1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Mana drain does not trigger pet auto pot

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Shivering, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    12:23 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Mana drain does not trigger mp pot usage regardless of threshold.
    What is supposed to happen?: If your mp falls below your settings, a mana pot should be used.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Horntail
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Go to horntail, set your mp pot usage settings to 95%, and wait for horntail to cast mana drain on you.
    Extra information (optional): This happened to me a few months ago. After I died a few times, I figured out what was happening. It was on a 120 mage so I had a very low mana pool and 2 drains, followed by a normal HT attack would be lethal. Also it wasn't like mana drain would sometimes trigger the mana pot. Any time I was mana drained it would pot at a 0% rate.

2. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020

6:20 Hope this helps you out buddy

3. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I don't think we're talking about the same thing. Mana drain has a 0% chance to trigger auto mp pot. This isn't the usual bug where sometimes your pet will not auto pot you.

4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    [Low] Mana drain does not trigger pet auto pot

idk man, I see pet auto pot and that doesn't work 100% of the time.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    I don't believe this is the case. From what I understand, mana drain does trigger auto mp pot and it may be because it's tied to mana drain dealing 1 HP. I typically set auto MP to 5% and often hit 0 mp and autopot pushes me back to 500 mp. I can try to disclose timestamped videos if you're curious about looking into it.

I've also experienced it failing though(i hit 0 mp and can't do anything at all.. happens maybe only 1-3 times a run), but I'm not sure why to be completely honest. I don't know if it's possible to get mana drained while in iframes but that could be something to look into and could possibly explain why autopot wouldn't trigger since I believe it triggers from using skills/taking damage.

Just randomly saying autopot fails x% of the time is pretty bad unless we can have a staff/member actually confirm that that's an actual mechanic.

6. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Can you share the video? I'm almost certain that when I was in HT the auto pot would never trigger on my mage when I got drained, but maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention; this was a while ago so my memory of it is hazy at this point.

7. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:23 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I'm not exactly sure why this is the case, but auto mp failing on mana drain seems to be somewhat tied to whether the client is afk or not (or perhaps the specific inputs in that client). I have a ton of anecdotal experiences where if I leave my computer for a while and come back, my character is always at full hp and 0 mp even though I use ginseng roots/ginger ale for both auto hp and auto mp. This indicates that the auto mp is failing on mana drain. However when I am playing my character normally in HT it is fairly rare to see an auto mp failure on a mana drain.

8. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    1:08 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Mana drain does not proc auto pot. You have to have a skill that requires MP queued for it to proc i.e. holding down TT for example.

9. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    Maybe this is what's happening for me.

Might also explain afk vs actually playing character scenario too. I'll try to get a screencap of me unbinding hp pots the next horntail I do to see if auto-mp triggers.

10. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    1:08 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I stand corrected :eek: I guess it fails more often than hp autopot?