HP washed Nightlord (lily suggested that I instead scroll HP equips, but I bombed the clean Yellow Raggedy Cape that ApplePie gave me </3).

In order to do so, I need int equips. However, selling all the equips after I'm done is going to be a pain (since I'll have no other use for em), and obtaining them is proving painful as well. That's why I want to rent them.

What I need
    I need to talk to people with good int gear and see if they are willing to lend it (with sufficient collateral, of course!). Basically, I want to work out a deal involving the following:

Collateral Required for Int Gear:
    Fee for renting:
    Time limit on renting:

We would write up a quick agreement & take a screenshot in a maple chat (for evidence purpose if anything goes sour).

This way, the administrators can take legitimate action if any problems arise, (since the whole thing is documented).

Anyways
    If anyone is open to talking more about this deal, feel free to PM me. I'd also love to use this opportunity to meet more people on maplelegends because I'm new here!

Thanks,

Akash Sky

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  2. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    1:32 PM
    Defender
    Just add base INT like the rest of people?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta

Don't get me wrong though, I am planning on adding base int, I would just also like to have some of it come from Int equips so that I can at least somewhat use the character through a few levels and save some time from voting for legendscash.

The other thing to note is that base int, while cheap, is time expensive. Every int you have takes about 0.75 days worth of voting to remove. If you had some meso, and wanted to save time, why not use it to rent some int gear to save time?

4. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    1:32 PM
    Defender
    You are jumping ahead of time. HP washing with gear or base int, will take you at least half a year anyway. I don't know what your goal HP is but I recommend 5.6 for a nightlord. Just because if you want 7.6 or higher it will take the fun out of your gameplay. Voting literally takes half a year...

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Perhaps, but do hear me out.

I simply want to have the "option" to HP wash on my nightlord. I do not plan on actually doing the washes at this time, I just want to get the extra MP required to do so. This involves me adding base int, leveling with INT gear, reaching my target MP threshold, and then resetting my excess base int back into luk, and returning the rented int gear.

This way I get the actual HP as I reach bossing level for HT.

Surely, this process would take less than half a year (obtaining extra MP), as I am not actually doing the washing, thus cutting the time required for voting significantly.

Regardless, this is in fact how I wish to live my life, no matter how stupid or trivial it seems.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:32 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    imo renting out and lending gear is always a potential source of drama. Say you just randomly quit and never come back, so you never return the gear. The GMs will not return our items.

No amount of collateral will fix this. If you did have enough, just sell it, then buy or scroll your own int gear.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I personally disagree with your statement "no amount of collateral will fix this", but I do agree how its always a potential source of drama (as is any relationship, difference of ideals, etc.) Regardless, its simply the cheapest option in my case. If there ends up being no interest in doing this, I will take your advice and buy / scroll my own.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:32 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The whole point of "collateral" is to provide something of equal, beneficial value should the original bargain fall through. So what I'm saying is if you had something of equal value, you might as well just exchange it somehow. If your collateral isn't nearly worth the int gear, well, good luck. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I plan on putting up equal or more collateral for the int gear (obviously no one would do the trade if this wasn't the case) The whole reason I want to rent the int gear rather than purchase is liquidity. Items like 10 att work gloves, white scroll, and onxy apples are much more liquid than well scrolled int gear (easier to convert to cash).

If the item is too expensive, I simply won't ask to rent it. I'm only planning to rent items for which I have sufficient collateral to back.

10. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    8:32 AM
    What are you even aiming for in terms of hp.

I should really make an extensive guide on this ...

11. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I have not yet decided exactly , but I think I want at least 7.6k (survive ht without HB).

Also I would whole heartedly support an extensive guide on this! Can I pm you about some specific questions?

12. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    To give you a little picture of what is to come ...

I'm currently 162, NightLord I can probably wash up to 7.4k right now.
    However I still need another 3-4 months to reach my goal of 8k and wash out my int.

I've been playing for 9 months, and came back 1 month ago. That's a full year of washing just to be able to "survive HT" without HB.
    You have to consider, you only need HB for Tail/Legs of HT, there will be a lot of people going.
    Tail/Legs probably last close to 5-20 minutes of the whole 2-4 hours that HT requires currently.

Spending a whole year being considerably weak, to be able to not need HB for HT.
    This will make your maple life miserable, you won't do the things you want to etc.
    That's why I literally dont recommend it.
    This isn't a server where you can just buy and farm AP resets and get 30k hp/mp.

• Like Like x 1
  13. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    ye lots of people have aspirations to wash and get x amount of hp, but if you get demotivated to play then there's no point.
    going for the basic 5.6k hp (or even 4.8k hp) is good enough

14. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I look forward to reading the whole thing!

15. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    In the end he's going to do what he wants to do.

It's not like it can't be done, it's just how badly does he want things to go exactly his way.

I was thinking of HP washing a warrior soon.

16. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    7:32 AM
    GosuDesu
    Buccaneer
    TreeHouse
    Good luck finding really nice people who are comfortable with sharing! My int stuff is neither that great nor do I feel sufficiently comfortable renting 1) I don't know you well enough 2) what do you plan on doing in the event the item cannot be returned because you accidentally NPC'd it?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  17. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    GosuDesu
    Buccaneer
    TreeHouse
    Do you not have guild mates to help your or close friends?

18. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If I accidentally npc an item...

I'm getting leech so I don't plan on clicking on an npc while using the gear making this literally impossible.

The collateral removes risk of losing value if the exchange goes sour. If you don't feel comfortable with the transaction dont go forward with it. It's just much more efficient for me to get int gear this way rather than buy or make my own.

As for freinds , I'm relatively new to this server so I'm looking to get things done via mesos rather than trust, since I need more time to build strong relationships. Money / mesos on the other hand, speak every language.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  19. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    GosuDesu
    Buccaneer
    TreeHouse
    I guess. When I first started, I was so distrustful of everybody like paying 50/50 for helmets, paying half half for leech, whispering and confirming identities of a lot of individuals before purchasing. Tl;Dr maplestory gms was a life of suspicion and distrust for me. It made the gameplay so unenjoyable until legends happened :)))

20. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I completely understand, it's hard to trust after being burned - I've been scammed on gms myself quite a few times.

However what kept me going regardless was the fact that playing it safe forces you to lose out on too much opportunity - like never getting a zhelm until you are 120.