1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make HP Washing Optional

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mettzi, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    2:52 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Even with hb, ranged attackers can't HT until a pretty high level if they do not wash at all, 18x to survive if you get dispelled (after tail and legs are dead) to survive ht if you can mantain hb the entire time you still require a minimun of 4.8-4.9k hp to reach 7.8k and not get one shot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    1:52 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    < I washed to 5.6k @155 and stopped, currently level 200 with 7.1k hp still not enough to tank w.o HB. Personally I think its fine where it is now HT should be hard in terms of reaching that level/time taken to achieve the hp/damage needed, it gives you an accomplishing feel when you successfully manage to reach this part of the game and beat it.

That being said if every average joe could get 5.6k-7.8k hp easily or if HT's dmg was nerfed from what it is now, it would be a joke.

3. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    7:52 AM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Ill just go kill mushmomOnionDeafOnionHot

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    10:52 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    I like this quote a lot. I think it sums up my thoughts, too:

I've been silently pondering the same solution all along (reducing damage from certain bosses to make them more available), but I assumed that was a naive thought on my part as I've never been able to boss--and never expect to be able to--because of the need to HP wash. Since the mechanic of HP washing was never intended to be part of the game and is the solution to a broken problem, I feel pretty bummed knowing I'll never have a chance to approach a boss as my class(es) of choice unless I not only reach near the level cap, but also allocate NX/funds/time to AP resets, INT gears, and the like. And even then, maybe I might get to help with a boss after many months (years?) of doing so. I understand that it's a challenging part of the game and is a reward for taking the time to get to the point you are able to boss, but it seems intuitive to me that it's a reward for taking the time to level, not taking the time to go through the bs that is HP washing? OnionF6I'm no hyper-competitive-elitist-whatever-that-class-of-players-gets-pegged-as, but I'd still like to be able to play all parts of the game by...playing the game (ie. level progression). I feel like that's natural and it would be great if bossing was accessible to a wider player base--bossing is one of the most exciting and fun parts of any game/MMO! If you cut it out then it's just an internal grind fest to...nothing, really?

If that class of players didn't like the idea of AP resets getting a price reduction (I'm assuming these are the same folks that might not want damage to be nerfed, or just nothing to be changed in general regarding HP washing), then I think this idea is an alright compromise. Bossing becomes accessible to more players, but those who HP wash still have the advantage of having more HP, thus an easier time bossing. I don't think it would be too hard to implement, either. We can have a discussion as a community as to what the specific changes would be (damage amount, which bosses, etc), and from there it's a small tweak to some numbers.

This is just my two cents. If nothing ever gets changed, then ah well, such is life. I just think it might be important to voice thoughts on this issue as it's probably the biggest, most consistent issue across the years the server's been up (and I've always been very quiet about my own opinions on controversial matters in the past :x). I've always been curious about perspectives from both sides of the player base and why you might like or not like certain changes? Let me know what you think, and thanks for reading if you got through all this 2.5 years of mind dump haha FoxHeart

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Honestly, if you are serious about hp washing, it doesn't really even take that long to save up the nx for it, it's not a year or several months to get to the necessary hp to HT on a ranged class. Unless you are going for a really high ammount of base hp (then it's on you) washing a character to the required ammount of hp takes 2 months of voting or so, and most people that play this server are casual enough that it takes them that long to reach 4th job let alone ht level.
    So I do not see an issue with this, I do not want washing to be made easier, nor do I want boss damage for current bosses nerfed, these were all in the game when ppl started playing the server and planning their characters around them so they do not require tweaks. If you really would like to boss then you can either wash and suck it up or level enough that you'll be able to boss regardless. Server has been out for a long time now so anybody that actually wanted to boss and decided to hp wash for it has had more than enough time to do so, if you didn't hp wash because you did not want then that is on you.
    Edit: I didn't know shit about this game when I started and so I had to remake my level 70 hermit because I failed to use int gear or add int base till it was too late, it still only took me a month or two to be able to boss, so hp wash causing people to be unable to enjoy this server and boss is a lame excuse for those without a lick of patience. If you really can't play the game because you have to wash, then all you need to do is vote while not playing and then come back later. There has been more than enough time to do so.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    LOL :blackalien:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    8:52 AM
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    +1 u have more then enough time to vote and get 5.6 hp untill you are level 155, no point lowering bosses dmg, thats how old gms was, only there u had to pay for ap reset.
    If u want none/"luxery" hp wash i say find another server.

8. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    1:52 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I used to be against washing as well until I realized 3 things:

1. Washing really isn't that difficult to do

2. Washing is almost completely optional, HT is the only boss where washing is compulsory; you can do zak, scar and a bunch of other lategame bosses without one single wash. Heads up, 99% of players probably won't get to HT levels.

3. If you dont want to wash, all you have to do is find a server where you don't have to wash. Why try to change it for a group of people who have already been doing it since 2 years+ ago?

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Awliya

Awliya King Slime

Nov 12, 2017
    I understand the current argument of
    • It doesn't take that many washes
    But that really doesn't change the fact that HP washing is not intuitive and creates a barrier of entry for newer players even more so for those who are not knowledgeable about it.

Currently all I see is the established and already washed players seeking to defend their hard work.

We'll see how that changes if we ever get any content that hits harder than HT.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    If we ever tho, there would have to be compensation as old players that are high level cannot wash harder anymore and also planned their characters around HT dmg not harder hitting bosses. In fact this will happen since the staff have confirmed that neo tokyo is being worked and they confirmed that you would require a min of 8.5k clean hp with hb to surive. It is a different situation however since when the server was first released it was advertised as v62 nostalgic server with HT as endgame boss and no chance of that changing thus a lot of people created their characters with that in mind. The toad boss in ninja castle is a boss that hits 14k+ and this problem was brought up along with the issue of it not being an instanced boss, this is why it has been disabled.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    the boss was design to be a warrior boss that other classes shouldnt be able to do. (well maybe bucc as well)
    just like the boss in showa with his high acc checks.

i know its frustrating that something new got added,that only warriors are meant to enjoy but thats maple for you.

im not quite sure why they decided to make boss hit that hard that only a few warriors and mages are able to get past it.
    maybe they were planning to reduce the damage later after some more changes and made it high as a roadblocks.
    (since its not really possible for warriors to solo run through pb)

about hp washing it is always optional. it only makes you life a bit easier and grant you access to a few bosses earlier.
    also it makes it possible for other player to sell htpendant since more people are able to survive.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    11:52 PM
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Bosses aren't supposed to be easy. They are supposed to be challenging and meant to be challenged with a strong squad with various skills to complement other squad members. The higher level you get, the easier it becomes and you can get away with smaller more efficient squads. They aren't meant to be attempted at lower levels with the expectation that it will be just as doable/as difficult for a squad of 140's than a squad of 180's.

Picked a class which naturally doesn't have as much HP? Better hope you have a reliable HB in your party. HB dies during the run and you don't have a bishop to res them back? GG try again next time.

HP washing is a tactic, it's not mandatory to challenge and take down horntail. A particular tactic that is painful to get through because it includes a whole other part of the game with int equips, struggling to level because you use all your AP in HP, but you do it for the long con.

We shouldn't reduce how much damage bosses do to non hp washed players just because it's more difficult for them to challenge the boss.

It's not an exploit and nobody is "restricted" access to the boss. The only requirement to challenge HT is a level requirement. Beyond that, it's what you do with your character that will determine your success.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  13. OP
    OP
    mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    A lot of responses to my suggestion are "HP washing isn't that hard," but is that really an argument? Can anyone come up with an actual benefit to "forced" HP washing?

ZeretiusZeretius I don't understand how my suggestion would make bosses a joke. Progressing to the appropriate level and obtaining decent gear should be the challenge in bossing. If my suggestion were implemented, non-washed characters would barely survive 1 hit from HT. If anything, HP washing is what makes bossing a joke.

