1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Event Balance Changes and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 30, 2020.

1. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    10:57 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Yes

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    1:57 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Can I just point out that you can cast 4 blasts within the time span of 1 HH, and 4 blasts does >300k damage (6 targets).

HH in HT is now just a budget Genesis to clear wyverns for your incompetent Bishops.

• Agree x 6
    • Disagree x 2
    • Great Work x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    7:57 AM
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    11:57 PM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    That won't be anywhere close to enough reason to bring a paladin to HT.

You really need to consider the bigger picture with these kind of changes. When forming a HT party there will be 0 reason to bring a paladin over hero, drk, bm, mm, shad, nl, sair, bucc. They all offer something.

• Agree Agree x 11
  5. sirunfunded

sirunfunded Slime

Jan 17, 2020
    Male
    sirunfunded
    Warrior
    I think we're missing commentary on the main point here, which is that Pallys are going to majorly struggle to be included in end-game activities outside of NT.

In regards to inclusivity in end-game, I think your comparisons are rather deaf:
    – BMs get partied for HT because of SE
    – Buccs get partied for HT because of SI and TL
    – "Most" Sairs is not fair ... because Sairs can differentiate on DPM much more than Pallys

Like many others, not asking for a reversion by any means ... but can we try to find some balance for Pally end-game so that we're not left out?

• Agree Agree x 13
  6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:57 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Can I ask for explanation for Paralyze/Chain Lightning/Angel Ray changes?
    Paralyze/AR casting speed and attack were the same yet AR get a buff of 100% basic attack vs. 50% for Paralyze. Paralyze casting speed is also higher than CL yet they receive the same 50% basic attack buff

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    1:57 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Well the angel ray buff makes sense since it takes into account bishops don't have elemental amplification.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    6:57 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I feel like a lot of these questions should/could have been answered in the original post.

What I mean by this is that perhaps the staff (regarding this theme) could take a more clear/open approach and explain the thought-process for each change, kinda like Overwatch devs do when they change a certain skill, it helps the players understand where the change comes from.

• Agree Agree x 16
  9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:57 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    class identity tho

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    If you have suggestions I’m all ears!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    "bring your paladin friends to ht they are still ok" is the equivalent of your mom telling u to invite the smelly kid to your sleepover.

Like other people have said, Paladins offer literally zero party buffs unlike other single target attackers. NLs have haste (not a damage booster but still useful) and higher dpm potential, Archers have SE, Buccs have SI, etc. Why would you bring a paladin doing 4-5m DPM45s to HT when you could bring an archer doing the same but also giving the entire party SE? You wouldn't.

You're also assuming everyone is geared to be putting out a 5.5m DPM 45, which isn't always the case. HH gave baby paladins who wanted to boss and earn funding a way to secure minimum DPMs, the same way that Snipe works for MM, and now that baseline is gone. Sure, other classes don't get that security, but it was a pro/benefit for playing a class with no buffs. At least you'd be able to bring the hammer.

I'm not 100% against this hammer nerf, because the training purposes are still there, but if you want to turn a bossing paladin into a class that can't be muled and is single target specific, there needs to be some other balance to the class. Paladins were just effectively nerfed for every boss in the game except for Scar. I've said before (not everyone agrees) to change blast to two lines and change damage %s to be slightly boosted so we can benefit more from things like SE and avoiding capped damage on elemental advantaged bosses.

Reverting changes to make the server more GMS-like is a joke. This version of GMS was completely unbalanced and multiple classes were unplayable. I'm here because I want old school maple vibes with updated, balanced changes. Putting multiple seds on different timers is a great move. I don't understand why you'd get rid of holy shield, a skill based mechanic, for sed and leave it up to RNG on whether parties wipe or not. If you're in a good party who alternates HS and will, you still run out eventually and wipe, but holy shield is a valuable tool for strategic gameplay. Taking away holy shield from HT is going to turn bishops into heal mules with need no skill other than press mg, press heal, press teleport. You're taking away one of the only skill based checks for bossing in the game, which is already brain dead endgame content in most, which is disheartening.

Ultimately I expect this post to be ignored like everyone else's. Yeehaw.

• Agree x 44
    • Funny x 3
    • Great Work x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  12. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    Why was the strafe change also not reverted? In the previous balance change, strafe was nerfed hurting 3rd job marksman but mastery was buffed to give a 4th job overall buff in the end.
    Now with mastery reverted, 3rd job is nerfed and so is 4th job. MM is no at a worse position than it was before any changes this year.

13. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Also can we get the old buccaneer avoid formula on the main post, since everything else has their previous numbers but the bucc formula only has its new formula and who out here tryna google that kinda stuff. I feel like paladin changes are fine personally except maybe they should lower HH to 10 seconds again IMO, they don't have to be godly cleavers since their single target is pretty nutty and anything thats elemental weak to them just fuckin MELTS. If we're talking about HTing like 10-12 mans who cares who comes I'm pretty sure noone gets excluded from those and 6 mans later on are just about who you know lol, I guess you could get exlucded if you're trying to 6 man with randoms but who does that, that just sounds awful. Like there's no real reason to bring a corsair over a NL at HT or an xbowman over a BM at late game, but I still see them at 6 mans since they r my nakama and I would never abandon them (TL: "Nakama" (仲間?) is a Japanese word that directly translates to friend, comrades, and under some context, such as in the manga 'One Piece', crewmates. Most fans of the series believes the word means "people who are considered closer than family", though that is not a part of the official dictionary definition of the word.)

Like idk man I went to 6 mans as a 155 NL lol, like if you're getting excluded maybe people just dont like you or you need new friends or something. I feel like paladins are in a pretty balanced state right now compared to the other warriors, since their dpm is so much higher at shit like Neo tokyo and area bosses and shit like scarlion and they already have the best grinding of all the warriors, do we really gotta make sure they're nutty at horntail too lol like at that point why even play a hero or DK (no lets be honest HB isn't needed these days for 6 mans xD)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Can't hs in HT now. We pure dps. Speaking of which, Bahamut buff when?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Paralyze is single target while CL is multi-target.
    AR doesn't have elemental amplification.

16. joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Bishops received a much higher speed bonus from SI compared to AMs so we compensated for that by giving higher attack. And yes elemental amplification. If you look at damage charts, essentially these buffs will make these 3 attacks slightly better than what they were at with SI.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    and yet nimble feet remains unbuffed??!?!?! smdh.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    We determined that while MM would not be able to KB monsters as well due to lower ceiling of damage, 3rd job sniper pre and post strafe change did almost identical damage.

19. joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    The old formula was 1.5*dex+0.5*luk compared to the 0.25*dex+0.2*str now

• Informative Informative x 5
  20. Glazened

Glazened Red Snail

Aug 22, 2020
    Female
    MapleGlaze
    I think it's unfair to say that the balance team isn't looking at the bigger picture, because frankly it sounds like the reason the change was made is because they ARE looking at the bigger picture. :/ They're working hard to make things fair for everyone. Why don't we see how the patch plays first and give our feedback after some time with it?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2