1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should this be allowed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aero, Jul 23, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    6:41 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Excuse me, if you want to get technical... Legends takes "Donations" from players to avoid Neckson penetrating them. Can't players also take "Donations" in exchange for ingame currency :^)

But naw, I joke. If the staff are happy with map selling, its all good. Same for drawings, it shares and motivates creativity which I'm all for.

2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:41 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    @mapowner is meant to allow players to train in peace without ks wars, squabbling, drama, and further escalation of dickish moves. Honestly, that still doesn't work sometimes, but it's there to help protect players legitimately grinding, or even with the intent to grind, and make it easy to tell who is in the right and wrong.

Now, when people sell a map? Unless that person is actually training, they have no business hogging up a map with @mapowner...

3. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    7:41 PM
    I see one of the most cancerous things of Royals has spread here as well. MapleF7

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well, people can also go to less popular places if they dont want to buy a map (ToT please =p). Buying a map is just like buying fame/fmspot/leech imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    hey u little britboi dont go stirring up more controversy pls MapleF1

6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:41 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yeah I agree, the current situation is pretty inconsistent and doesn't make too much sense to me. Essentially though, punishment on the issue is going to come down to discretion of the GMs, and clearly, they feel that trading mesos for drawings is okay and trading mesos for money is not.

I guess people are free to try and do "loopholes", but risk getting banned by GMs. I think its kinda stupid how one thing is allowed and something isn't when they are the same thing, but I'd rather just stay away from it all together.

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I personally don't see how mapowner and drawings have to do with each other at all. If anything, I would say drawings makes more sense for it to be disallowed since I actually do agree its using IRL something to trade it with in-game.

This is probably the most accurate reply

I still don't see how this is different from the other things. Is it that people sell something by 'abusing' an in-game command that is supposed to take care of kill stealing only?

Fame example was a reputation system, so basically you sell reputation for in-game currency. FM spots are supposed to be FFA (like maps), but people still sell it for mesos, yet everyone is fine with that? Is it because its actually from GMS but Mapowner is a custom command?

P.S: This thread is about mapowner, not drawings. If we want a discussion about drawings vs RWT than create a separate thread.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    1:41 PM
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    I always just gave away my map after I was done using it.

Praying on people's desperation isn't really a good way to move forward in any way. be a good person and help the community out.

You're actually lowering yourself to engage in that type of behavior.

Do a better job at earning mesos.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    eh selling maps imo is scummy but it's not really breaking any known rules

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:41 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Here's the main difference: if you are selling a leech, a fm spot, or fame, you are not preventing your potential buyers from acquiring leech, a fm spot, or fame by themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    6:41 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    She doesn't care if people sell maps... I just saved everyone time reading the post.

12. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    10:41 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I think that people should not be able to own more than one map at a time, though. I ran into an issue on another server where a high level Bishop owned a map on almost all channels by CCing and using Genesis just before it expired. It was really frustrating and felt like an abuse of @mapowner. I don't know if it's doable on this server, but it shouldn't be.

13. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Not doable here. The moment you leave the map, you lose your mapowner, and as soon as someone walks in and hits something, the map is theirs. Unless you start using alts/multiple accounts to ''hold'' maps, this won't be an issue.

• Like Like x 1