1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Leech Mechanic Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Apr 3, 2023.

Is leech fine in its current state?

1. yes

40 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. no

45 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. WackyWarlock

WackyWarlock Dark Stone Golem

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    5:06 PM
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    While it would be a lot more difficult - I would not say it is impossible. If you were to setup multiple computers and controllers it could be done. Besides anyone can make a mage and leech themselves if they wanted to and get 6+ chars to 15x in about 3-4 months.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:06 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Do you really believe this is a viable alternative for anyone that wants to make meaningful progress?

If players feel like they cannot make meaningful progress they can easily be put off from the game.

This is totally beside the point of game balance. I'm not sure why you would even mention this.

• Like Like x 3
  3. WackyWarlock

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    Anyone can make meaningful progress on one character without leech. No one is being forced to make multiple mules/characters.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    That depends on who you ask. I've seen several dedicated late/endgame players that don't multimage struggle with the increasingly competitive market.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Zeya

Zeya Orange Mushroom

Aug 31, 2021
    Female
    Ireland
    10:06 PM
    Bruh did you even see who made the post...

6. WackyWarlock

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    The market/multimaging is a separate issue. If we're talking about strictly the leveling aspect people should not have any problems making progress on their character.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    When you can directly sell exp for mesos it is not a seperate issue at all...

• Like Like x 2
  8. WackyWarlock

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    No one is forcing you to buy it and from my understanding most multimages focus on farming mesos/items not selling leech.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Zeya

Zeya Orange Mushroom

Aug 31, 2021
    Female
    Ireland
    The "no one is forcing you" argument is so absurdly dismissive of a huge part of what has been stated: the fact that the insane prevelance kills the game feel.

Does that not matter whatsoever? Or will we (and I mean everyone) continue to ignore this fact entirely through another 10 pages?

Being entirely dismissive of the fun factor of a GAME because "well I don't mind it" is willful ignorance at best and actively harmful towards the long term health of the game at worst.

On the matter of just raw XP gains it's very rare for an average newer players' grinding to compare to leech rates when they can't even 5 shot grind areas, not to mention pot costs for a lot of them. Trying to get anyone to level with is near impossible at this stage, as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:06 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I agree with your point, and also after akash spoke in several chars
    I stopped to think that this might be a bit op, but if there are people who buy, and people who sell...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. WackyWarlock

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    WackyWarlock is my first character and I was able to achieve a leveling rate comparable to that of leech without any funding.

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. Zeya

Zeya Orange Mushroom

Aug 31, 2021
    Female
    Ireland
    I'm sure, but while you did others not only clearly have not but have shown the numbers they can't and haven't been able to; but methods have gotten more refined since then as well.

Once again however the main point for me every post has been to highlight the multiple times people have posted pointing out the game feel from the leech meta being horrendous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    2:06 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Using your own experience as a means to justify your opinions is fine as long as it doesn't attempt to speak for the norm. Leeching in the vacuum of a single player's perspective might be fine, but that's not what people are talking about here.

• Like Like x 2
  14. WackyWarlock

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    This not a single player's perspective. There are others that feel the same - from the poll it is split evenly 50/50 meaning not everyone agrees one way or the other. The point I'm trying to make is everyone should have the option to play the game the way that they want and although one path is slightly easier it is not as broken as people are suggesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Zeya

Zeya Orange Mushroom

Aug 31, 2021
    Female
    Ireland
    It's not all about the numbers and rates. Quite a few of the people who have shown dislike of it feel s lack of freedom due to the way it has completely killed the MMO aspect of the game for them.

The split in itself is more indicative of an issue than a non issue.
    This is an example of such.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WackyWarlock

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    So you're going to force people to play the game your way? That doesn't seem like freedom to me...

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. Zeya

Zeya Orange Mushroom

Aug 31, 2021
    Female
    Ireland
    Again you dismiss what is said; you refuse to have discussion and go to an extreme.

I don't want to force anyone to play any way but to say there's no issue when there clearly is one and that the other side of the community should be ignored and THEIR issues don't matter and we shouldn't find a middle ground is laughably self centered.

18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Here's an analogy - there's a scenic hike that takes about 30 hours of hard work or a tram ride that takes about 3 hours. The final destination is the same, but the difference is that the tram ride requires a fee and isn't as satisfying because it strips away the fundamental experience of a scenic hike. Some people here are advocating for the city to create a more efficient path that allows people to take a scenic hike for 3 hours instead of normalizing the tram ride.

In this case, you're using your own anecdotal experience (I've hiked the 30 hour path, give me a gold star) and made-up scenarios (multi-char grinding) in order to dismiss the idea that things could be made better.

• Like Like x 2
  19. WackyWarlock

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    But the thing is - both paths can take relatively the same amount of time (for one character). It is not as drastic as you make it seem. Your experience and satisfaction is from how you decide to play/what you like. Leeching can be a satisfying experience too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    For the record, my original post is asking for the tram ride fee to be increased and for it to be made slower so it makes more time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1