1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Improving Mr. Do the Potion Creator

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hiyo, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    4:22 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Mu Lung has recently gotten some of that spotlight and focus thanks to the Monke Leech thread post! (A great find by the way :heart: ) Being there reminded me of my very old days playing GMS with my brother gathering Mu Lung mob ETCs (straw dummies mostly) and exchanging them to Mr. Do for some of his Marbles. I decided to test out Peach Farm 1 leech with a friend (AinzAinz ) and whilst doing so, we were tracking how many ETCs we made and how many marbles we got per '100' ETCs given to Mr. Do.

~2100 Peach Seeds per hour
    ~650 Broken Deer Horns per hour
    Code:
    Seeds: 21*13
    Horns: 6.5*12

Marbles: 351

[​IMG]

So what's the problem with Mr. Do or how can we improve Mr. Do? Well, Mr. Do can only create 100% Weapon Scrolls for 100 Marbles + 10 Ores. to get 100 Marbles you need to give him 800 Peach Seeds (104 Marbles) or 900 Broken Deer Horns (108 Marbles) and 10 specified ores to create a mostly worthless scroll.
    *Each ETC will give a different amount Marbles.

[​IMG]

I am here to propose that we do some changes and give Mr. Do the ability to create 10% and 60% weapon scrolls, add pirate weapon scrolls to the exchange and change some of the required ores needed to create these scrolls.

Firstly, I want to propose giving Mr. Do the option to create 10% and 60% scrolls for a slightly more expensive Marble price. Prices would look like something like:
    Code:
    100% Weapon Scroll = 100 Marbles
    60% Weapon Scroll = 150 Marbles
    10% Weapon Scroll = 175 Marbles
    Secondly, Mr. Do probably existed before pirates were released as the exchange doesn't even have 100% Knuckle or Gun scrolls... So adding those would help the pirate class a bit!

Lastly, changing some of the ore requirements like mithril and steel and give other less desirable ores a purpose/niche. As of now it asks for the following ores:
    Code:
    Warrior (1h+2h+Spear+PA) = Steel Ores
    Mage (Wand+Staff) = Sapphire Ores
    Bowman (Bow+xBow) = Mithril Ores
    Thief (Dagger+Claw) = Garnet Ores
    My proposal would be:
    Code:
    Warrior (1h+2h+Spear+PA) = Silver Ore
    Mage (Wand+Staff) = Opal Ore
    Bowman (Bow+xBow) = Topaz Ore
    Thief (Dagger+Claw) = Garnet Ore
    Pirate (Knuckle+Gun) =  Aquamarine Ore
    To conclude, this would help the area be more lucrative to grind at for lower levels and a way for them to make some meso or provide the scrolls for themselves to scroll their weapons.

Foxpat

• Like x 12
    • Creative x 5
    • Great Work x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Friendly x 2
  2. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    9:22 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I think with your suggestion it is still gonna suck?
    With your numbers, you will get like 2x 60% scrolls for each hour of farming.
    Which is like 200k each for the better 60%, so a 400k boost over an hour.

Idk, but this just such a tiny effect that is not worth the effort to change it.

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    3:22 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Not everyone seeks to sell their scrolls though. I'm certain there's players in the Mu Lung level range that would like to slap some 60s on their weapon for a dmg boost but don't have the liquid meso to do so.

It's not a suggestion geared to experienced/funded players trying to farm more, it's a suggestion to make Mu Lung mor attractive for new players.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:22 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    It is very unlikely that this kind of player would even know about this exchange quest.

5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    And that's why you tell them about it :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    It might be nice to put some of the rare/gachapon-exclusive scrolls in there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I think those 60% scrolls (other than a selected few at 200k) are really dirt cheap...
    You might as well just sell the etc and take that meso to get some 60%s...
    For any exchange to be really while worth, it literally need to have the showa exchange's jackpot of bwg to be worth it.
    Of course, if the place is leech worthy, it shouldn't have such big prize from etc exchange (or it should anyway, to make ppl gtfo of GS).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    If this does get converted into an exchange quest, I would like to see raccoon masks in there.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Fat agree on this.
    We need more content-related ways to gain scrolls that are gacha exclusive.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Agreed but I don't think adding good drops on good exp maps is the way to go.

