1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weapon Attack vs. LUK

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Dance, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    4:08 PM
    Beginner
    Hey guys, I know that LUK can increase your attack range, but I was wondering if weapon attack gives a higher increase in attack range than LUK in the long run. For Example: Wep Attk Cape vs. LUK Cape.

2. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    5:08 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  3. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    Based off Nise's formula thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/nises-formula-compilation.36234/#post-243846
    Here's the general formula for min and max range:

MAX = (Primary Stat + Secondary Stat) * Weapon Attack / 100
    MIN = (Primary Stat * 0.9 * Mastery + Secondary Stat) * Weapon Attack / 100
    *note: Night Lords do NOT use this formula when using Lucky Seven or Triple Throw

Lucky Seven/Triple Throw:
    MAX = (LUK * 5.0) * Weapon Attack / 100
    MIN = (LUK * 2.5) * Weapon Attack / 100

This obviously isn't entirely accurate as it doesn't account for damage multipliers from weapons, buffs/potions, mob defense, etc., but it gives you a general idea of how much damage you'll do. From the looks of it, you would want a good balance of both, but weapon attack ends up having a greater impact in the long run (at least for shads). It looks like Luk is better for NLs but idk since I never made one

I think a 3 attack cape ends up beating out a 10 luk one, but I could be wrong. Best way to know is to just equips both and look at your stats if you can.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    Beginner
    I been trying to work on getting Ellin Ring, Event Rings (if available), Pendants of any kind, zakum helmet, scarlion helmet, tier 10 ring, just anything in general that will boost all stats really. STR will probably be interesting as my journey goes on since I can get DEX easier. Trying to keep base STR and DEX low and getting stats from gears to make up for those is in my journey.

5. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Yeah any all stats equips are great for shads since we have a purpose for all 4 stats. Getting a zak/targa/scar helm, ht pendant, and a tier 10 ring can get you +50 all stats. If you really wanna get that extra 10-20 str, you can try scrolling a top for str instead of luk and look towards chaosing a spectrum goggles or a broken glasses if you have one (really not worth it). Event rings (and the current additional pendant) gives some nice additional stats for damage, but could screw you when it expires if you don't have enough dex/str.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    1:08 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Why is that not worth it?

7. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    It's not worth it unless you've already invested in all your other gear. Eye/face accessory ends up being some of the most expensive equips with minimal stat/damage boosts. The hundreds of mil you can spend trying to get some decent goggles/glasses, you would probably want to spend on getting a better weapon, shield, helm, gloves, or cape. Also this was mainly in reference to trying to get the str stat up, which is pretty difficult to do beyond helms, rings, and pendants.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    7:08 PM
    DMsRebirth
    Both LUK and attack increase damage roughly linearly proportionally, so for rough estimation you can just calculate the ratio of your LUK and attack (eg. if you have 5 times as many LUK as attack, then each point of attack is worth 5 points of LUK).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1