1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Gach Tickets: A new way to obtain AP Resets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Piety, Jul 14, 2017.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:35 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Regardless of your opinion on the washing process, its something that is here to stay - and will most likely not be changed. The other thing to note is that this suggestion involves hunting gachapon to have a choice - to be used for AP resets OR actual gachapon. The point of hunting gacha is to get stuff you need, be it scrolls from gacha or an AP reset to increase your characters HP.

This suggestion is good for two reasons

1. it allows people to get AP resets faster to make their characters have more HP AT THE COST of losing gachapon tickets, that could have otherwise potentially gotten them a good scroll (maybe even a white scroll - as I've gotten one from hunting gachapon before).

2. it helps keep the economy a bit more stable because less gachapon scrolls get introduced into it. Basically, the it would help stabilize the scroll market because some people would choose to use hunting tickets for AP resets, thus preventing those hunting tickets from becoming scrolls and flooding the market.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    8:35 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    If new players won't get it any easier as result from this huge possible change, not that I care, then new players shouldn't have it harder either. I don't think many of those thousands of new players would appreciate having to work harder for something that so many OG's have.

3. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    Lol gacha gives u a completely random thing. Being able to select exactly what you want goes against the original idea of what a gacha is. Gacha is a machine that randomly gives u a prize. In what way is purposefully selecting something keeping true to the idea of a random gift essentially ? Don't get me wrong I like that people are brainstorming ideas, but they arent seeing things clearly if theyre trying to warp something that randomy generates gifts to mold that into something that gives you exactly what you want.

Why not just make hunting gacha give u the option to select whatever scroll you want too while we're here ? lololol.

If washing is here to stay and if people choose to exploit loopholes then why does it make sense to make it easier ? Doesn't make sense to me. I rather make people pay even more if they aren't going to play legit. If people are going to wait2win may as well make em wait longer. Honestly better time spent grinding and getting lvls legitly if u wanna boss - the true way to earn something imo.

The 2nd part about the economy being stable doesn't really make sense. More players = more scrolls = more people needing to buy and use scrolls for whatever purpose they want. There is a balance to that. Don't see how defeating the original idea of gachapon and taking away from it by encouraging exploits makes any difference to the economy. You get people who hoard potential scrolls to sell to the masses ( less supply ) in order to exploit rather than just farm and get lvls so that they could boss legitly. Hows that healthy economy ?

The superior suggestion is to buff HP scrolls so that people can actually use luck to get what they want vs wait2win or now hoard2win.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    p.s all yall can downvote me n disagree with my opinion all ya want. its cuz you're all hp (brain)washed so it makes sense that if someone threatens your understanding you'll be against it.

I've never washed not because I don't know how but because it's stupid. I rather just be honest and deserve to win against a boss rather than exploit. If i can get the luck of the gods and scroll some godly shit, maybe then i deserve to boss at an early level, but essentially cheating to get there is kind of lame.

I can see why people love it, it makes the game easier, but easier doesn't necessarily mean better, especially when people are trying to turn a gachapon ( used for random prizes ) to pick exactly what they want. Thats when shit gets way too easy imo and people really lose sight.

We're already fortunate enough as it is to have free 5k nx. We're not on an 8x meso server or anything silly. Turning gacha into something where you select a prize is comparable to ruining the quality of the server akin to giving us stupid exp or drop rates or something.

The harder the game is, the more rewarded you feel and honestly 5k free NX is like the easiest shit we should be handed. Ofcourse 2x makes it realistic to actually strive.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. StGermain

StGermain Slime

Mar 16, 2016
    It was suggested that both hunting resets and buffed scrolls be added.
    But in the link, even the original scroll buff suggestion provider acknowledges that people who wear hp scrolled gear may have a hard time finding bossing parties.
    Washers will likely resent the weaker hp gearers.
    So if you're an hp gearer, you'd probably have to find a bunch of other hp gearers to party with to take down bosses in a hella long time since you're all sacrificing damage.
    Whether thats worth it for you, is up to you. You can give people the gear, but you can't make others want to play with them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    You're completely missing the mark of what this suggestion is trying to achieve if you think ''this makes people pick what they want out of the Gachapon which is supposed to be random''
    I would rather not this suggestion thread turn into a ''HP washing is exploiting/cheating'' one. This has been discussed plenty before, and it's already been made pretty clear that this is something that was part of v62 and that is here to stay; what we can do is find ways to improve on it.

