1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for MAC [NEW] MacOS Installation Guide & FAQ

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Nise, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Midas21

Midas21 Red Snail

Oct 27, 2023
    8:24 AM
    After trying several times, I'm also getting this message below...

Attached Files:

2. killerb3

killerb3 Blue Snail

Jun 17, 2023
    Male
    Never mind, ever since last patch its freezing all the time again..

Character freeze fix (at least for me)

Mac M1 2020 running multiclients on crossover

After a lot of trial and error i've found a way to deal with character freeze for me.
    Don't know why it works, but it does for me at least.

Click View all characters
    Click around a bit on you characters (only single clicks as not to select)
    Back again
    Select Legends
    Select channel with arrows and enter
    Use arrow keys to shuffle a bit between characters
    Give a couple of seconds before clicking enter on selected character.
    If you dont wait for some seconds before finally selecting the character it freezes almost every single time. Would be interesting to hear if the fix works for the other ones running Crossover on Mac.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2023
  3. xMatchaLatte

xMatchaLatte Red Snail

Dec 4, 2021
    2:24 PM
    Cleric
    hi!! how do you run multi client on mac?

4. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    2:24 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Which method are you using the run the game on Mac OSX?

The original post has instructions on how to multi-client with both methods.

Here's a new screenshot should you be using the newer version of Crossover, as the UI has updated, but the method remains the same:

[​IMG]

5. Midas21

Midas21 Red Snail

Oct 27, 2023
    Is there a way to get Parallels for free? Or extend the trial?

6. Tyen

Tyen Blue Snail

Nov 4, 2023
    Male
    11:24 PM
    Tyen
    Night Lord
    Cult
    You can extend your parallels trial simply by altering the clock in your mac settings to any date before you started the trial.

7. LeonShani

LeonShani Blue Snail

Oct 4, 2023
    Female
    Assassin
    Can't click on my character - every time I try to enter the game the client freezes. The latest patch is installed.
    Does someone have a workaround?
    I used to enter after trying to delete my character with a false DOB but now that doesn't work either.

8. Kiz

Kiz Blue Snail

Oct 13, 2023
    Male
    4:24 PM
    Have you tried not clicking and instead pressing 'enter' - I find that on the character selection screen the less clicking the better.

9. Aja313

Aja313 Snail

Dec 11, 2023
    Male
    1:24 AM
    Beginner
    Howdy! I am very very new to this! So new that I am struggling to download the game on my mac. I have so far gotten it downloaded and opened through connectand was able to open the bottle of the download however when it's time to launch the game and start it nothing happens. Is anyone able to give me any insight as to what might be the problem? I appreciate any help you can provide. :)

10. LeonShani

LeonShani Blue Snail

Oct 4, 2023
    Female
    Assassin
    I did try that, basically only pressing enter, nothing helps/...

11. kimchii

kimchii Blue Snail

Feb 28, 2020
    3:24 PM
    Client: Crossover
    MacOS version: Ventura 13.4.1
    Describe the error:
    When I try to open Crossover (by right clicking), an error pops up saying "Initialization Failure CrossOver is unable to initialize a critical component" and references a file called "libcxsetupbase.py".

I've looked online for solutions and tried to edit the file above, but it did not work.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  12. forestjelly

forestjelly Blue Snail

Mar 16, 2022
    Female
    11:24 PM
    I/L Wizard
    Hi! Posted a new thread with the same problem as above, not sure what else to do...

Client: Crossover
    MacOS version: Ventura 13.5
    Describe the error: "Initialization Failure CrossOver is unable to initialize a critical component" and references a file called "libcxsetupbase.py" using Crossover v21. Downloaded Crossover v23 and have bottle for ML but app won't open

13. gw853

gw853 Snail

Jan 6, 2024
    **EDIT: If anyone has this issue, it was because I didn't have enough storage space to create the bottle**
    Client:
    Crossover
    MacOS version: Catalina 10.15.5
    Describe the Error: No matter what I do (redownloading, etc) I keep getting the "Bottle creation failed" error for the new Dec28 patch from Crossover 20.0.4. It says "
    MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/Sound/Bgm13.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/Sound/Bgm07.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/Sound/BgmSG.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/Sound/BgmJp3.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/Sound/Reactor.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/Sound/BgmJp2.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/Sound/Bgm06.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/Sound/Bgm12.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/Consume.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/NameChange.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/TransferWorld.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/GuestEULA.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/Cash.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/Pet.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/Etc.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/MonsterBook.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/Npc.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/EULA.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/Mob.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/ToolTipHelp.img: Can't create 'MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/ToolTipHelp.img'

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/Ins.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/TestEULA.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/Skill.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/Map.img: Write failed

MapleLegendsMAC28Dec2023/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/String/TrialEULA.img: Write fa"

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
  14. Cloudia

Cloudia Snail

Jan 9, 2024
    Female
    9:24 AM
    Client: Wineskin
    MacOS version: High Sierra
    Describe the error: I followed all the steps, but my client still won't launch. I tried all the solutions listed but no result. I click on "Play MapleLegends" and Wineskin pops up every single time.

Thanks! x

15. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    Wish you didn’t have to pay a sub just to run maple :< or Am I doing it wrong

16. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    • Like Like x 1