1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Map & Mob changes: February 19, 2021

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Feb 19, 2021.

1. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:07 AM
    iPippy
    I'd have to see the numbers come in, but I wanna see how a hero/dk fares standing exactly where pally does. Regardless of the left head blocking blasts, by enabling head cleave, a hero/dk in theory can skip wing/arm cleave and just steal the pally's rock (the only place they could stand). The damage difference between hero/Dk and pally wasnt even that large in single target ele neutral situation. Add in the ability for left head to take tons of damage at the same time, and why would I ever want a pally? Even if the left head wasnt blocking blasts, hero in theory would almost double the output of pally, be able to arm cleave when needed, and provide cider support relief. Competent heroes/dks previously knew what to do and when to cleave and have always put out solid numbers.

And I cant see a viable fix for this, outside of releasing nt2. Upping flat damage makes elemental scaling strong everywhere else (though elemental-based content really doesnt matter as much), upping ACB removes their "single target focus" that gutted hh (and acb doesnt even always hit left head after the hitbox shift).

Tl;dr why hit 1 head when you can hit 2 for 100% damage?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:07 AM
    iPippy
    I've not been in fight myself to feel it out, but from what I've seen and heard, we operate the exact same as before. In fact, the higher hitbox might make uppercutting/flash fistinf left head more reliable, in the situations that's needed. We always had the ability to pivot to mid head demos just fine since the ducking affects us less, and will likely see a larger focus on doing mid head damage to compliment the coming hero/dk meta.

3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:07 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Just make mid-head taller. It'll be especially fun for NLs who still think they can FJ over.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:07 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Hard agree here. Also worth noting that Paladin single target damage is actually worse than archer single target (even with SI + SE and optimal 2h normal speed sword).

5. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    6:07 PM
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Hi, is there any particular reason to remove the iframe from bigfoots?
    Just feels this change makes it a bit less authentic.

6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:07 PM
    Moderator Post
    GMS also did this as early as v67, only a few versions after Bigfoot was released.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    6:07 PM
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    I see. Thank you Kimmy :pinkbean: