1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to replicate Horntail defense up reduction higher than expected

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by jc123, Dec 2, 2020.

1. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    1:22 AM
    jc43
    Warrior
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): None so far, will record runs if needed.
    What is supposed to happen?: Horntail defense up reduces damage by a reasonable amount (expecting somewhere in the 25%-50% range)
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: hitting mid head horntail and noticed my damage being reduced to the hundreds amount on apple. normally hit 50k-95k during this time but on defense buff was hitting lines in the hundreds.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional): weapon defense might be stacking as well, not sure if this is intended.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Please take a video if possible, it is difficult for us to pinpoint the bug without video evidence of the bug.

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:22 AM
    Moderator Post
    We are currently unable to replicate this. We'll keep a watch, and if any of you manage to replicate it (or know if it needs to have a specific combination) let us know!

4. OP
    OP
    jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    Hello,

A guess on replicating this would be to let all active horntail heads(ex: if there are only 2 active heads, let both get defense up from left arm).
    We tested this during the earlier stages of horntail on horntail legs by letting all heads get defense up early to see if there was a big difference in damage.

Result:

MartyBuilt300DamageLines.JPG

I also have a 3 hour recording of our horntail sessions where I may be able to include timestamps if staff needs to help resolve issues.

I would prefer it remains private..so please shoot me a dm or discord(jc43#8207) for the link if that helps!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Enchanted

Enchanted Blue Snail

Apr 10, 2020
    Magician
    I don’t know if this problem is exclusive to HT - I actually saw reduced damage like the SS in other boss runs (<1000 lines), though it happens very intermittently. Wasn’t sure if it was just a visual glitch on my end, but it looks like others have been having this issue as well o.o

• Like Like x 1
  6. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    4:22 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Def up is triggered by left arm, not heads, but I have noticed from my Tuesday night run (ie. before the double maintenances) that the buff icons only show up on one head instead of all of them now, so it's possible that the game now somehow allows HT to stack multiple buffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    2:07 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I tried to record but it didn't work ;-;

But yes, this is definitely happening. The bishop crashed and our NL started hitting 63 damage.. 61 damage.. of that order ON apples. We're burning apples we aren't supposed to. Please send help ;-;

8. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    9:22 AM
    upload_2020-12-8_3-37-31.png

Still happening. Tfw strafe does <1k dmg

9. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    4:22 AM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Would like to echo what enchanted said. Similar to what the mage boss does in CWK, I've seen damage reduced lines (very rare but seen multiple times) at Dunas and others

10. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    9:22 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    So I also got this bug just now while killing Krex. It happened a few times (I think around 6) for both me and the 2nd attacker. Sometimes it was just me, sometimes it was for both at the same time.

This also only happened with left eye.

Party:
    Bishop
    Corsair
    Bowmaster
    Bucc (as SI mule)

Buffs:

upload_2020-12-8_16-3-37.png

upload_2020-12-8_15-56-20.png

upload_2020-12-8_15-57-5.png

upload_2020-12-8_15-57-24.png