1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ellin's New Chapter

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hiyo, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    8:00 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Table of Contents
    1. Introduction
    2. New Quests
    3. New Bosses
    4. Altaire Exchange Shop
    5. TL;DR

Introduction

Recently due to the 6th Anniversary Patch, Ellin Forest maps were changed and new maps were added with mobs that are high level. This may be accidental, but even if it is accidental, this change can bring life to this region as it is a small part in a player’s journey. The additions of Ephenia and Chao, two bosses both of which can make this area relevant to higher levels by giving players ways to level up and to make money without relying on mages all too much. I also believe that with the addition of these two bosses, quest-lines of higher level and a whole system, much like that of the new Crimsonwood Keep exchange, should be considered. The system I am willing to suggest is much bigger in general than the single addition of an exchange.

New Quests

*Disclaimer: I am not too invested in general lore, so you can do what fits best for lore.
    **Note: Quests below are just examples

Quests are a good way to continue the lore of the region from where it last stopped. The continuation of the questline should resume upon reaching level 100, as the mobs and bosses are much higher level as well as it prevents potential mass muling on lower levels. On top of the questline that continues the story and unlocks the fight to the bosses, you can create weekly quests that are unlocked after completing the questline, examples of such quests can be:

[​IMG]

Quest Name: Low on Supplies
    Objective: Collect
    300 [​IMG] Black Mushroom Spore
    300 [​IMG] Moss Snail Shell
    300 [​IMG] Tree Trunk
    300 [​IMG] Rubble
    300 [​IMG] Tough Leather

Reward: 4 [​IMG] Shiny Altaire Stone

[​IMG]

Quest Name: Purifying the Forest
    Objective: Collect 100 [​IMG] Polluted Matter from Shining Fairy and Ancient Fairy

Reward: 6 [​IMG] Shiny Altaire Stone

[​IMG]

Quest Name: Eliminating Violent Boars
    Objective: Kill 999 Violent Primitive Boars

Reward: 6 [​IMG] Shiny Altaire Stone

[​IMG]

Quest Name: Fairy Studies
    Objective: Collect 200 [​IMG] Shining Fairy’s Wings and 200 [​IMG] Ancient Fairy’s Wings

Reward: 4 [​IMG] Shiny Altaire Stone

The purpose of the Reward is to serve as a way to use these Shiny Altaire Stones as currency. Athena Pierce can take these Stones in exchange for rewards that you can pick, however, more details on that later. (High level mobs should also have a very rare chance to drop Shiny Altaire Stones)

New Bosses

The area should include new bosses, Chao and Ephenia. I believe that these bosses should be fairly challenging, so a short timer and a maximum expedition of 6 members can attempt the boss, and two entries per day. Loot can be various gachapon exclusive 30% scrolls as well as 60% scrolls, where the 30% scrolls are very rare. In addition, equipment can drop ranging from lvl90-100 including both weapons and armor. Some of the rarer armors and weapons such as female warrior armor and crossbows are good additions to the loot. Bosses should also drop 0~3 Shiny Altaire Stones.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ephenia has 14.25m HP and Chao has 6.375m HP. I believe that their HP should be atleast 50m with a 10minute timer (imagine another Jiaoceng bossfight). The bosses should reward a fair amount of EXP as well. Given their potentially good drop table, the EXP shouldn’t be too high, somewhere around 2-2.5mil sounds good (exp given under 1x values). The bosses can also be given an item needed to enter the room, with a daily quest to receive said item, much like Ravana and Scarlion/Targa.

Altaire Exchange Shop

[​IMG]

So this is the part where the Altaire stones come in handy. This is basically a permanent exchange list that you can get prizes from. Athena Pierce will be responsible for the exchange, and the exchange list can look something like this:

150 [​IMG] Shiny Altaire Stone

[​IMG] Ephenia’s Ring [Unique] [One-of-a-kind]
    Code:

+3 STR
    +3 DEX
    +3 INT
    +3 LUK
    +300 HP
    +300 MP
    5 Slots

40 [​IMG] Shiny Altaire Stone

[​IMG] Random 30% Scroll Raffle (should have a pool of 30s that are generally very good and some bad ones like def)

25 [​IMG] Shiny Altaire Stone

[​IMG] Ephenia’s Beefy Soul Shard

“A part of Ephenia’s soul, it appears to have properties of her physical strength. Use this on Ephenia’s Ring for a 50% chance to gain +2 STR.”

[​IMG] Ephenia’s Swift Soul Shard

“A part of Ephenia’s soul, it appears to have properties of her swift wings. Use this on Ephenia’s Ring for a 50% chance to gain +2 DEX.”

[​IMG] Ephenia’s Wise Soul Shard

“A part of Ephenia’s soul, it appears to have properties of her wisdom. Use this on Ephenia’s Ring for a 50% chance to gain +2 INT.”

[​IMG] Ephenia’s Prosperous Soul Shard

“A part of Ephenia’s soul, it appears to have properties of her prosperity. Use this on Ephenia’s Ring for a 50% chance to gain +2 LUK.”

