1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Medium Mac client constantly freezes

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by asdfjkliang, May 24, 2020.

1. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    5:28 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): After the maintenance, I would log on and just do my normal maple activities. My client just randomly freezes out of nowhere. Im not sure what causes but its happened 4 times already. The last time it happened was when I was clicking the npc to get into NTPQ
    What is supposed to happen?: The client is not suppose to freeze
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: It happens randomly? I am not sure what is the cause of the client freezing atm
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Use MAC to play ML
    Extra information (optional):

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    UPDATE: Froze again inside of NTPQ

Attached Files:

3. MattyIce

MattyIce Mushmom

Mar 11, 2016
    Male
    Soju
    Night Lord
    Demure
    Experience same problems. Its never happened before the new patch.

4. Eddie Sun

Eddie Sun Red Snail

May 24, 2020
    Male
    oshid
    Buccaneer
    Oasis
    Same thing happened to me. Before the new patch, if i froze, that means i got banned. Now i'm freezing every single time i log in.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. 4nass

4nass Red Snail

Jun 12, 2019
    Male
    11:28 AM
    4nass
    Hunter
    Same for me. It freezes after 2-15 minutes. It even froze at the channel select screen once (was afk for a bit, came back and it was frozen).

6. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    2:28 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    We are looking into this issue at the moment.

At the moment can you guys try switching to XQuartz? I had one user fix their crashing issues by switching to XQuartz in their Wineskin settings.

Also, what MacOS are you guys using and please post wineskin screenshot settings here if possible for more info.
    Thank you and sorry about the inconvenience

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Orange Mushroom

Apr 24, 2020
    Thats not how a ban works; a ban prevents you from logging in, it gives you a medium sized pop up at the log in screen stating why, what and how long the ban duration is. You're not banned.

8. 4nass

4nass Red Snail

Jun 12, 2019
    Male
    11:28 AM
    4nass
    Hunter
    You mean these settings? I'm running Mojave 10.14.6 Schermafbeelding 2020-05-25 om 16.27.26.png

9. HYPATIA

HYPATIA Slime

Apr 28, 2020
    10:28 AM
    HYPATIA
    Beginner
    Same issue on Linux (using the macOS client files). Using Wine staging 5.9, X11, Linux 5.3.0.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sphra

sphra Snail

Mar 27, 2020
    Female
    Magician
    I used the Mac Troubleshoot Guide and followed the instructions to download XQuartz. I am running Mojave v10.14.6 and have not been able to find this checkbox on the "Options" panel:

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 10.23.49 PM.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. dalexis

dalexis Slime

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    Singapore
    5:28 PM
    Lilhound
    Night Lord
    Promise
    freezing a lot more on mac with the latest client...

Attached Files:

12. Ben Ten

Ben Ten Slime

Jun 18, 2017
    Male
    Marksman
    In my case, multi-clienting seems to be the correlation to my freezes. I was able to play with no issue after the newly released client (fixed music sheet bug) with one client on. After duplicating my ML client (MapleLegends -> Maplelegends Copy) and having both windows up is when I started having my freezes. Switching between Mac Driver and X11 provide no relief.

I had no freezes after the maintenance before the new client (music sheet fix).

Edit: After leaving my single client on to afk, I came back to a black screen.

Edit 2: I forgot to mention that my game quality is set at best and has not experience any freezes with both clients on for the past 45min at the same setting. It was at the lowest setting when it froze.

Edit 3: Jk still crash idk anymore

Edit 4: I deleted and trashed my current client, reinstalled the new one again, and have not experienced any more freezes so far.

13. Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Does trashing the old/freezing clients and getting a new reinstall fix the issues?

14. sirjoseph

sirjoseph Blue Snail

May 3, 2020
    SirJoseph
    Hunter
    also experiencing the same issue. froze twice within a 30 minute time span. started after downloading the new patch released on May 27th.

Had no issues with dcing prior to that patch.

15. sirjoseph

sirjoseph Blue Snail

May 3, 2020
    SirJoseph
    Hunter
    I redownloaded the game and got this error message (screenshot attached). I remember getting this same error message the first time I downloaded the new patch. Not sure if this might be a reason why but thought I'd share:

https://gyazo.com/987daeaca35c9ee0e3fe1ed2afa505ef

Had to "ok" this message 3 times before the program actually started.

16. mirurun

mirurun King Slime

Jan 23, 2019
    Female
    Beginner
    Hi, still experiencing random freezes after downloading the latest client :(
    Have tried to refresh wrapper, switched between Mac Driver and X11 but nothing seemed to solve the issue.

Attached Files:

17. powz

powz Red Snail

Apr 11, 2020
    I have the exact same issues as sirjoseph and ben ten. I crashed 5 times within half an hr. tried restarting my mac and it kinda got worse. the frequency between crashes increased.

One of my known triggers is when the countdown stops (i.e. puff daddy appears) at the big puff daddy plate. It happened once when i boarded the train from Ludi > Orbis.

Is there a way to provide us a mirror for the old client? I dont mind just doing other things with the old client, only to do the daily quests with the new one.

/edit I'm on Mac OS High Sierra, version 10.13.5

Also how do you switch to XQuartz? I don't see this option in any part of my wineskin options.

/re-edit this just happened again while I only had 1 client open. probably not a multi-clienting issue

18. Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
  19. powz

powz Red Snail

Apr 11, 2020
    Thank you Mirrors! I'd also like to add that my client freezes 4/5 times at the login page~ Doesn't matter how many clients I have on

20. CrazyKai

CrazyKai Red Snail

Dec 29, 2019
    Male
    CrazyKai
    Bishop
    Yes... same facing freeze problem. I had try switch to x11 , but it doesn’t help as well. Normally it freeze me 4-5 time in 1 and half hour... not matter 1client or multi client it same freeze all the way. Seeking any solution for it. I do ntpq 3day .... no one time I can success ... even puff daddy also will make me freeze . Btw even I afk in a random map also will freeze.