In the end, you are free to play the game however you want; if you decide not to HP wash because you dislike it/hate it/think it's stupid or whatever, then there are plenty of other options/things you can do in the game. This suggestion caters to both crowds; if you do not care about washing, then you get to trade the tickets for a Hunting and this changes absolutely nothing for you. If you want to eventually wash a character, you get some extra AP resets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think you don't understand what I'm saying. Can you tell me what part of my post led you to believe that I want "gacha to give you whatever scroll you want?". I feel like you just pulled that out of nowhere.

Essentially, if you play the game right now, you occasionally get hunting tickets. Hunting tickets + legends vote cash (which most people use on gachapon) leads to a lot of scrolls in the economy. Of course, its good to have lots of cheap scrolls, but there is also a point where having too many is bad for the game. Over the past few months, scroll prices have fallen significantly.

Essentially, the main reason I'd like to make it a bit harder to get scrolls is so that prices stabilize from their current downward trend. That is why this suggestion is so good - it allows for a SMALL boost to AP resets while helping stabilize the economy by taking A FEW scrolls (random ones that you would have gotten from gacha) out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DivineAngel

DivineAngel King Slime

May 30, 2017
    Male
    3:35 AM
    DivineAngel
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    I like the idea, great job, just needs some tweaking and it's perfect, much much better than price reduction or daily quests.

9. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    2:35 AM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Not a bad idea, but how rare would these be? I got from lvl43-81 ~7 hunting gach Ticks, if this isnt me being unlucky then the gold gach Ticks should be so rare that they are pretty much useless and would almost have no effect on the character you are Washing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    These wouldn't make washing MUCH easier. You'd be getting one golden ticket/AP Reset every now and then, and maybe end up with a fraction of the resets you need when you reach whatever high level you were aiming for by the time you wash it all away. 7 Hunting tickets from 43-81 assuming you trained that fully seems incredibly unlucky though. I did 30-35 at Teddies not too long ago and ended up with 4 tickets. RNG is gonna RNG.
    This is meant as a small boost that offers rewards to those that are actively playing/training/putting effort in their character, not to make for the bulk of the resets one gets.

11. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    I've yet to find a single hunting gach ticket, and I'm level 47. Most of those levels came from KPQ and LPQ, but 1-21 and 31-35 was grinding, and some at chronos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    That's some rough luck. If you're planning on washing, though, level 47 is still very, very early in your grinding days before you get to was hit away anyway. I'm sure your luck will turn around soon.
    (I don't think the drop rate of Hunting Gach should be touched/increased at all, enough items get gached as it is. If anything, a reduction through this seems beneficial to the current economy.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    lol thats cuz i did pull it out of no where. It's called a joke - re read it to understand how my words were intended to be insulting.

if you need me to explain, it is rediculous to have a gachapon ticket that u exchange for something exact - hence why I said you may as well just make all of gachapon exact and select whatever you want from it. It's a build up of the sillyness.

Who cares if scrolling prices have fallen. Thats good. People spend millions to scroll their equips and end up selling the equips for less than what it cost them to scroll it. If you want a more balanced economy then you want cheaper scrolls.

Doesn't really matter if you think taking away people's usage of gacha for scrolls and funneling that towards AP reset is going to be better for the economy, that's dumb. The point of gachapon is to give you a random prize, it therefor is not logical to have a gachapon which gives you the option to pick which you want.

Please re read if you have any difficulty comprehending I can help simplify if you need

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  14. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    You wouldn't be using the gachapon for AP Resets in the way that you're thinking. The "golden gacha" ticket could literally be any other item, from a Maple Leaf to a Mushroom Cap, that is exchanged for the AP Reset. Your point doesn't make any sense because AP Resets aren't normally rewarded through gacha, so it's not really "picking something exact using a gacha ticket."

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    I just exhaled in disappointment, and my palm nearly lifted to my forehead

Let me get this straight.

You get a golden gachapon ticket. You take it to a gachapon. You click "Exchange golden gachapon ticket" it prompts you with the option for a random gacha or an ap reset.

Is this correct or no ?

Because if so then yes, you would directly be selecting an AP reset which goes against the idea of what gachapon is. Gachapon is a random gamble.

