1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

new player class question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fipp, Jul 9, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    fipp

fipp Mano

Jul 8, 2023
    Male
    11:44 PM
    fipp
    So have the HP challenges been implemented yet? I thought they haven't? Can you do them later when you didnt wash now?
    Sorry it's all a bit confusing sometimes

2. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    3:44 PM
    Corsair
    Washing these high HP goals isn't realistic for ur first character. Just go with the HP challenges system, and perhaps once you've spent some time on the server you'll have a better idea of what high HP goal washing looks like, and you'll be able to make the choice on whether or not you'd like to have a new character undergo it.

For me washing was really fun since it was a chance to put some real thought and time into a character like I had never done before. For others it's a chore since you need to vote for a LONG time (well over a year depending on your goal). I've played this game on and off for years so it's not a problem for me, but if you see yourself progressing quickly and can also see yourself making multiple characters I recommend you start voting on multiple accounts as soon as possible. Either way washing is a big time commitment so really consider whether or not you can still see yourself still on the server a year from now, and if not then don't even bother.

Also if you want to make a mage be sure to put it on it's own account. Everyone I know who didn't do this regrets it trust me.

Either way Corsair is the way to go! #1 DPM and great mobbing plus a pseudo flash jump make Corsairs a very strong pick. Who cares if it's not as good as NL at Bean, it's a fantastic class with the best skill expression in the game and the highest reward for it too! Pink Bean is temporary, Battleship is permanent! (Given you dismount correctly).:p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    3:44 PM
    Corsair
    They aren't out yet, but they've gotta be close considering we're onto the second testing phase. You can do them as long as you don't have any AP's still stuck in HP/MP and you aren't over the amount of HP you'd gain from doing the challenges. So an unwashed level 200 character would still be able to do them, or a character that washed to 10k can still do them to get to 12k, given they've finished washing out any points they put into HP/MP.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    5:44 AM
    What you can do is to enjoy the game with any character without worrying about washing, while voting on a 2nd account in case you ever decide to wash beyond the challenge system’s threshold. You can vote as many accounts as your sanity allows for ML currently. But make sure you read the ToS for other servers on multi-account voting if you decide to give them a try.

When the challenge system comes, you’ll have that option opened to any of your existing and new characters. One thing I like about ML is I don’t feel the need to participate every aspect of the game. I don’t feel I’m missing out on anything as the opportunity is always there for me to pursue if I ever choose to, aside from some cosmetics which I don’t really mind.

Over the years I’ve been playing on/off, taking breaks from ML for 6-12 months in between and eventually back again with a new set of goal. My goal when I first joined ML was to 1-hit skele with my Bishop. Took a long break and came back with another goal to make a washed Shadower, with the goal of 15k hp by lv160. Then another break and next was to procure gears for Shadower so that she can equip everything with base 4 STR 25 DEX without relying on any item that will expire, part of which was to collect 300 set of monster cards for the 10 all stats ring. Followed by another 6 months break which now brings me to the ongoing 2 billion meso goal Free Market Challenge, all which I thoroughly enjoyed doing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1