1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hoblin King PQ

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by yogurtseller, Feb 1, 2021.

1. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    5:40 PM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Hob King PQ is a party quest based out of El Nath where the premise is to protect and guide Shammos to Rex, sort of like a mobile Henesys PQ. The level range for this PQ changed a few times in GMS, but I think it'd be a good idea to adapt this PQ and the rewards for levels 120 - 200. I haven't seen a suggestion post for Hob King PQ, or maybe my searching skills are just shitty.

There are two things that I think this PQ (and its rewards) addresses well:

1. Levelling from 120-135
    Levelling from 120-135 is very painful for non-mage classes. Right after the 4th job advancement, new skills are unlevelled and weak, offering no boosts in EPH. Training from 120-130 is tough for non mages because you're still getting 3rd job EPH while required exp to level is spiking up. Having a PQ at this level range will allow new 4th job characters to gain an appropriate EPH boost to accompany the boost in required EXP to level.

2. Need for HP equips
    HP washing is not optional on MapleLegends, and we need more HP gear. Rex's earrings give +10% HP, and having the earrings as a reward would be great because they scale with how much HP you have. This means that low levelled characters and mages with lower base HP would benefit less, and endgame characters with higher base HP would benefit the most. Having %HP equips that are proportional to HP is interesting because we only start running into HP limitations when we reach the end game.
    [​IMG]

Pros:
    + Having an alternative levelling path for 120-135
    + Having a PQ where most if not all characters from 120-200 can meet, hang out, and make new friends
    + Earrings' +10% HP scales with levels/total HP: appropriately addresses end game bossing HP limitations for non mage characters

Cons:
    - Earrings' +10% HP scales with level/total HP: characters that have washed an insane amount will reap massive HP gains
    - High base INT washers can get carried for free leech
    - Hella coding to do and we aren't paying our devs (or are we??)

Balancing:
    ? Have the EPH be equivalent to 125-130 party training (~20m eph? rip skeles leech market though)
    ? Have the earrings be 0 slots and expiring after "x" period of time so that it's not worth it for people with high HP to get the earrings
    ? No cap or daily limit on the PQ because it's meant to be an alternative to grinding

• Like Like x 30
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    yes pls give me HP equips

3. TonyDaquore

TonyDaquore Orange Mushroom

Nov 2, 2017
    Male
    2:40 AM
    TonyDaquore
    Marksman
    DutchLegends
    I'm a huge fan of this and I'm hoping that it will be added somewhere in the future.

IIRC there is one slightly bigger problem in adding this and that is the +10% HP stat. Something like that didn't exist at all in v.62 so I think that it must be added manually, if something like that would be possible in any way. Of course, there are many ways to work around with, so I'm curious if that's the case here as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    2:40 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Looks good, maybe have the earrings not expire and change the %hp into a set amount of hp to help out the people that need the hp the most.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    8:40 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    I'm all for new content. +1

6. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    7:40 PM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    i remember this PQ being so infuriating but i honestly agree with your points you want to address so i support this

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It was a pretty neat PQ to do on another server. I managed to have a lot of fun with it. And I found a video of it too, for the uninitiated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ZFkblgrVc

Some potential issues that I could speculate about is that there are a lot of client limitations that would have to be overcome. Shammos' AI is probably the first thing, he wanders towards a set goal, attacks, and produces speech bubbles for various criteria so it would probably be an issue to try to make that work on a client that currently doesn't have anything similar. If I were to hazard a guess I'd think that would be the most difficult part, a lot of the rest can sort of be worked around, like the earring % stat could be converted to a flat HP instead. He also interacts with the summoning of the boss and some of those boss's attacks might be difficult to code in as well, the sight darkness and the dash attack are unique to anything I've seen in the current MapleLegends, but those things seem like they could be tweaked into functioning. Shammos seems like the biggest hurdle from a glance, and making it work would probably change a lot of the key aspects of the PQ. Even a complete rework, converting the stages to "kill every mob" on a timer with a static Shammos would be a fairly large undertaking while losing a lot of the spirit of the PQ.

Personally I like it, and would probably enjoy it in any form, but Shammos hates fun and should be pushed into lava.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    3:40 AM
    Hero
  9. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    8:40 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Forget the shammos AI. Have one party member play as shammos, and that shammos party member will have slow walking speed matching that of what shammos's speed supposed to be.

Edit: I got this idea from a bot in Maple Island

• Creative Creative x 4
  10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Epic 30k HP Warrior with powerstance & 400 honster coming through!!
    Jokes aside, this is probably a good idea if we can force other 'damage' criterias instead, such as being able to only get hit 10 times or similar, regardless of HP.

And also, transforms into a shammos who cannot use any skill :(

11. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    I support! We dont have an earring that gives str

12. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    As shammos, they will have shammos's max hp, not their original character's max hp. Potting, buff, healing by party member will be disabled for shammos

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    Beginner
    Sorry I meant to click Agree first!

14. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    3:40 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    pretty sure we do, theyre called Element Pierce

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    yeah but this is more accessible haha

16. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:40 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Altair earrings from EPQ also give str~

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    i completely forgot about that lol. Its locked in a level 45-55 pq unfortunately :(

18. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:40 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Bump?
    if is hard to add earring hp in % it can give like some fix hp?

19. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I think the bigger issue is the PQ itself, using mechanics outside v62 client.

20. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Timeless Earrings also have STR :^)