[​IMG] Ephenia’s Hearty Soul Shard

“A part of Ephenia’s soul, it appears to have properties of her good health. Use this on Ephenia’s Ring for a 50% chance to gain +120 HP.”

15 [​IMG] Shiny Altaire Stone

[​IMG] AP Reset

3 [​IMG] Shiny Altaire Stone

[​IMG] Altarian Apple

“A delicious apple grown in the luscious forests of Altaire, upon consumption gain +40 Attack and +60 Magic Attack for 5 minutes.”

The exchange list is supposedly a permanent addition, so it should have rewards of value, of personal benefit and takes time to get the rewards on the list. If you are able to get an average of 25 Stones a week, it will take you 6 weeks to acquire the ring and 1 week per soul shard. The success rate on the soul shard is there to make the content not lose significance and retain replayability while not giving a massive boost of stats in just one or two attempts. To those who care about minmaxing their ring, this process will require a lot of luck and time.

Tl;DR

New maps can open a new way to introduce mid-game and end-game content. Ways to make HP washing optional, speed up washing and a way for players to make money.

------------------

I personally got excited seeing the new boars at Ellin and wrote this whole thing in hopes that Ellin can become something relevant and new to all of us. This is simply an idea of mine and I wanted to share it with the community in hopes to create a discussion around the idea of elevating Ellin into a low level region into a higher level region with new content for us. Let's discuss and share ideas so this someday becomes a reality!

Foxpat

• Great Work Great Work x 28
    • Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    12:00 AM
    +1 for new questline (and ring)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:00 PM
    Moderator Post
    I know the server above us revamped Ellin a lot, but I never really looked much into that. It was my intention to also add the 2 bosses, but honestly my energy to work on maps ran a bit dry and I stopped work on it completely, and then forgot to lock down the cave like the slacker I am. Ellin was completely unfinished, like the patch notes stated, so I am completely open for ways to improve it, whenever its new content, or inspired from the server above us.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]
    Great thought out post!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Bergboy

Bergboy Orange Mushroom

Mar 16, 2020
    Male
    1:00 AM
    Bishop
    A G A P E
    Gj Hee Yo, was pretty exciting to read

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I'd argue specific numbers for raffles and such (especially nr of stones to participate in a raffle for APR vs scroll) should be left open. as people (me included) will stare blindly at those and start arguing the details.

Regarding the suggestion/thread: I absolutely love it. I'd argue we could do with more high(er) level areas with more quests and not just grinding. I'd also argue that higher level areas should differentiate from lower lvl areas through not just high(er) dmg, as that is very frustrating for those who do not want to wash or want to wash minimally. I already cannot play ToT past the RoR because the mobs 2-hit me and it is very stressful to grind there (and I already have washed enough to have more HP than a clean lvl200 character of my class would have). I would love a differentiation based on entry-requirements, Avoid stat differences, maybe give the mobs some debuffs. :)

Can we also include quests or gameplay elements that facilitate party play? Like the party coin thing we have in the event right now. You could add a quest with a party-killcounter that counts party kills the same way we have the party points in this event. That would be pretty cool to add and incentivizes party play (because you need to actively kill mobs yourself as well).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Adrian707717

Adrian707717 Orange Mushroom

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    1:00 AM
    UncleDumble
    Bishop
    Got the adrenaline rush just by reading this ! I think it'll be a great addition to the server making more party plays for the high levels and enjoying maple like how it supposed to be enjoyed... with friends :D !

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    1:00 PM
    DMsRebirth
    Regarding the bosses, I do not think they should be made into something resembling Jiaoceng for high level folks, because it's not like we don't have enough bosses for high level around, and they're very boring fights mechanically (makes sense when you consider that the HP total they have on official are basically designed to keel over within seconds). Instead, they would be perfect for filling in the complete dearth of non-grinding activity for high level 3rd job on this server right now.

This would create a problem in that there's nothing stopping high level people from doing lower level contents, so the rewards for these bosses either need to be much more experience oriented (something like 15 or lower:1 on HP:exp ratio) than money oriented (which honestly is fine; would make it very simple to implement since no complex consideration is needed to think about the balance of the rewards or the kind of impact they would have on the economy, and for 3rd job folks the focus is to get to 4th job quickly anyways as 4th job is a huge power spike for all classes), or either the rewards or the boss themselves need to be somehow locked off from high level people. It should be obvious that I consider the "experience > money" approach superior.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Tbh, I don't think this suits the current direction of Ellin Forest very well, but I do agree we could use more Capt. Latanica-esque boss content for 3rd job.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    +1 more content, another ring and more bosses is always fun

11. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    1:00 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    More content is good content

12. OP
    OP
    Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    8:00 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    shameless bump as we got teases through the updated map and library info uwu

Credits to MineyMiney for sharing it on discord and bringing attention to it!
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  13. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    10:00 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    IT'S HAPPENING!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2