1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making kpq 21-35

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by crazykat, Jun 30, 2017.

1. crazykat

crazykat Blue Snail

Mar 16, 2017
    7:01 PM
    I am not sure if this has been suggested before but i think that increasing the level limit for people who just want to pq from 21-30 to 21-35 is a great idea. Its not really going to change much of anything. Instead it will help newer player grind out their level. From what i have noticed so far, its really hard to make mesos without someone helping you fund your account. You either get lucky with your drop or you get stuck living off of red potions and blue potions till you get something. Its especially hard to travel around to do quests when you dont even have mesos to buy potions.

This change will not effect anyone, everyone can enjoy their farming or questing . This will just help people who just want to do pq in the earlier level till they have enough capital to farm for mesos or equipment. This will also help bring more people into doing pq's which is honestly the only thing i miss from old school Maplestory.

This was one of the main reason i came to this server. I came here to have fun with groups of strangers and not be restricted into grinding quests or monsters. I know you can do quests/grind with other people.. but most places its just solo grinding which i dont find fun at all.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  2. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    This makes very little sense to me - if it won't change much at all, why make it to begin with, when we don't need to make the changes. You state that grinding out levels without mesos is hard; and that's possibly true, which is indeed reminiscent of older Maple, but it's not unmanageable. A lot of players started from the ground up without any mesos given to them or items provided, myself included.

A lot of games in general are based on RNG - this one is no different. You're right that it's not "fair," but that's what this game sort of operates on. If you don't get a WS while the person next to gets one from gach, is that going to be unfair too? Yes - but you'd have to live with it; so why complain about the drop system on a 2x/1x/1x/3x Quest server when you know full well that going into this it will not be be as easy or kind to new players? It's not an ideal solution, but you can spend money more wisely and you can try to train at places that give you profit or do quests that can help you get items in general.

"This change will not effect anyone" is completely false; if this is, indeed, a change for lower levels, it makes new players have a little easier of a time - not to say this change wouldn't be positive or beneficial, but your statement is completely wrong. The reason being is that this might not be an optimal route to leveling, but it is beneficial in that it can give you decent rewards. As for PQs, you may or may not have realized that a LOT of people do PQs on this sever; we have people KPQing already, LPQ seems fairly popular, and LMPQ seems to be in abundance. OPQ and PPQ are often unfavorable, yes, and that's part of the vanilla flaws. I wouldn't know what to say about those, except for the fact that people still do them (I think), and since LMPQ overlaps for a portion the same level ranges, I don't find too many complaints. Old Maplestory also definitely had level restrictions implemented so I don't see how changing the level range, particularly over KPQ, would make it any more like old MS.

As for the issue with solo grinding? What would you do for the rest of your levels; the majority of the upper levels are going to be either leech or "party" with a mage or even bossing, which can only be done a limited amount of times a day. 30-35 is a measly 5 levels at the lower end of the spectrum, and honestly, if you KPQ to 31 then it's just 31-35 which can easily be made up by quests. If you have that much issue with 31-35 you might as well argue for LMPQ to be until 75 just so that people can hit leech level, which, I would never promote.

If you don't think you should be grinding quests or monsters, I'm personally not sure if this is the game or patch for you. You can make this game not about solo grinding by forming a decent buddy list and training with people that keep pace with you or joining a large guild & alliance which allows you the same benefit.

3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:01 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    KPQ as of right now is extremely crowded. It's really hard to find a channel, and increasing the number of players who can & want to KPQ is only going to make this problem worse.

The other thing is that introducing level 35 chars will make it a bit more difficult for lv 21 chars to get a party (unless they feel like leading). When I go recruiting for kpq, I already IGNORE players that are under level 25 unless they look like a funded dexless sin. The reason I do so is that having low level chars in your party add significant amounts of time to the PQ (as they usually can't carry themselves in the alligator stage).

With these things in mind, I actually support this change if more channels are added to the server. It'll make it so that the lv 21 players who feel like becoming a leader can clear PQs fast with the help of the higher leveled players.

4. OP
    OP
    crazykat

crazykat Blue Snail

Mar 16, 2017
    "A lot of players started from the ground up without any mesos given to them or items provided, myself included." You mean to say that there should be no changes to make things easier for newer player since you yourself suffered? This is a suggestion box to make things easier for people or to improve things that are already implemented in the game. I am only making a suggestion. Also making kpq go from 21-35 will give people an insensitive and a place to stay together and farm, i dont know about you but finding new friends is really hard when everyone is spread out. At the end of the day this will increase the amount of players that will play the game by making them not give up early game, early game in this game is way too hard for any normal person to play. You are given nothing, you start with 0 money. I am not sure if you remember your early game.. but it is very tough.

Also you said why i was complaining, but i wasn't complaining, i was just making a suggestion from what i have seen so far in the game. This is a private server for a reason. If you really wanted it to be like old school you could just move to a server with 1x/1x/1x rates. Also i see you mentioning about LPQ being popular. If it was popular, i wouldnt see people shouting in all chat about looking for players to join their party all the time .. and looking at LPQ i can already imagine how hard it would be to get a party for LMPQ, OPQ, and PPQ. To add to this point people usually give up early game because they dont know what to do, what quests to do, or because they dont have the money to move around or buy pots. So why not give them a place to stay and farm together, and when they finally start to get used to the game they can do what ever they want to do. If something as simple as raising the pq level by 5 is this much of an issue then idk what to say about the game.

Also you said promoting LMPQ to 75? but why would you do that.. i am just suggesting KPQ for pure 1st time players. By the time you are lv 70 you should have alot more knowledge/capital to think about what to do after.

5. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Why should it be made easier for new players? People who joined the server when it opened and made it to 200 did so without any benefits, including items in the FM. If they can do it, why can't you? There's no reason to increase the level cap of KPQ outside of making it easier for both people over level 30 and even lower levels (level 35s will solo the slime king and do speed runs). The server is GMS-like for a reason, because that's what people enjoy. You may say that it's just one modification, but once a big modification like this (yes, it's pretty major in the grand scheme of lower-level playing), then others will chime in and demand other game-changing modifications be made. There are plenty of other servers that offer easier methods of leveling at low levels, why not play those? Because you wanted a GMS-like experience right? Well, you got it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Level 30 players are already strong enough as it is in KPQ; last thing I wanted to see is level 35s who are just going to tear through crocodiles in two hits while the rest of the party just sits around waiting for tickets.
    It's already 2x EXP, I really don't think it needs to be tweaked more than it is. It's still one (if not) the best way to get to 30.

If you like KPQ that much, you could always make a KPQ mule; it really doesn't take too long :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    1:01 AM
    Nier/EviHs
    mhm for someone like me when i hit 31 and screwed up my slime shoes by bugging at the last pq i needed....
    i would have loved to be there for level 35, but there are a lot of other possible solution beside sticking to kpq.

from expierience i can say does aligators are no friends for anyone that is unable to make meso for potion.
    they hit hard and have a lot of hp so you gonna spent a lot of mana potions
    so unless you leech from other players, you wont make much meso there...
    (if you lucky with the reward and get a few 10 int oa scrolls but thats unreliable...)

its better to grind at lower level map they die easier and dont hit you nearly as hard as does crocos.
    you can also do some quest with meso rewards like mano shell questline.
    and if 31-35 is so hard i can only recomment ariant questline its good to get you to lpq level and
    also prepares you for another good boss quest on a higher level with good exp reward :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    +1 on the Ariana quest line. Got me from 31-35 in a matter of hours.

9. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Not sure if all your jumps in logic make sense, but hey, not everyone can be smart, I get that. See, that was a stab at you. The rest of my original post really was more or less actually complaining about your complaining because there's not an overall point to your change, other than making the lives easier but not necessarily better for new players.

Everyone thinks that someone is out to get them just because they want an easier life. I'm not suggesting that the game shouldn't be made easier, but the game can definitely be improved beyond a fix like this; also, the reasoning you suggest for it makes very little sense when there are alternatives for doing 31-35; you literally state that for you, you dislike solo grind and questing; I'm not saying everyone will, but that is quite literally a key element of this game - what are you gonna do when no one else you know is online or free to help you?

