1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shanghai/Kaede Castle

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by mettzi, Apr 19, 2015.

1. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    5:59 PM
    NSFW
    what kind of shit logic is that

2. Bobbykimchee

Bobbykimchee Pac Pinky

Feb 1, 2015
    Male
    2:59 PM
    What* that?*
    Mind your grammar please. Seriously though. If you keep adding end-game content, youll just end up like GMS. You think people will be satisfied with the addition of ToT? No. After ToT, then what? Whats there to do? Might as well throw in Empress Cygnus right? People will eventually get bored of it and it'll just be another HT/Zakum. Whats wrong with that? Well, you ruin the integrity of a v62 server.
    Maplestory, especially pre-bb Maplestory, is not a game that has a strong end-game. If you play a v62 server to play for the end game content, then you're definitely in the wrong server, buddy.

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:59 AM
    Moderator Post
    Just giving my thought here. The reason why most people hate the newer MapleStory is because of the newer features, not the content. To be honest the most people I hear that hate new MapleStory is how more complicated and more features it had (most features being Pay2Win). New maps do not really give new features, it only adds on new content to train on. I could be wrong here, but I think most people do not mind extra map content since you are not forced to use them, while for new features such as cubes, you are forced to deal with it.

There's maps however that are very OP compared to other maps, which is something I will keep obviously in mind. Also, I have no plans to add any Big Bang maps and such, because as expected they do not belong in v62 play style, similar how I think Big Bang nx misfits completely due to changed style.

P.S: This is in no way a comment that I am planning to add a lot of maps in-game. This mostly is how my thoughts are, and how I think most people's thoughts are about new vs old maplestory, which could be wrong. Anyone is free to give their thought.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    2:59 AM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    pretty much sums up what i think about it (x

I don`t mind more maps/bosses/pq`s from any version*as long as it gets balanced*, but I hate all the additional features like potentials and all the unbalanced jobs that later versions have

TL;TR: more/new maps <3

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shendizz

Shendizz Orange Mushroom

Dec 30, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:59 AM
    Jelamee
    Pirate
    Aqulia
    Tbh as a MSEA player, Shanghai map brings back alot of old and nostalgic memories. I remember always staying at the first two maps (the 2nd being like a mini FM), and hunting 100 chicken feet and duck eggs for the +800 HP/MP pots. Good times :3
    GMS did not have it, so the addition would be a new experience to majority of the players? It is also nostalgic and brings back old and good memories. It is new content, introducing bosses, mobs and the like to spice up the game. Personally, I cannot see much cons to introducing this.
    Looking forward to this addition, no matter how long it will take FoxF2
    Just my two cents :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:59 AM
    Now you reminded me. Hunting ducks and sheep or what not for the pot exhange quest was the last thing I was doing before I quit old-MS.

7. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    This is the place where the Castellan Toad boss exists I believe. He's basically impossible for you to kill in this version, though. He does too much damage. You need to have tons of HP... Plus, I believe this area drops a lot of really powerful scrolls.

I really liked the content, and the JQ to get to Castellan. I would like it if his damage was nerfed a bit to not require stupid amounts of HP washing. The scroll drops may want to be looked into for balance. Otherwise, in general +1. I'm all for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. House M.D.

House M.D. Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2015
    Shanghai came out very early in MSEA. Like, before 4th job was released even. I'm pretty sure it was around April 2007.

Shanghai had the Centipede boss, but it was a low-level boss. I had a lvl ~100 DK at the time and remember being surprised at how easy it died.

You were only supposed to be able to enter the Centipede boss area like once or twice a day, but initially there was a bug and you could enter unlimited times. I remember the HUGE line of people just spam clicking the military girl NPC trying to enter. (the map could only have one person inside at a time so you could only enter after whoever was inside exited the map)

Centipede boss dropped Power Elixirs (100% rate) and also 60% scrolls at a high rate (like you would get a scroll maybe 1 out of 2 times) so everybody was trying to kill Centipede.

By the time they patched the bug, I acquired like 2000 power elixirs and a bunch of scrolls and made $$$. Good times!

9. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    i never thought that there would be people who didn't know the definition of the word grammar. at any rate, don't point out the incorrectness of others' english unless your own is 100% perfect. which it isn't.
    yes
    oh oops
    bossing probably. bigfoot. trying to perfect your gear
    bossing probably. bigfoot. trying to perfect your gear
    what kind of shit logic is that
    no i don't think so, because v62 didn't have op gear like v83 did, so we won't be able to kill her ever. i don't think you can even kill a pink bean using v62 gears
    okay, you go ahead and make a maple server that is just v62 and nothing else with no extra content. report back here and tell us all how successful that was.
    you're not even at endgame so why are you bashing endgame content? adding ToT will add a good year of extra end-game content before the elite get too strong for it
    lol, so you're saying that just because there is no content for high-level players that we shouldn't even try to have content for them? fuck 'em, who needs 'em right? i mean, while we're at it, why don't we delete leafre and 4th job, disable mastery books (and the ability to stack them), get rid of bigfoot, disable scrolling and throw away gachapon? because i mean, hey, there's a lack of end-game content so why even try to have a little bit of it, right? if people want to get to that high level in the game, fuck them for wasting their time. right?

• Like Like x 4