1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for MAC [NEW] MacOS Installation Guide & FAQ

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Nise, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    8:13 PM
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    Thank you for putting this together, seriously.

Are we still in "this is tentative, don't upgrade yet" territory, or are we assuming that upgrading from Mojave is OK (at our own risk, etc. etc.)

2. Coopen

Coopen Red Snail

May 23, 2020
    Male
    5:13 PM
    coopen
    Beginner
    I’m crashing like crazy every 5 min. I am used to the refresh wrapper method but it’s getting old, crashing extremely fast. Screen will just freeze. No keystroke needed. Any suggestions? Mac OS Sierra 10.13.6 ML is on the SSD if that helps narrow it down... I did the quick fix “ML won’t open after DL” changed the engine to 2.2 worked good for awhile.. thanks

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:13 AM
    Moderator Post
    <Dont> restart your mac and after a few hours the crashing should stop

4. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:13 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Have you tried the Crossover client?

I still think we're in the tentative don't upgrade yet territory, as there's still some issues with the Crossover client. Main one being people crashing at the character select screen. There doesn't seem to be a definitive fix for it. Different people have had luck with different methods, and even then the next time they have that issue, it's pretty uncertain whether that same fix will work for them again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. x8808099

x8808099 Blue Snail

Mar 19, 2021
    8:13 AM
    Also freeze upon selecting character, reenable graphic enhance worked but failed at next login.

6. oohyoo

oohyoo Horny Mushroom

Mar 3, 2018
    Female
    sunjoo/sappho
    damn too bad, please let me know if you find any other alternatives!!

7. jessica158

jessica158 Blue Snail

Mar 29, 2020
    Beginner
    Also having the screen freeze issue today. I just downloaded crossover/client yesterday and it was working fine.
    Client: Crossover
    MacOS version: Big Sur (M1 chip)
    Describe the error: Tried all of the above tips for freezing upon character selection. I tried selecting all characters, doing different channels, redownloading the client, restarting my laptop, turning performance enhanced graphics on/off
    Last Run Log: not sure

8. Coopen

Coopen Red Snail

May 23, 2020
    Male
    coopen
    Beginner
    I have not tried crossover, but I don't freeze at the character screen. I will try to leave mac on for awhile and see if anything changes.. thanks

9. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Some people have had luck by logging onto OTHER characters, which then allows them to log into the desired characters... very odd issue... we're still looking into this, and we'll post any updates!

• Like Like x 2
  10. mirurun

mirurun King Slime

Jan 23, 2019
    Female
    Beginner
    Wow thanks for all the hard work Nise, VeryPog SlimeAngel

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Taystee

Taystee Slime

Jul 15, 2015
    Male
    9:43 AM
    Taystee
    Brawler
    Hogwarts
    I found if I stayed on the log in screen for 30 secs or so before logging in, choosing a ch between 2 - 8 and pressing enter on my character (rather than double clicking) I am much more likely to log in and not freeze. Don't know if it's all a coincidence but its working for me when I had consistent freezing issues.

12. Bax

Bax Orange Mushroom

Nov 30, 2020
    Male
    Paragax; Qishop
    Marksman
    Perion
    For those who wondered how many clients can be run on the M1 MacBook Pro. I am in the process of testing out the what is the maximum multiclient that can be run on the M1. A post will be made soon - as soon as I have time to write it with pretty pictures of course.

I am also limited to 4 clients because I only have 4 accounts atm kek. I will enter a map with all 4 characters and smash mobs and record my findings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. dumdumdum

dumdumdum Blue Snail

Feb 18, 2021
    MacOS version: Catalina
    Describe the error: I extended my trial period to 2024 (lol), but whenever I try to run Legends, I get an error saying that "this is an evaluation version of CrossOver, and this bottle expired 1 days ago. Please purchase a license to use this bottle."
    Last Run Log: Haven't gotten it to run yet and it does not show with the instructions above.

14. snauman

snauman Blue Snail

Mar 15, 2021
    Snauman
    Describe the error: I extended my trial period to 2025 but whenever I try to run Legends, I get an error saying that "this is an evaluation version of CrossOver, and this bottle expired 1 days ago. Please purchase a license to use this bottle."
    Last Run Log: It does not show with the instructions above.

Attached Files:

15. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Step 1: Create a new win98 bottle.
    Step 2: Go to ~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles
    Step 3: Go to the newly created win98 bottle, copy "system.reg", "user.reg", "userdef.reg", then paste to Maplelegends 2021 March folder, replace the file.

Try opening maplelegend, it should work!

(special thanks to Deku for figuring this out)

16. WVFFLELL

WVFFLELL Blue Snail

Mar 21, 2021
    Male
    7:13 AM
    lSparklingl
    I/L Wizard
    MacOS version: Big Sur
    Describe the error: I tried to fix bottle expired with the instructions but after that, I got another error when trying to open MapleLegend. The Error said "Could not determine installation date, Please uninstall CrossOver and reinstall it again." which I've tried to re-installed CrossOver but still got the same error.

Attached Files:

17. snauman

snauman Blue Snail

Mar 15, 2021
    Snauman
    Thanks Nise. I followed the instructions.

Describe the error: I get "Could not determine installation date. Please uninstall CrossOver and reinstall again."

Attached Files:

18. snauman

snauman Blue Snail

Mar 15, 2021
    Snauman
    I found a fix to the problem.

Instead of doing these steps:

Step 3: Go to the newly created win98 bottle, copy "system.reg", "user.reg", "userdef.reg", then paste to Maplelegends 2021 March folder, replace the file.

I did these steps:

Step 3: Go to Maplelegends2021March, copy the "drive_c" folder, then paste it to the win98 bottle folder. Say "Yes" when it asks you to replace.
    Step 4: Start up CrossOver. Select the win98 bottle (you created this back in step 1). Now, double-click "Run Command".
    Step 5: Run Command should've opened up. Click the "Browse..." button.
    Step 6: Now the tricky part. While browsing, it's very important that you select the "drive_c" folder, specifically the one you had pasted into the win98 bottle folder, otherwise this won't work. So browse and open "drive_c", then the "MapleLegends" folder, then open "MapleLegends.exe"

The game started up and worked perfectly after I did these steps. Hope this helps!

19. kebbe

kebbe Snail

Mar 21, 2021
    2:13 AM
    Beginner

By following this I got it to work! Thanks

20. WVFFLELL

WVFFLELL Blue Snail

Mar 21, 2021
    Male
    7:13 AM
    lSparklingl