Also, the point I make about it being low level and not that difficult is key to the argument because I can see where people might struggle say, early third job, in terms of levels and damage, but you're talking about early game mesos and exp struggle? Neither of those exist long term if you're dedicated - I know because I played without help. I'm not against changes I think are actually beneficial and help the game overall, but just making the early game easier rather than better is not a good fix. If you'll note, Kim herself made a long post about the kinds of fixes she thinks about: convenient versus improvement. I, not speaking for her, personally believe this is the former.

So what, you're going to have to spend some time doing quests or going to lower-level places, banking on drops; this is, quite literally, the actual Maple experience.

??? You think the way you talk doesn't make you sound like you're complaining? I think that's a bit of a stretch. And yes, this is a private server for a reason: vanilla preBB is pretty hard to find, and this is definitely not exactly a vanilla GMS server, but we've been trying to abide by a stricter regiment. We try to keep this server closer to difficulty and we have 2x and 3x because if we didn't, we'd just leave 2x in the CS and have people buy those, which, while would be an optional thing, for anyone who didn't buy it, they'd be boned. Kim and staff decided to incorporate this non-GMS perma 2x and that's a feature that affects everyone equally and stays relevant; your 21-35 proposal doesn't provide any long term benefits nor does it actually outright improve the game experience.

If KPQ was that good, then why is there RNG involved with the ticket allotment or the prize pool? Yes, you can swap around PL to make stage one easier but still, if you're doing KPQ for funding, RNG can get you pretty easily - at that point, you might as well grind and quest.

Your jumps in logic astound me; you think LPQ isn't popular because people have to recruit? What would that say about KPQ or LMPQ? That's like saying if you have to write S> Apples that Onyx Apples are clearly not a popular item because you have to advertise your store or prices. Ridiculous. Maybe LPQ is not popular anymore, which could be true; maybe LPQ is not full when you log on - given that our player base has expanded, so many people live in different timezones and not everyone is level 35-50 - or you might consider that a new wave of players have passed the LPQ mark and have gone on to do other things. Or maybe there are off days. You also fail to consider that there might be full parties running and new people are forming parties to do different runs.

If people give up at this early in the game, it means they weren't very committed or willing to keep playing; yes, that's a problem, but you can ask around for better alternatives to playing the game like asking what quests and mobs are good for items or exp, what maps are good for lazy training (not botting, but a map where you won't die easily if you decide to afk). If you honestly think you need much money to buy pots, I don't know what you're on. I remember that it was a bit of a struggle, but nothing that could not be overcome. The first character I personally made here was not a cleric or any OP class; I made a really high dex page during the first week of the server's release in 2015 where no one really had mesos and I camped the shit out of boars for my first 1m. It's not the greatest way to go about it, but I thought about what I needed and how I could get it.

When I came back last year, I had no money or items and I just did quests and killed mobs to get cash, and I did start on a fresh character on a new account. So, basically starting with a clean slate twice, I know that the early game experience isn't the greatest; but I also know it's not an insurmountable task. (If you really think that I'm joking, I'll tell you that I only quested on this character when I could but also stayed at boars for levels 20-42; I'm not trying to stress "go to boars," but go to a place that you think can give you profit).

Again, I have nothing against the concept of change for improvement, but I'd like to repeat that change for convenience is rather pointless because it only servers to spoil us as players - it lets us get used to having too much; once "the going gets tough," then people will question whether or not they want to continue. In all seriousness, if people want to quit at lower levels, they really don't care for playing MapleLegends, they care for having an easier time.

If you think "something as simple as raising the pq level by 5 is this much of an issue then idk what to say about the game" is going to make big waves, I'm not so sure about your attitude towards this community. Changes are considered by the staff and talked about until they are sure they want it. Even the "simple" ones. That's like asking people to raise minimum wages in the U.S.; "simple" in concept and quite literally doable so why can't it just be done? It's almost as if you try to not see any other picture than your own.