The reason why nightghosts map is never abandoned but rarely crowded is because it has good drops but bad exp gain. If you add good drops to a good exp map you'll just overcrowd the place and empty all the other maps. Then you get people complaining they can't find a map, admin adds dungeons and all the other maps that previously got dungeons are now ghost towns (or ships).

I like making mr Do more worthwile but you'd have to reduce the spawn count or something to balance it.

Please balance maps so we have more options ty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Valid point, I feel like Peach Monkey (and all of Mu Lung) is currently very viable in terms of pure grinding. This might still be influenced by the fact that it practically rains event etc drops there, but the exp alone is viable for a heap of lvl 40-60 classes.

I like the idea of adding 60's into the mix for the Mr. Do exchange because it allows players with lacking funds to farm for 3-4 hours for 7x60% on their weapon instead of having to browse FM and pay ~1.5m for scrolls they can't really afford.
    However, the gach-exclusive scrolls generally generate a significant amount of meso and would have to require an equally significant amount of mesos for it to be considered.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    What about allowing Mr Do to craft untradable 15% weapon scrolls? These scrolls would probably be highly sought after by anyone trying to create a perfect weapon. Having Mr Do being able to create 15% scrolls creates a market around Mu Lung ETCs, allowing players to grind and also make solid money at the same time at a place thats not GS2. I imagine this would be more lucrative than the suggested 10/60 scroll crafting.

I feel like even if Mr Do could craft 10/60%’s, no one would go out of their way to craft when you could pick one up in the FM for 20k. It would probably be the equivalent of a cool party trick. With 15%’s, I could see players going out of their way to use Mr Do to make the most of our now very expensive white scroll market.

13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I feel like 15%s would send every endgame player towards Mu Lung. This would just flood the region with lvl 180s hogging lvl 50 maps, without benefiting the lower leveled players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Like there is really no reason why a lv40-60 player will pick this map over GS for grinding.
    The map layout of GS is simpler just better, and very importantly you can almost afk heal/lightning bolt at GS. You simply can't do that at this map.
    Those monkeys have range attack as well. You can be knocked around quite a lot and fall down if you can't 1 hit them (and they are 1700hp tankier than your Slimy at GS2).
    Also, cleric have to magic claw, which is dogshit if you want to train effectively.

This map is getting more attention as a leeching map, because your bishop is just going to gene anyway, so the layout/mob type isn't that much of a factor.
    As a grinding map, this map is really much worse than any of the GS maps. A few 60% scrolls is just pointless if you want to even consider this map as a viable grinding map.

With my reasoning above. Any buff to the exchange items is just going to buff the leeching here, to replace the leeching at the GS.
    I don't mind significant buff to the exchange items incentivise the leechers to do their leeching here, while leaving the GS for actual grinding, instead of having both the leecher and grinders fighting over the same map.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    'This map' is not the only map that can be used for Mr Do's exchange. Other etcs gathered around Mu Lung can be exchanged for the marbles as well. As a result of this, this change isn't necessarily a buff to 'this map' but to Mu Lung as a whole.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    My point that class is not able to train effectively due to the map layout and mob type should still stand, just because how insane GS is.
    Further more, the earlier mob will be in competition with EPQ and even LPQ.

Buffing an under utilised area is a good idea, but it needs to be attractive enough for the buff to be actually consider useful.

17. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I feel like your perspective is mostly geared toward mages. I don't think ranged classes were that great at GS anyways. MP3 was fine if you just stood on the car. I think with buffed spawns, chipmunks, porkys and peach monkeys would be pretty decent. There's some good sniping spots too.

18. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    True. I done my card hunting there as a high level, and the portals added really brought a lot of potential to the map.
    A lot of the stuffs needs to be tested on the ground with suitable characters as well.
    This map can possibly be great for some low level ranged characters as well.

Wrt to the suggestion, I am just trying to say such etc buff is really insignificant in the whole context of the whole mulung area.

19. OP
    OP
    Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    4:22 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    It is insignificant to established players but not to new players, considering the area is getting some attention and love from the Staff team, this small exchange quest can be of some assistance to new players. As for leechers the exchange can be a good way to get some scrolls rather than making few meso npcing the ETCs.

You also forgot the 1st map with straw target dummies is in fact a good alternative to GS for I/L and melee classes as its layout is 1 flat platform. I grinded there on my I/L for a bit when GS was full.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    tbf ninto is both and is usually empty