1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for MAC [NEW] MacOS Installation Guide & FAQ

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Nise, Mar 16, 2021.

1. XuCaNa

XuCaNa Snail

May 18, 2023
    Male
    5:23 PM
    MacOS Monterey 12.5 Pro M2 chip.
    I did all the steps with Crossover (21.0). The ML icon bounces and disappears.
    Any help?

2. LunaMoon

LunaMoon Snail

Feb 20, 2019
    Female
    8:23 AM
    LunaMoon
    Islander
    Client: Crossover
    MacOS version: iMac Ventura, M1 chip
    Describe the error: Game doesn't launch. When double click ML client in Crossover, it just does that icon growing motion and doesn't do anything else.
    Last Run Log:

3. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    9:23 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Hello! Im in a Ventura 13.0. Installed the monterey version of cross over, and the game wont even launch! Tried the "game doesnt launch" option but it doesnt work. Help!

4. killerb3

killerb3 Blue Snail

Jun 17, 2023
    Male
    1:23 AM
    MacOS version: iMac Ventura, M1 chip
    Describe the error: I am able to log in, but game freezes when I try to select character. I have tried the points listed in guide without luck.
    *Select your character and press "enter" on your keyboard.
    *Do not select a world, pressing "view all characters" and enter using your mouse.
    *Restart your computer.

Hopefully someone can help me resolve the issue..

5. TooRaw4You

TooRaw4You Blue Snail

Jul 4, 2023
    Male
    BackFromTheDead
    Beginner
    i keep getting an initialize faliure with crossover it says cross over is unable to initialize a critical componet
    failed to run python script /applications/crossover.app/contents/resources/libcxsetupbase.py
    im not sure what to do please help

6. TooRaw4You

TooRaw4You Blue Snail

Jul 4, 2023
    Male
    BackFromTheDead
    Beginner
    Im on a 2022 macbook 13 in M2 with Ventura 13.4.1 is it even possible for me to play maple legends on this mac any help would be great trying to reconnect with my brother with some nostalgia gaming

7. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    9:23 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    So, there is another way to play maple, specially on M1. You'll have to download and crack parallels desktop, install windows on it and play it normally. It is surprisingly light! And runs really smooth on Air M1 (8gb ram)

It has to be the specific version stated on this github thread tho:
    - https://github.com/andrewssobral/parallels_desktop_crack_18.0.1-53056

That's what i've been using for the past month.

• Like Like x 2
  8. misskorea

misskorea Snail

Apr 3, 2020
    Female
    8:23 PM
    misskorea
    Assassin
    MacOS version: Ventura 13.1
    Describe the error: 'Bottle creation failed' when trying to create a bottle from maplelegends cxarchive

gzip: /Applications/MapleLegendsMAC8Jun2023-SoundFix.cxarchive: unexpected end of file

gzip: /Applications/MapleLegendsMAC8Jun2023-SoundFix.cxarchive: uncompress failed

commands left of pipe 1 failed: 1

MapleLegendsMAC8Jun2023-SoundFix/drive_c/MapleLegends/Data/Character/Weapon/01702342.img: Truncated tar archive

tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

( ( /usr/bin/gzip -d -c /Applications/MapleLegendsMAC8Jun2023-SoundFix.cxarchive || echo "commands left of pipe 1 failed: $?" >&2 ) | ( cd "/Users/~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/tmp-cxbottle-62602" && tar xf - ) ) 2>&1 returned 256

cxbottle:error: unable to extract the bottle from '/Applications/MapleLegendsMAC8Jun2023-SoundFix.cxarchive'

9. blankshot

blankshot Snail

Sep 1, 2023
    Beginner
    Hi Guys! Im on a M1 mac (monterey 12.5) and followed the steps and exhausted options 1-4. Any help would be super duper appreciated!

Client: Crossover 21.0
    MacOS version: Monterey 12.5
    Describe the error: The game won't start up. I open and it crashes before I see anything.
    Last Run Log:
    CrossOver 21.0.0.33720
    macOS Version 10.16 (Build 21G72)
    Install location: /Users/blank/Applications/CrossOver.app
    Mac Locale: en_US

CXConfig->read(/Users/blank/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/etc/CrossOver.conf)
    CXConfig->read(/Users/blank/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/CrossOver.conf)
    2685: Grabbing the '/var/folders/rp/mc3zq69j4qn4bt14c1x333280000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000012-21021a6.lock' lock
    2685: Got the '/var/folders/rp/mc3zq69j4qn4bt14c1x333280000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000012-21021a6.lock' lock
    CXConfig->read(/Users/blank/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MapleLegends/cxbottle.conf)
    2685: Releasing the '/var/folders/rp/mc3zq69j4qn4bt14c1x333280000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000012-21021a6.lock' lock
    CXRWConfig->new(/Users/blank/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MapleLegends/cxmenu.conf)
    '/Users/blank/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MapleLegends/cxmenu.conf' not modified -> no need to save
    Starting 'StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/MapleLegends.lnk'
    system encoding='UTF-8'
    Exec-ing '"/Users/blank/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wine" --bottle "MapleLegends" --check --wait-children --start "C:/users/crossover/Start Menu/MapleLegends.lnk" --cx-log -'
    0024:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
    0024:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
    rosetta error: LDT 100f3e702d831bf not supported

10. nirma

nirma Blue Snail

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    Hi Nise!