By extension of the way you think and the kind of thinking you are projecting, it sounds as if you just honestly don't want to play Legends; if you want to fight so hard against these "simple 5 levels" then go ahead - but if that's all, then why are you complaining. You say you're making suggestions, not complaints, but if this is all that inconsequential and others, new players and old alike, are going through (or have gone through) this "struggle" and offering alternatives or merely their input and say that it's not overall a big deal then idk what to say about you.

The point I make about LMPQ or any later levels being made easier is because of the way you treat your argument: poorly. Also, on that topic itself, 70-80 is usually boring because you want a good third job skill but you gotta go through ten levels for the first one to be useful and the wait is boring and worse; you have a way worse time grinding from 71-75 than you do 31-35 but you see far fewer people complaining about that.

You make it sound like this change is worth it - but is it really? You think that this will actually be that much more beneficial for new players but you don't explain where that's actually proven. You're right that by later points in the game you should be more knowledgeable and able to get resources; that is true, but it's not as if you can't start making progress on your own at a lower level. You can join a guild, make a BL (as I've recommended) and sit in the FM to ask people questions or even smega for help or advice. People will answer.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. WonderKing

WonderKing Mano

Apr 14, 2015
    Cleric
    I'm curious, but have you ever played high rate servers or GMS in the last 8-9 years? When I played a different mmorpg on a high rate server and switched back to low rate it really ruined my patience. For Maple, I only really know the 1x days of 2005/2006, so 2x feels pretty quick to me. Like having a permanent 2x exp card. :D

11. techniq

techniq Red Snail

Jun 22, 2017
    7:01 AM
    TechniQ
    Warrior
    Why not introduce in monster carnival? Or is MC just a Maplesea feature?

12. WonderKing

WonderKing Mano

Apr 14, 2015
    Cleric
    I heard good things about Monster Carnival but I also heard that it killed LPQ. I wonder when MC was added cause it wasn't in GMS when I played.

13. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
  14. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    I can't remember what version it was added either. Does anybody know if it was actually in v62? It really did just make LPQ irrelevant, which sucked.

15. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    GMs have mentioned in the past that they do not want to include CPQ.

16. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    1:01 AM
    Nier/EviHs
    they dislike the trade win factor of that pq for easy levels.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Trade wins alone break a fair system, but also people could quite literally set up a leech system for 30-50; at that point, honestly, people will be making Lv 50 mules just to leech themselves, which would seem a little more than unfair - it would clog "good" CPQ rooms, and given our limited (but growing) number of channels, the problem would escalate. More than that, having CPQ exist brings in the famous "Spiegelmann Necklace" which "pro" players would have to get in order to wash and the item would be recommended for everyone so people would feel forced into getting them.

Not only that, I personally think CPQ soon-feeds people too much; 30-50 is a huge level range and right after that you're at perfect level to LMPQ or head off to FoG or GS after a ridiculously easy time where you haven't really spent money on pots? Plus, keep in mind that Legends is 2x EXP and 3x Quest; I forget which category a PQ would fall under, but if CPQ was already overpowered in vanilla, having any multiplier on it would force it to be, practically, the only option.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Yeah, MCPQ is way overpowered and honestly not fun because of trade wins. LPQ is much more fun and engaging, and nostalgic.

• Like Like x 1
  19. techniq

techniq Red Snail

Jun 22, 2017
    7:01 AM
    TechniQ
    Warrior
    I totally forgot how MCPQ was like.. Only remembered Rhombots & easy exp, and thats about all..

20. MillaBasset

MillaBasset Red Snail

May 28, 2017
    Female
    Sydney, Australia
    9:01 AM
    MillaBasset
    Priest
    None
    I disagree, you can always do ariant questline and it'll get you to 30-35 really quickly and it doesn't take long. As above mentioned, KPQ would be way too easy if people with second job skills would more likely rush through the PQ. It would more likely cause problems if they end up leaving out the lower levels because they would "slow" down the higher levels (31-35) which is something I don't want to see happen. I'd say leave it at 21-30. Getting to level 35 to LPQ isn't so hard imo.