1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Disable Item Expiration From Stage 5 of CWKPQ

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gurk, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Gurk

Gurk Headless Horseman

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    6:55 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    As the title suggests, I am asking that items dropped in The Test of Unity map be prevented from expiring after the usual 3 minutes, which is a feature already sometimes seen at some event maps.

Every so often in CWKPQ you might have the misfortune of running with some poor bugger who ends up misplacing one of the five weapons on the statue with the resulting mistake not being uncovered until well after the weapon has already disappeared into the void. Cue the desperate @gm's and smegas for a mythical GM to come and restore the path to the promised land as the initial feelings of dread from watching the timer slowly tick down gradually turn to resignation and doomerism.

Given that this is already an instanced map with a 15 minute timer, I see no reason as to why this map can't inherit the same property of event maps where dropped items are not subject to expiration timers. By doing so, we can prevent this senseless tragedy from ever marring another hapless band of afk gameplay connoisseurs, lessen the pestering and wasting of time of GMs, and make the world just a slightly better place.

TL;DR I lost a run of cwk today and I'm madge.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    2:55 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    The original game had a lot of unfortunate ways to accidently grief a run (PQs and bosses). The most common one is random disconnects... There's still so much that can be improved on that front.

This suggestion would be a small but good step into improving the party experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Americans

Americans Red Snail

Dec 15, 2021
    9:55 PM
    Allowing disconnected people to return in cwkpq would be nice

• Agree Agree x 1