1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

advice for my hp wash (NL)

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by JotaroStar, Aug 27, 2020.

1. JotaroStar

JotaroStar Red Snail

Jun 30, 2020
    Male
    3:19 AM
    JotaroStar
    Hermit
    RotiCanai
    D4B913DC-8C27-4316-87EE-3C3C611C7C37.jpeg Hello everyone, I didn’t learn about hp wash until my late lvl 90s so I started pretty late to try to wash what I can but at this point I’m not sure if it’s worth it to continue on or give up.
    - Been pretty sad cause I’ve invested a lot into this character (months) and being a nightlord was my dream class when I played maple back then but realizing now I might not be able to boss.
    - I just wanted some advice if I can boss end game with my hp or should I stop? :(
    My level is 130 (base int 134 but I have equips to get it to 200).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    If you put in 6 more int(140 base) and MP wash from level 130-150(put fresh AP in mp -> take point out of MP and into stats) you'll get 1200 more MP from that. With your gears and level-ups that's another 400 MP.

Grand total would be 1600 extra MP, which is 2400 more HP with fresh AP or 2133 with non-fresh AP. That'll put you above 7k HP.

Do all of this til level 160 and you can reach 8-8.5k HP. By level 170 10k HP is possible.

3. Milkydoor

Milkydoor Master Chronos

Feb 10, 2020
    You will be completely fine. In terms of bossing, HP washing is largely about quality of life (tanking multiple hits) and running without HB (which is available in plenty of casual runs anyway). See: https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...washing-to-be-optional-on-maplelegends.26370/

If you're interested in running a lot of Horntail, then you may want to put in some extra work. At level 160 your current setup will net you ~5.4k clean.

Referencing this post:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/important-hp-thresholds.31698/
    You'll already meet the 7k threshold provided you acquire the ~2k hp from equips.

At level 180 you'll have ~6.4k clean (although you'll have to level with all the int) which will meet the 8.1k threshold for HT without HB after equips.

If you wanted to push your HT proficiency further and are very patient with collecting NX, you could consider MP washing with your base int. If you push up to 140 base and mp wash for 20 levels, you would net 1200 mp which translates to 1800 hp if washed fresh, or 1600 if washed stale. This would get you to around 8k clean at level 180. You could of course MP wash for even more levels for larger gains.

So in short, you're fine for the majority of bossing content, and while you could wash harder for HT (and NT), it isn't necessary.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    JotaroStar

JotaroStar Red Snail

Jun 30, 2020
    Male
    JotaroStar
    Hermit
    RotiCanai
    I’m a bit confused at the part where you explain “put fresh ap in mp -> take point out of mp and into stats” if you can clarify that for me more, thank you so much for all your help!

5. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    MP washing is a method of gaining extra MP from your level-up AP. Every time you put a point in MP and take it back out, you'll gain '(int / 10) - 2' extra MP, so with 140 base int, you'd gain 12 extra MP every time you do an MP wash. Doing this with all of your level up AP each level will result in an extra 60 MP for you to use to wash every level, on top of the 20 extra MP you're currently gaining.

If that's what you do then you'd need to keep one point in the HP/MP pool, so eventually when you have the NX for the HP you'd take the point out of MP and put it into HP, which can be repeated as long as you have extra MP.

Hope that helps, honestly too many folks are willing to tell people that their characters are ruined but it's rarely the case. There's a lot that can be accomplished in a short time with MP washing. :^)

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    JotaroStar

JotaroStar Red Snail

Jun 30, 2020
    Male
    JotaroStar
    Hermit
    RotiCanai
    My brain is so fried LOL I’ve only been doing hp washing but realize there’s mp washing now too.. thank you so much for all the help!!

7. OP
    OP
    JotaroStar

JotaroStar Red Snail

Jun 30, 2020
    Male
    JotaroStar
    Hermit
    RotiCanai
    It’s very relieving to hear I can still boss with my situation thank you I’m sorry to ask another question but if I were to start my mp wash now, would you know rough estimates how my hp would look throughout the levels (150,170 etc.)

8. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    With all fresh AP into MP at 140 base int, then using non-fresh AP to wash into HP, along with natural level gains, you can get 128 hp every level with enough NX. Each level would need 11-12 AP resets, so the process would still be quite slow unless you've already saved a fair bit of NX.

4455 hp + 128 x # of levels. So 40 levels of that would give you another 5120 HP, getting you to ~9500 HP at level 170. With some HP gear that'll reach 10k. At 150 it'd be around 7k HP.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. AzamatBagato

AzamatBagato Timer

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    12:19 PM
    AzamatBagato
    Thief
    Demure
    I started HP wash as NL in lvl 120 something.... I was thinking the same thing at first (quit/remake)
    However, there is a lot of things you can do these days to get high HP that were not possible when I started back in 2015.
    Right now I have 5165 HP Base. Keep in mind that with tier 10 you get +1000 HP, Mon + 300HP, Cloak Cape 300 HP.,Ellin ring +100 HP
    You can also use 3 pets and buy pet EQ with 7 slots x3 to scroll with HP. You could get 600-700HP from that (or more, depending on how hardcore you wanna try)
    So with that said, I would get around 7465 HP at my current lvl (165) I have no base int what so ever (4int) I only use INT items with a total of 120 INT atm.
    If I ever get to lvl 200 I would estimate to get atleast another 600 HP minimum, making it a total of 8K+ HP. With HB you will also get an additionally +40% HP

So hang in there friend, its not to late at all. Who knows, if we are lucky they might also add another HP item like a glove/helmet etc
    Good luck ~
    :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    JotaroStar

JotaroStar Red Snail

Jun 30, 2020
    Male
    JotaroStar
    Hermit
    RotiCanai
    this was honestly so nice to hear.. I’ve been down because others have told me my hp wash was broken and that I couldn’t boss or continue to play with my account. Thank you so much for this motivational response! It really means a lot

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The only folks putting others down for late HP washing are the people who don't even know what they're doing. :^)

Just about every character can be recovered from any point, and if it's a beloved character then all the better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    4:19 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  13. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    6:19 AM
    You laugh now but one day there will be content where you can only have a maximum of 10k hp and you'll regret having all that extra hp.

• Funny Funny x 4