1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief Blu's Full Guide For Shadowers

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Blu301, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    9:50 AM
    Xydan
    It's bad after the aggro-nerfs. You shouldn't be farming there at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. sgbtan

sgbtan Mano

Mar 20, 2017
    2:50 PM
    TadpoIe
    Bandit
    I see, thanks!

Besides Nightghosts, is CDs a good spot to farm meso?

3. Drico

Drico Blue Snail

May 22, 2020
    Male
    10:50 AM
    Buccocaine
    Brawler
    Hello! Thanks for the guide, very helpfull! Thanks for the time you dedicated to make this.

I'm a new player. I never had a Dit in old GMS so I'm a little confused with these topics:

1. Why should we have STR? I mean, the difference beteween str daggers and luk daggers are almost none, and the allocated points on STR would not conpensate the superior damage (in my newbie opinion). Is STR really gives any significant boost on our damage, other than luk?
    2. For a unfunded new player isn't better go dexless and then switch to a normal stat dagger? I mean, with a clean lvl 64 dagger and a pure luk stat wouldn't you be better than have over 100dex (+str) and equip a cheap normal stat dagger? From level 80+ then, I start raising my Dex so I can equip endgame daggers (also saves money for a later investment)
    3. Which was the assassinate buff that made shads dpm better? How was it before and now?

4. Appleaters

Appleaters Slime

Aug 9, 2017
    6:50 AM
    Shadower
    1. There's a level 120 thief-exclusive shield called the Dragon Khanjar that adds between 13-17 ATT, and requires 75 strength to equip. Considering that you'll be wearing things like a Zakum/Scarlion/Ravana helm, which already add ~15 str, it's definitely worth it to try to get ~55 more strength to get that ATT boost (alongside the boost from STR daggers like the Gold Double Knife/etc).

2. It's probably better to do so, but, as Blu said, it's nice to be able to change equips once in a while. Also, this guide wasn't written in context of the Anniversary event that's currently going on, as generally speaking, that Maple Dark Mate/level 64 dagger will go for a fairly hefty price, so using regular daggers would be relatively cheap.

I don't have an answer to do 3, so I'll let a more experienced Shadower speak about it.

5. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    7:50 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    upload_2020-5-27_12-20-32.png

6. Drico

Drico Blue Snail

May 22, 2020
    Male
    10:50 AM
    Buccocaine
    Brawler
    Thank you!. Very clear now.

Thank you!

7. lambofgod

lambofgod Snail

Jun 15, 2020
    Male
    4:50 PM
    lambofgod
    Chief Bandit
    Is the training bit updated?
    kinda lost at where to grind lvls 50-60 (currently 53)

8. Appleaters

Appleaters Slime

Aug 9, 2017
    Shadower
    Level 55-70 is honestly the more arduous stretch of being a bandit, since the complete lack of mobbing can be extremely annoying.

At that level, you should probably get to 56 via EPQ, then go to either Forest of Golems, Mysterious Path 3 (both are great party grinding spots, although MP3 is probably optimal). Afterwards, once you're ~65ish, I'd recommend heading to Taipei 101 and grinding on Cheap Amplifiers, then Fancy Amplifiers (whenever you can 2-hit them).

You could also spend some time doing Orbis PQ or Pirate PQ, which are both decent exp.

• Like Like x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Can anybody explain to me the mechanics/numbers behind the 3rd job skill Chakra? What are the %s on the skill based on? Is it an active, buff, toggle, or passive? Kind of confusing since there is no timer on the skill description, so I'm assuming it's an active skill that you use in order to heal one time, or until you're hit/moved?

10. bums

bums Red Snail

Jul 8, 2020
    2:50 PM
    bras
    Magician
    i'm pretty sure it's an active skill that you use to heal yourself, but i think you can only use it if your hp is below 50% ☺️

or at least that's what it was, i don't actually know if any changes were made to the skill on this server

11. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:50 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    It's an active skill, at 21 (where it's typically maxed to),

MP -27
    Recovery Rate: 159%
    Damage during the recovery if hit: 130%.

It only works when your hp is below 50% and when activated, if you get hit, you will take 130% damage. so say your hp is 5000, you activate it at 2300, it'll heal you +3657hp. (I'm not entirely sure if its the % of your remaining hp or your full hp so may need someone to confirm this)

If you get hit at all during the time it takes to cast the skill, Chak the Ra's, praise the Dark Lord, and grab a sandwich, you'll take 130% damage.

But frankly speaking, i've never really felt that you take damage at all or even are able to move. Because when i get hit or try and move it just kinda stuns me and seemed to do diddly squat. So that helped immensely when i ran outta pots while grinding at Dual Ghost Pirates around lvl 75~100 in between Pirate PQ-ing. This is purely anecdotal though. mileage may vary.

12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Can anybody confirm whether the above statement is true?
    In theory, if someone had washed a shadower to 20k hp, would Chakra be worth leveling over Meso Explosion?

13. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    9:50 AM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    I don't think chakra has reasonable utility in virtually any situation. The animation/cast time just takes too long, like 3 seconds.

Especially once you're a shadower with shifter and high avoid, we relatively use so few pots it's just clownery to use chakra to heal especially if you're not heavily washed. I used to use it while farming at kid mannequins (as a 4th job shad) but it's really meme and not worth using.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. jackimaru

jackimaru Red Snail

Apr 24, 2020
    9:50 PM
    Recommend putting Endure from 2nd Class and Chakra from 3rd class into Steal to help with Monster Card hunting!

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  15. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    steal blows just kill the monster tbh lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:50 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
  17. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    21blvck
    I want to express my gratitude to this guide, it allowed me to come back and play my shad properly and finally bringing it to enjoy the endgame content! MapleF15 Thank you so much Tim~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. joshhy

joshhy Red Snail

Oct 9, 2020
    Male
    Joshhyy
    Beginner
    Hi, a little late to the party, but can I check regarding the 75 Str/150Dex requirement, does it take into account gear if i am semi funded? Or does my base stat without gear have to be that amount? Thanks in advance.

19. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It takes in your base gear. So if you have 30 base str and 45 str gears you have 75 str to equip the khanjir

20. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    To add to this, make sure your str and dex is at 75/150 before you equip something like a dragon khanjar which gives you str. You could have base str of 30 with gear giving 44, but you can't equip dkhanjar even if it gives +6 str or whatever.

• Agree Agree x 1