1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mapowner

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by boost3rr, May 19, 2020.

1. boost3rr

boost3rr Slime

Dec 2, 2019
    8:07 PM
    zzz
    Thief
    Could mapowner be claimed by 1character per IP? its really sweaty in some places.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    6:07 AM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    maponwer is a mistake in this game,the game wasn’t designed for this tool,it’s just ruin the game
    I know a person who literally takesover 3 maps in afk summon maps, maponwer has to go or be nerfed
    oh and did I mention about 5 characters from the same ip who camp in mini boss maps? yea and u cannot do a shit about that because if u dare to kill the mini boss you’ll be banned

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    11:07 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Option 1: do the same and outgame him

Option 2: communicate, ask them what are they hunting the boss for. Chances are they are hunting for chairs, and they don't need the card anymore, while you are looking for card. Can ask them to notify you if a card dropped.
    If you need to get a kill for quest, ask them to notify you to come over and party you.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    a person who camp in 5 channels is definitely after the cards and not the damn chairs lmao

edit: u are not really solve anything,lets say that u are a new player and u want to hunt cards but u find out about the "mapowner abuse" for ur very first time, all of the channels are being taken by one person who's sweaty af about cards what can u do in that case? answer NOTHING

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Couldn't people then just use multiple IPs to hold multiple maps? People already do this to multi vote.

Instead I would think that a better solution would be to make it physically more difficult to hold multiple maps at the same time - like shortening the duration between kills to retain map ownership.

Basically, just make it so that if you are using the map you keep it, but if you are not using it, you should lose it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    4:07 AM
    Remove map owner completely?

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    some people do not speak English , so communication is not possible at times.
    on the other side if you get rid of the command there will be chaos and ALOT of KSing , think about some one who farms GS at lvl 60 only to loose the map to a lvl 70 with better AOE attack .

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    make anego map a ks zone

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
  9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I've asked people who have mapowner what they were looking for. Sometimes I get lucky and they say they're looking for a card while I'm trying to get the kill. I've even had some players have even held off killing Sage Cat for me while I finish up the quest string up to the point where I have to get the kill. This server is remarkably friendly if you are courteous enough to ask first. I'll admit, I'm pretty stingy when I'm card hunting on regular maps, but for mini-boss maps, I'm usually pretty generous. But do ask first! Nothing will enrage a Monster Card collector more than thinking you're "just helping" kill Elliza for them when they're really just trying to farm Jr. Lucidas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sumilidon 25

Sumilidon 25 King Slime

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    11:07 PM
    Kapcom
    Dragon Knight
    HOOD
    Honestly I second this. I played in Broa I dealt with it a lot. You learn a lot about monster mechanics and also certain individuals. Map owner is lame.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Orange Mushroom

Apr 24, 2020
    Just revamp it, make it so the character can't hit the monsters if that person is ksing; in another server you could @ mapblock username and that character would have the Weapon Attack/Magic Attack cancel debuff on all the monsters in the map. This would of course refresh after a set duration, though.

Edit: To explain a bit further here, Imagine a player.. lets say ZeroByDivide (GMS player, one of my old friends) would ks a map for their friend because their friend got ksed by that person. Now, putting that into the light. Imagine him ksing you for ksing his friend having you change channels; him being mad would follow you into every channels tracking you just to ks you back.

Doesn't feel great does it?

Oh, level 250 Luminous btw so everything gets hit because he knows the sweetspots in maps to stand in one area so the entire map dies :)

[I'm not saying this to lash out on people or hating but ksing is generally just unfun for everyone. Yes, even the for the kser, because well.. if reported they would get banned and thats not fun them at all.

Just, value new players for being new players; and/or just be nice to everyone, its really not worth it. Honestly, ksing is just a complete waste of time for both parties.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    We just need more channels. Trying to play a mage is just awful now. Skellies are basically always full, to the point that during peak hours people bicker over the shitty skellies map, Dragon Nest Left Behind, and I had to cc a few times just to find an empty minidungeon.

DC and you're stressed about losing your map, which is quite easy considering there's always a stream of people CCing into the map and you have to hope to snag the mapowner on a leech. Then if someone is watching mapowners you need to maintain that mapowner on the leech otherwise they could snipe the map from you as you can't transfer mapowner in any reliable way. It's happened to me once, but I was lucky the guy was understanding that I DCed and had to snag mapowner on my leech, he took the map when the leech's 5 minutes were up but gave it back when he knew what happened.

When he did I wanted to rage at him, but I didn't, and that's probably the only reason he gave the map back. It's still incredibly frustrating that you have to think about everything in order to hold one good map, and constantly have to have that 5 minute timer in your head in case you need to use the bathroom, or grab a bite to eat.

Scarcity isn't fun. Wondering if there's an open channel for HT or CWKPQ isn't fun. If you play during peak hours you have to accept that you probably won't get whatever map you want to go to, or even the backup map. Mp3 to gs5 is almost always full during peak hours, with gs6 spouting only a few openings. FoG can also be full in case you wanted that as a backup. I prefer to play alone but everywhere I want to go feels suffocating with the number of people passing by. If you have a competitive map then you have to assume the worst in people. You have to think about how they can take it and how to prevent that. You need to use mules in order to repot. You need to transfer your NPCables to other clients because you can't leave. When I get a map I want I just feel stuck there.

It's not fun. None of it is fun or casual anymore. If you have a decent map you're either paranoid or you lose it to someone who is paranoid. There's no sharing maps when you can clear the whole spawn. You aren't any closer to people because of that, you're just directly competing with them and it brings out the worst in people. It's made playing a mage so much worse than it was back a couple years ago.

• Agree Agree x 13
  13. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    we just need 20 channels for nostalgia so everybody gest a map everybody happy

reason for 7 channels doesn't bring us closer but brings us further apart and paranoid.

Nowadays people assert map dominance by attacking when someone arrives in your map by geneing. attacking every 5minutes to hog maps. Map sniping,map selling....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    6 Channels was fine for 400-500 payers. We have since grown 4x that amount and I'm not sure what the hesitation is to expand more channels. CCing and running into other players is a good / bad experience, but mainly unpleasant as AlyoshaAlyosha just explained.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Orange Mushroom

Apr 24, 2020
    MAP SELLING?!
    OnionAnnoyed

I just give the map away to someone thats channel surfing when I'm about to leave lol, I'd never sell a map; selling leech I'd do, though. But thats when I'm able to not a high enough level for that yet
    OnionYes

16. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    11:07 PM
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    I think what we really need is more channels. That might alleviate some of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    we just need more channels or remove mapowner that way people can stay in the same map and bond together without getting banned

18. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    To add to this issue: not only mage training maps and level 50-90 Singapore Ghost Ship Wankfest is affected. Remember LPQ, which is one of the main nostalgia generators in this server that we want to encourage people to do (hence no Monster Carnival)? Well I recently tried playing a new character and going LPQ, and it's also hyper competitive now where you need tracks and shit because every channel is full. This IS nostalgic I guess...but it's also bloody frustrating and in a server with good grinding EXP rate many people (especially experienced players who know better) wouldn't even bother because it's extremely AIDS trying to get an LPQ channel and doing the tracking+spam click thing.

Really think at least a couple more channels are in order

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  19. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    12:07 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Server cost is the first consideration in my mind.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    We've had 9 before.

• Informative Informative x 2