EDIT: Also I feel like much of the opposition comes from vets who want everyone to go through the same struggles they did. The same people always come out when someone suggests to make HP washing easier in some way. That mindset is selfish and it stops the server from growing and changing.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    1. Not true, I only washed 10-20 times for the heck of it because my job doesn't need to wash. I'm not even a vet, only joined this year.

2. The same people always come out because guess what, they are the ones who care most about where the server goes. They have also been here long enough to know what's what.

3. Why must the server "grow and change" in the direction YOU want instead of staying how it was like for everyone else? Why not find a server that doesn't require washing to begin with? Is that the "vets" being selfish or you?

HP washing is not forced.

Your opinion. NLs, BMs and Corsairs are the most damaging attackers in the server. Why is it a problem to give them some barrier to entry if they want to go boss at similar levels as warriors?

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    2:52 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    You say Hp washing is forced but you really just need it for targa or HT. That's not forced, especially because no one is forcing you to HT either...

If you are so intent on HT-ing and what not, legit just a bit of forethought is all that it needs. I half assedly washed my pally with not so great int gears for the bulk of my lvls but because I prepped for it early, I still ended up with 14.5k hp with more washes available from my mp.

Also, you complain about how long it takes to save up nx to reset, but.. what are you even doing with all the nx uve gotten so far? Just blowing them up on gacha??? If you are, isn't it fair that you're forced to make a choice? Either A) use the nx to make a profit or B) use the nx to allow you to boss comfortably.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    actully its true all threads about hp problems

ap reset prices, frog and this hp washing optional
    i see the same people respond about not changing anything, give compensation or nerf his exp/increase respawn time....

17. OP
    OP
    mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    That's why I put "forced" in quotations. I realize no one is holding the player at gunpoint, and that nobody has to do HT. I say forced because, realistically, a new player likes to level up with the motivation of killing the hardest boss in the game, at a reasonable level (not 10-20 levels from max), and without using an exploit.
    My vision of the server obviously is not the one and only. I made this post in the feedback section because I'm open to criticism. Why would I leave the server if I enjoy Legends? The feedback section is used to suggest changes or additions to this server. If HP washing never gets changed, I'll live. I'll keep playing. But in my opinion the system could be improved. Really you could say that for any suggestion. "Why not leave and find another server?" Then what's the point of the feedback section??

When I said that the certain mindset was selfish, I'm not talking about whether people agree or disagree with my suggestion. I'm ok with disagreement and I get that some people don't want HP washing to change. I'm not ok with certain people being against change just because it will open up opportunities for other players and possibly de-throne them as "elite players". That is the mindset that I think is selfish. The mindset where they would have players suffer the same as they did rather than promote changing the server for the better.

I personally don't have any problems HP washing. I plan on doing it because I'd like to HT around 150 (if I get there), and I have NX saved up. I'm making this suggestion for the whole of the server. Not just for personal reasons.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    What kind of MMO makes a level requirement vary by class? Have you been in a WoW dungeon that requires DPS to be level 30, but the tank to be level 10? No. Everyone can enter at the same level, but tradeoff is that the tank is much tankier than the DPS. A warrior in Maplestory can take many more hits than any ranged class. Even if my suggestion were implemented, a warrior would have a large advantage. Unwashed ranged can take one hit at most. Warrior can take many. That should be the advantage.

Doing HT at a late level isn't a negative aspect to a class, it's a negative aspect to the game mechanics.

19. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    MapleLegends Islanders need DrewDrew
    Islanding has nothing to do with hp washing and all other shit.

Nah, not forcing you to cum back, but whenever you decide to cum back, Tsuki's discord chat is always open for you.
    All the best in whatever you are doing honey :heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    I suppose one advantage is that your character thats being washed will have some decent gears by the time it's ready. Unless you're just twiddling your thumbs and doing nothing instead of making/improving gear.

I think it was mentioned already, but seriously... the time required to get washed for the min hp req for HT isn't as exaggerated as most people think.

If somebody can't wait a little bit, or even start working on a bishop(yes boring and repetitive but its efficent), I have no idea what they're doing here playing this grindfest that requires patience for alot of things.