First of all, thank you for all of your hard work putting this guide together. I have played MapleLegends on Mac in the past without issue via your guide. However, I am now trying to download it again and am having trouble. I have Crossover 21 installed but when I run Legends the Mushroom icon pops up, and then immediately disappears without any error message. I have seen others with this issue and have tried your solutions but unfortunately no change. Any help is greatly appreciated:

Client: Crossover 21.0.0
    MacOS version: Monterey 12.1
    Describe the error: Game does not launch, no message

11. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    12:23 AM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    I've been running the same before but I can't get past the "Failed to find proper screen mode for GR2D" if trying to run in full res. Do you have the same issue?

12. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hd 2 traditionally has been somewhat unstable on Mac, I always use hd1 for that reason.

13. EricChandler

EricChandler Blue Snail

Sep 16, 2023
    Male
    7:23 AM
    Fighter
  14. SweetPolin

SweetPolin Blue Snail

Mar 11, 2023
    Female
    Bishop
    Hello,

MacBook Pro 2019
    Mac OS - Sonoma v.14
    CrossOver 23.5.0

I'm not exactly sure what's going on today, but I have been having so many issues trying to play on maple. Last night I had no issues.

The first issue I'm running into started when I tried to get on my mule using the duplicate client I have on cross over. Anytime I logged on it would let me input my log in, but once I tried both variations of selecting my character the whole client would just crash. Now it takes over 10 minutes to log in because the main client I use for my main character just freezes when I select my character. So I'm having to close it all out, and retry 100x, and even restart my laptop until I get lucky and it logs me in one of the times.

Now the 2nd issue I'm running into is that I can't even full screen the game, which wasn't an issue early this morning. Ive always used command + return (equiv. to alt + enter) with no issues until today. The second I do command + return the game freezes. I'm blind and can't play the game in window mode.

I have completely deleted everything and redownloaded/reinstalled. If I can just toggle full screen mode that would be nice.

15. Bingsu

Bingsu Slime

Mar 14, 2018
    Female
    8:23 AM
    Magician, Cleric
    same issue here, whenever i logged onto my main account my client would just be pitch black (with the bgm of the town i'm at playing) OR it would completely freeze at the page where i'm trying to select my character. this doesn't happen on my mules i'm so confused :/ i have to log in like 5 to 10 times before it can finally work

16. Kiz

Kiz Blue Snail

Oct 13, 2023
    Male
    11:23 AM
    Hey all, sent this in the Discord but thought I should also post here in case.

Is anyone with a MBP M1 able to launch ML with CrossOver without an external display?

For me no matter what I try I am only able to launch ML through CrossOver with an external display. The ML icon opens with just the native display but nothing loads unless I plug the external display in. Have tried different resolutions etc. Only way I can get it to run on my Macbook alone is if I load it up first with the external display and then unplug it!

17. Kiz

Kiz Blue Snail

Oct 13, 2023
    Male
    11:23 AM
    Just in case anyone else out there is having this issue - I've actually found a fix with the help of a comment from @Thanat0s on Discord from way back in July! It must be a resolution or frame rate issue with the MBP M1 native display. When I use the BetterDisplay app and change/force the resolution on my native display to match my external monitor and set the frame rate to 60Hz it loads perfectly!

Also for those having issues with the older version of CrossOver (e.g. the rundlll32 error) I am using CrossOver Version 23.6 (newest available on their website) and I have had no issues other than as mentioned above^

18. hobiriam2023

hobiriam2023 Blue Snail

Oct 23, 2023
    Female
    8:23 PM
    Beginner
    hi someone pls help
    Client
    : Wineskin
    MacOS version: Mojave 14.1
    Describe the error: freezes when i select a character

I tried everything but I don't know what to do anymore

19. ames

ames Snail

Aug 9, 2023
    Female
    Hi, I'm having issues loading the application in Crossover and get the following error message when trying to install the Maplelegends bottle...when I click run the game after it pops up for like 2 seconds then disappears, is there any solution to this issue?

Attached Files:

20. Midas21

Midas21 Red Snail

Oct 27, 2023
    1:23 AM
    Hi there! I'm unable to launch the client. Can anyone help me get it to work?

Client
    : Crossover
    MacOS version: Ventura 13.4.2 (2023 MacBook Pro M2 Max)
    Describe the error: Icon pops up in Dock and disappears again. Nothing happens.