1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Leech Scammer Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sia YS, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Sia YS

Sia YS Mano

Aug 18, 2020
    Male
    8:38 PM
    I/L Wizard
    -
    Hello everyone, Good day!

As the subject title, I'm using the "scam" to bring up the issue. I understand this word is very harsh, but I have been gone through times of scam since my leech journey from level 65 to lv100. They halfway disconnected and never back!

Note: Even though the amount being scammed is not large(around 6m), yet I'm so frustrated to got scam again and again.

I tried to Smega to look for the leecher (just telling them I have took SS) to check if they are playing another account

(I NEVER REVEAL THE LEECH SCAMMER NAME),

the suggestions always I got from other players are, take SS give them a day and send it to GM / Moderator. And some even telling me the leecher maybe just disconnected. And some even warning me by doing so I WOULD GET BAN??????????????????????????????
    (So the victim should be victimized again?)

Ok , so I got scam now, not only my mesos, but my time as well. I gave these scammers time to reconnect (about 1 hour something) before I look for another leech seller.

I took SS of transaction, pause time, resume time of every leech I done with, but whenever I'm about to send those SS to GM/Moderator, I'm wondering is there any use? It may took me so much of time to deal with every single detail, and I think I wouldn't able to get my refund anyway.

Sorry for bullshitting so much, but i really hope leech scam issue can be minimized. GM / Moderator should allow players to make a trustworthy leecher list / blacklisted leecher list (IDK if current have any, because player tell me doing this would get ban as well?) to let player avoid scam.

Cheer for all the proper leech service provider, and the cool players.

P.S.: I deleted most of SS being scam. I do remember some of their name, but I cant reveal... X'D (LAUGH WHILE CRYING), but I still have the latest scammer SS.

2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    5:38 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    I think just report first.
    If they legit disconnect, you can then request to withdraw the report later.
    Also you don't need to wait them for one hour to come back, one hour is too long, you can proceed to look for other sellers, and they need to refund your meso.
    Or can just reschedule to other time to leech you.

4. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    maybe the person who pmed you that u were gonna get banned for exposing the leecher was the leecher all along.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    5:38 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    It takes a lot of time to investigate leech scams, especially since most people don't take screenshots of the leech agreement and the transaction / trade. However I will say that maybe 60-70% of leech scams reported to us, the seller actually d/ced and usually logs on the next day to refund the player and do the remaining about of leech. That being said, yes, please report the abuse to us and we'll look into it ASAP. ^^