1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing the Free Market teleport

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by thetavi, Apr 9, 2015.

What to do with the "TRADE" button?

Poll closed Jun 10, 2015.
  1. Warp to FM with no buffs allowed but still merching

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Warp to a "hangout" map (social only, no merching/buffs) and make FM GMS-like

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. No changes

54 vote(s)
    71.1%
  1. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    7:47 AM
    KIM EDIT: I have added a poll

For those who don't know, the green "Trade" button which took players into the MTS in GMS has the function on this server of teleporting you to the Free Market.

I think this feature should be removed, mainly because it makes muling easier. Being able to automatically warp into the FM from any training map makes muling even easier than it already is. I have nothing against people using mules and I think they should be allowed, however, I would rather it be inconvenient in order to discourage it.

Additionally, it was not a feature in GMS, so it would be more GMS-like for it not to do that. :)
    I think it goes against the server's general policy of not providing things just because they are convenient (like warping, instant boat rides, etc.). It forces players to actually walk to the Free Market, which exists in the majority of the towns anyway.

If nothing else, it would be cool if it required being in a town (not any training map), or else it would not warp you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Light4angel

Light4angel Blue Snail

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Australia
    12:47 AM
    Personally, I disagree. The community is still relatively small and removing the function will make it even smaller. FM is the only way to interact with others and removing that interaction will make a dead server. People will walk to FM but most won't. I think removing the FM warp will break the server community.

• Like Like x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    10:47 AM
    Agreed. The trade button alone can turn 20 players online into a community. There definitely are some drawbacks, as thetavi points out, but I think the benefit vastly outweighs the cons.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:47 PM
    Moderator Post
    What the other say. This was bought up by one our Closed Beta testers as well and basically denied it back than too due to it breaking the activity of the community.

MTS feature itself was fully rejected because selling items for Cash when vote points are free anyways is one big mess, so removing Trade to FM would mean the button will do nothing at all.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Ah okay. I was looking to see if it had been suggested before but I must have missed it. (Where did the forums search feature go? I swear there was one before... :confused:)

Fair points. There are definitely good things for it and it is a convenience.

6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I've temp removed search because it had a permission exploit.

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    I agree 100%. The community interacts just fine on the forum, the fm button is redundant and abusable.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    but not everyone uses the forum ^

9. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    10:47 PM
    I agree with the mule part. IMO the ease of interaction that the Trade button brings is the important factor, and not the trading capabilities (to some extent). I would have liked a social map where we could freely warp to for chatting and playing mini-games only (no trading/dropping items/using skills etc). But there is the question of coding that, and while the server is still new it might have undesirable effects on the economy if the FM is not too accessible yet. Since there is no such map intended/yet, the FM is the next best alternative.

• Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    I just realized how silly I am and the easiest compromise to mules. Why not disable non-movement based skills in the Free Market? i.e, you can only use: Haste, Teleport, Flash Jump, Mount (...anything else?). You cannot buff yourself or others. Is that doable?

The only problem this leaves is if you leave a training map by going into the free market, and then come out and get hit by a monster instantly. Without Magic Guard or Hyper Body, it might one hit you if you needed it previously. Perhaps allowing Magic Guard as well.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I'm starting to delete posts that do not contribute at all, such as 1 word posts or #'s

12. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    I agree. I've never been a fan of the FM warp. There will always be people in the FM regardless. Like you said, it's not GMS-like. People used to hangout in the FMs all the time in GMS and guilds had fm rooms and stuff. There's plenty of people that play this server that will supply the community feel in the FM you guys are bringing up. The only difference is you'll have to use a return scroll to nearest town, and actually walk to the FM. Then walk back later when you wanna train again. How is it now, everyone just parks their character in their training map and goes between that and the FM. Plus, you can make mules to give yourself pots so essentially you never have to leave your training map ever. Also, it makes any buff you want just a button away. All you gotta do is ask a priest to party with you for HS or a 4th jobber for MW or whatever you want and simply hit the button to warp to FM and have it.

13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Seeing we are working on a .wz patch, I am bumping this. I was discussing with Navi and we thought of following:

A Free Market duplicate map (with minor changes such as removal of "FREE MARKET" text) will be created to hang out, similar as current FM. However, NPC's (MapleTV undecided) + Portals to mini FM's will be removed. Basically, creating a whole new "hangout" map is hard because people are very used to current FM and to be honest I like how the FM map as whole, outside of fact in GMS you couldn't go to there in a flash.

Most importantly we are collecting opinions. Please leave your opinions here if you want changes or keep it how it is.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Are you able to restrict trading and dropping of items in the map? One of the main points for removal of FM tele is that it makes it super easy to transfer pots from mules and meet up to trade stuff with each other.

15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Yes.

16. Tink

Tink Red Snail

May 28, 2015
    Male
    I think keep FM teleport is a good thing. Some people say that is not GMS-like but it's a good for the community. Disable skills, specially HS and HB will be a good thing against HS/HB mule.
    But please, dont disable trade, young account (less than 15 days-old) can't buy a merchant. So if you disable trade on FM, all young accounts can't participate at the economy, I don't think it is a good point.

I agree restrict HS/HB mule, but disagree on stuffs mule, and in my opinion disable FM button is the worst thing to do.

17. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    They can use the forums as a free alternative before they get merchants if you're talking about trying to sell stuff, or just yell manually in FM/social map. Young accounts also wouldn't have much to sell unless they hit 45 and gach within that time, which is very possible but there is forums to bridge the waiting time.

18. cowgoesmoo

cowgoesmoo Master Chronos

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Massachusetts USA
    Eisa
    Cleric
    Captivate
    Is it possible to disable, trading/dropping for those who use the teleport button to gain access to the FM?
    and block them from entering FM's

that way they can enter the FM to chat but not to trade

just a thought

19. Shendizz

Shendizz Orange Mushroom

Dec 30, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Jelamee
    Pirate
    Aqulia
    The thing about warp to FM is that the notion has been set in stone by so many servers- such as CMS, Royals. General human behaviour tends to object against change, and this would unavoidably lead to a negative backlash.
    A key factor to why FM is so successful is that it is so useful and convenient- you can buy and scroll stuff, trade and transfer items, and socialize with players.
    In the new socializing map, people only can socialize, which truth be told does not always occur as most of the time people AFK. Transactions will be much more troublesome. Without such easy access to FM, people would turn to the forums to sell their stuff. Not many people will actually walk towards a void FM, when there is a faster way to reach out to the community. The only reason why FM was a success in GMS is because it was the primary and largest way of selling and buying stuff.
    Cutting off the FM would lead to more participation in the forum free market. But is it worth it destroying such a fundamental feature of so many private servers, just because it is un-GMS like? We do not have to be 100% GMS- we are MapleLegends. You decide.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    This will really suck when there is a gm buff event. Going to have to leave map, go to FM, get buff, spend 10 mins getting back to the map and hope no one has taken it.

• Like Like x 2