1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Soul Arrow

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by day4day, Sep 15, 2021.

1. day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    4:22 AM
    Beginner
    I was just wondering, i'm making a archer as new main, and some ppl told me that the skill Soul Arrow do not consider the arrow att you use (like diamond arrows for exemple, +4 att is cancelled if u use Soul Arrow), for late game archers (and every other class if im not wrong) 4 att makes a huge difference on your DPM/DPS. Isn't better change thee skill to not affect the arrow attack you using? For marksman is not a big difference becouse they dont spend much arrows like bowmaster. If this will change much the gameplay of the game, im sorry, i was just wondering this suggestion.

2. ctjh1996

ctjh1996 Slime

Jun 12, 2020
    Male
    3:22 PM
    Coolleb96; Mamypoko
    Beginner, Bishop
    If not BM will be broken and will have so many use slots that they can potentially stack Many pots and maybe not leave cave

The whole point of soul arrow I guess is to make things situational. For long runs where the attack different is insignificant and I want to conserve arrows for a better situation (eg. Caring multiple runs in HT, I use soul arrow for 12 mans and diamond arrows for 6 mans and especially the heads)

Hope this helps. Otherwise u need to keep “repotting ” by either using an NLC mule or going back to deadman gorge. Fair trade off from NLs and Sairs since they can repot at any stores. Further, we never have to worry that we run out of “arrows” cos we will still do dmg, just less than diamond arrows

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:22 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    It really isn't tbh, the 5 atk from diamond arrows is going to work out to be like 2.5% dpm for endgame archers.

That said, I do think it wouldn't be unreasonable to at least increase the stacks of arrows for bows. As it stands, I really only use diamond arrows for PB runs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    i see.. how many arrows do u use on a entire PB run? also, i thought the difference of attack was huge, since for late game players, 1 att difference does make a huge price change (like 15 att cape and 16 att cape for exemple, the prices have a big gap between one and other). Or doesn't?

Helped alot, im still noob about this class tho. I'll think about on it when i get a higher lvl on it.

5. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    12:22 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Soul Arrow stacking with arrows wouldn't make much sense. It would mean one would be able to get a free permanent +5 att with no strings just by virtue of having a single arrow in your inventory. Casting Soul Arrow would have to at least consume arrows like Shadow Claw, which would be cute but would be a radical change to the skill.

Would be nice if you could recharge arrows or buy them in much bigger bulk though. Buying 80k arrows from Showa 1k at a time, or 80k diamond arrows 2k at a time but having to click the npc and scroll down each time with every purchase is incredibly dumb.

That's just how price scaling works. The cost of each att increases exponentially past a certain point as it gets much harder to create such an item and min-maxing is the name of the game.

6. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:22 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If you look at it in terms of how much you have to pay for 1 atk in the lategame, then yes 5 atk is huge. However when you get to that point, you are scraping for a couple % of damage with each upgrade. Performance at the highest level is far more dependent on player skill rather than marginal gear optimizations.

I think I use roughly ~30k arrows per PB run

7. OP
    OP
    day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Huuum.. nice, nice. Thanks mate, this helped alot. Since im new on the archer class, i thought this could be implemented to improve the archer gameplay. But i'll keep trying to learn more about the class. Ty ty <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1