1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Journey to PewPew's Birb Bombard

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by kiwiz, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    3:22 PM
    The chart that was posted is great for a rough estimate, but if you ever wanted to see what the EPH would be with differing levels or a different level bishop for example, you could use this EPH calculator.

Just remember that since there's bonus exp right now that you'd have to divide your bishop EPH by 1.10 and then enter that EPH into the bishop EPH cell and then multiply the leecher exp by 1.05!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    4:22 AM
    I'll eventually update my posts' images with forum upload and alternate image hosting.
    Have updated all the non-journal threads and posts with forum uploads, and the first 10 days of Rags to Riches journal with https://catbox.moe/.

[​IMG]

Unsatisfied with the previous scrolling outcome, I decided to do some recovery scrolling by making another 22 tma earrings!

[​IMG]

Got 1 of them to +4 so it's time to 30%...

[​IMG]

...buy my earrings.. pls.. :']

[​IMG]

Wanted to scroll some 15 avo pirate shoes. But it boomed on the 4th slot after passing 2/3 30% scrolls.

Moving on, my last 2 raffles for the Summer Event:
    [​IMG]

and gacha from 9 common:
    [​IMG]

Pretty crappy pulls, with OA LUK 30 being the best among.
    Usually they go for 2mil but I decided to owl it anyway.

[​IMG]

Not sure what happened. I'll try listing it at 8.5mil in my shop then.

[​IMG]

Bought all the OA STR 10% scrolls that were in the market for another attempt on 26 STR.
    After all the booming and purchases, I'm down to almost 300mil.

[​IMG]

The plan was to pass as many 70% as possible after a 10% pass on the 1st slot, for a potential of 27 STR.

One of them managed to pass a 10% but failed 70% on the 6th slot.

So the only way was 30%, which passed on the 7th slot, bringing it to 22 STR and 3 slots left.

[​IMG]

Passed 60% on 8th, failed 60% on 9th, passed 70% on 10th.
    Am finally done with scrolling of armors for my pewpew angrymush... for now.

What's remaining are:
    Scarlion/Targa Hat: 17 STR
    Spectrum Goggles: 2 STR
    Horntail Pendant: 21 STR
    Ellin + T10 Rings: 11 STR​

All which does not require to scroll for STR, with T10 ring being the most challenging to obtain.

I can always use my 2 STR Christmas Sock and 2 STR Lunar Gloves first until the ring is ready.

Who knows, I might get lucky with 19 STR hat and 23 STR HTP. angelmush

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Thanks! And cool calculator.

I probably won't go too much into the EPH myself.
    The EPMs that I've tested are more for fun and to provide information. Hopefully they will be useful for some players as well.

4. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Previously I shared a scrolling code logic from one of the sources out there,
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...pewpews-birb-bombard.51133/page-3#post-349989

I was reading another source and simplified its scrolling code logic to:
    Code:
    Success if:
    Math.ceil(Math.random() * 100.0) <= successPercent

Math.ceil(Math.random() * 100.0) returns [1, 100]
    successPercent is an integer

scrollchance2.png

Essentially the same but instead of rolling high for success, it's rolling low for success.

The previous:
    Code:
    Success if:
    Math.random() >= 1.0 - successPercent / 100;

Math.random() returns [0.0, 1.0)
    successPercent is a double

scrollchance.png

For both cases, if a 70% scroll had failed, it meant any other scroll would've failed as well.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I didn’t play much over the weekend, so I’ll share my scrolling strategy.

I needed a 26 STR overall for my pewpew and luckily for me, there’s a lv40 pirate overall that comes with 4 STR clean available for purchase via NPC shop.

That means I’ll need to scroll 22 STR on it over 10 slots.

Since I’ve never seen any OA STR 100% scrolls, these were the four paths to scroll for at least 22 STR:

5+2+2+2+2+2+2+2+2+2 (23)
    5+5+2+2+2+2+2+2 (22)
    5+5+5+2+2+2+2 (23)
    5+5+5+5+2 (22)​

The path does not indicate the sequence of scrolling, just the sum of successful scrolls.

Because there’s at least one path that does not exceed 2x 10%/30% scrolls, there’s a good chance I’m able to attain it before my fund gets drained according to some math magic. That’s one of the deciding factors whether if I should scroll an item myself or instead, farm meso to purchase it scrolled.

This would be the available paths for scrolling exactly 22 stats if there’s 100% scroll available, as for the case for the rest of the OA scrolls:

5+2+2+2+2+2+2+2+2+1
    5+5+2+2+2+2+1+1+1+1
    5+5+2+2+2+2+2+1+1
    5+5+2+2+2+2+2+2
    5+5+5+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
    5+5+5+2+1+1+1+1+1
    5+5+5+2+2+1+1+1
    5+5+5+2+2+2+1
    5+5+5+5+1+1
    5+5+5+5+2​

Therefore it’s always better to scroll for DEX over STR when given the options, for better chance and cost if you’re going for a planned stats.

Why I’d choose to scroll STR over DEX is due to my odd, senseless goal of wanting to keep my base STR at 4.

The scrolling sequence and the % of scroll to use at each slot is another set of strategies to be explored, and the “reverse scrolling” I always adopt is a subset of it.

The above sum paths uses number partition theory with the help of this calculator, which I referenced in deciding the reasonably attainable stats, and the most suitable scroll(or to stop) for next slot after each successful or failed attempt. Each failed slot leads to next set of partitions, which offers fewer options and greater difficulty.

Also, dummy scrolling does not work. If the rng seed is based on timestamp, it’s the time of scrolling that determines the result and not any of the past results.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
  6. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    [​IMG]

Sold my failed earrings and recovered some meso.

[​IMG]

Exchanged my remaining fish coins for some summer style look.

[​IMG]

Was initially thinking of doing some card hunting but I haven't actually planned on investing fully into pewpew.

Decided to leech at Red Slimes till lv53 instead.

Gacha from 6 common, 1 rare:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nothing fancy other than Helm DEX 70% scroll.

Initially stayed for the Summer Event but seems a little underwhelming overall.
    Stopped at the spot where I can start leeching at Ghost Ship if I return.

[​IMG]

Guess that's it for now. Time to take a break from the grind/leech.
    Thanks for reading and see ya around~

• Like Like x 1