Maybe add AP reset at a very low % (untradeable) to the list of gachapon, but not so that people can select but have it rewarded to them randomly in exchange for a ticket. Then yes there is more balance to that and I find this option more balanced.

Being able to select an AP reset in exchange for a ticket is just dumb. And trying to argue that less people using hunting gacha and selling their scrolls, that in some way people using gachapon tickets for AP resets instead of GACHAPON is better for the economy is just the dumb.

16. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Yes, that's correct, but you're still looking at it wrong. AP Resets aren't normally obtainable in Gachapon. Therefore, you're not selecting an item out of Gachapon; it's merely a place to trade a certain item for a cash shop item. The golden ticket was used as an example because there's already a similar concept with the hunting tickets. You WOULD be selecting an AP Reset directly, but it would have no impact on gachapon or economy, since they cannot be traded. It's not like the idea is trading a ticket for a White Scroll or something.

Say the ticket was a different kind of ticket, like a yellow LPQ pass. That could be dropped with the same rarity as a "golden ticket" and then traded into the Cody NPC for an AP Reset or a Gachapon ticket. See how there's no Gachapon selecting or manipulation going on...?

• Like Like x 2
  17. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    The only reason washing is still an available option is because Legends would lose a large player base since washing is a popular exploit. Pretty sure if you've kept up u know Kim doesn't think too highly of washing.

I say if you're going to wash, which is to give you an early level advantage, I say it should be balanced by taking a long time to achieve it, equal to the amount of time it would take you to level up to the point where naturally you would have enough HP - this would be balance.

AP resets don't need to be obtained any easier. Use your NX on it if you're going to wash, but why make the game even easier ?

We have 2x exp, 3x quest exp and free 5k NX. Game easy enough as is.

To propose that you go to gachapon in order to select AP resets takes away what it means to even use gachapon. Gachapon is about random prize generation, not somewhere you go to select your AP reset prize.

AP and SP resets were intended to correct mistakes, not to exploit loopholes. There is no reason that this cash shop item should be found droppable in any way. If you're going to wash, save up your daily 5k NX and make it happen.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Alright, I don't know how to explain it any more clear. Thanks for your input.

Actually, that's the exact purpose of AP Resets. Neckson kept HP washing to exploit the fact that people were spending money to get better HP. AP Resets are very much used for exploiting loopholes, the main one being HP washing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Could just call the ticket a ''Golden Ticket'' if the fact that it's ''picking an item from the Gachapon which is supposed to be random'' is that much of an issue to you even if this is not what it's doing at all. It would do the same thing; you get to trade it for a AP Reset or a Hunting Gach.

Again, this thread is not to argue if washing should be a thing/that AP resets should not be used to abuse this mechanic, so let's keep on the subject. ♥

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. NoAvatarYet

NoAvatarYet Mano

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    12:35 PM
    Thief
    Beginner
    How about a separate machine for AP resets? They could be called an "AP dispensary machine" and be located next to regular Gachapon machines. The tickets required to use them could be 'golden Gachapon tickets' or alternatively make a new ticket drop called "AP ticket" or something like that.

I thought of another idea too, but it may not be feasible (since I don't have the experience of going on HT or Zak boss runs). The idea is to give specific buffs in the bossing rooms e.g. HT head rooms, HT body room and Zak room. These buffs could be common, adventurer specific or class specific. As a working title I thought of 'Will to Win' this could be common for all bosses or be more powerful depending on the boss being faced. e.g. "Will to Win (Horntail)", "Will to Win (Zakum)", "Will to Win (Pianus)", etc.

Examples a common buff could be: (this is an easy solution, but probably isn't the best one)
    Max HP +10, 20 or 30% (whatever is most appropriate)

Warrior only buff:
    Max HP +10, 15, 20, 25 or 30% (whatever is most appropriate)
    Thief only buff:
    Avoid +10, 15 or 20% (whatever is most appropriate)
    (Archer, mage, pirate only buffs...)

Dark knight party buff: (this seems to be one of the most important boss buffs)
    Hyper body +10, 15 or 20% (whatever is most appropriate)
    (other 4th job specific class buffs...)

Obviously some buffs are more powerful than others, and that's because some classes are already more valuable in boss runs than others. These specific boss room buffs can increase the demand for other party members that are usually less wanted.

These are just very rough concepts since we are brainstorming here.

• Creative Creative x 1