1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts about new players' well-being

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by T2Smile, Nov 28, 2023.

Do you agree new players are getting tougher to reach most of goals than before?

1. Super agree

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. Kind of agree

17 vote(s)
    21.0%
  3. Neutral

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. Kind of disagree

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  5. Strongly disagree

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. OP
    OP
    T2Smile

T2Smile Pink Teddy

Sep 24, 2023
    5:01 PM
    I have some thoughts on this one.

Is it possible to let every player create only a "player account", and demand them to fill in all gaming accounts they possess. Firstly, Only up to 2 (for instance in this case) accounts from the same "player account" can be logged in at the same time. And because different people ofc will have different "player account", checking on whether it's account sharing would somehow be easier. If someone tries to create more than one player account, punish them when they login multiple clients to bypass the 2 accounts limitation by "sharing account" would be fair enough. I think that's relatively doable if we want to limit multiclients.
    The only possible way to bypass it would be using proxy/VPN on each client window. That's not a low threshold for most people, and I believe people who tried to bypass the limitation, they wouldn't dare to do traditional multi-client farming don't they? The most profitable multi-client pattern would be pretty obvious. Even some of the cunning players succeed bypass the limitation, they will be not able to do it freely, therefore bypassing it would be less profitable.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    11:01 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    the server can probably sustain a rule like that but it'll effectively crystallize wealth on the server which in turn is bad for new players

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    9:01 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Pretty big loss for people who like pushing limits in bossing tbh. While you can argue that people shouldn’t be doing things like running duo HT, solo Zak, and duo CWK, I find pushing the limits of mechanical play and doing activities like this pretty interesting and one of the main draws for me personally is being able to pull off dumb shit like that. The effort, set up, and mechanics required for things like that set a much higher bar than multimaging and it’d be pretty disappointing to see it go as I view endgame multi bossing as one of the few activities in the game that actually require a modicum of player skill.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I've always been in a mentality of straight up stablishing a rule against event-abuse.
    Might take a bit of work at first.

But i don't think it's bad
    Keep a healthy min level, let's say 50-60 which is when people leave PQs and need meso for grinding
    Track who scores big in event raffles.
    Oh look EventMule4 won, they're naked, mule IGN that they can't change unless it pays 20k, login record, only logs during events, is not a geared up buffing mule, doesn't seem to be used for anything but events

EVENTMULE1 2 3 4 + MAIN Has been banned for Event Abuse.

Someone tries to be sneaky and trade asap? well trade record, gave winnings to Bishlover69 for no meso, boom banned
    Same with mages, it's not difficult to pinpoint the farming hotspots, just ban anyone who's multiclienting to break market, buff mules are fine , as people use them.
    Eventually people will be more and more discouraged, they will be afraid of winning big in raffles as getting announced will get them frozen and banned on their main that they spent hours

Game will heal over time.

Extra Solution, make gacha tickets have a weekly meso handout
    Have blue gachas give out 500k and Silver gachas 1mill on use, but cap them at 20m ish per account per week.

Multiboxers wont abuse as the raw meso gain will be too minimal too bother carefully splitting gachas, 20m extra per week won't make them go crazy, be it multimages where 20m is hardly an increase for their greed, and for mule abusers it's too small of a rawr reward, most mule abusers wont farm 40ish gachas a week on each character of a measly 20m per week
    New Players get extra meso if RNG doesn't bless them, it takes 40 blue gachas/ 20 silver gachas, but will help them buy potions/save for something
    If the current playerbase ACTIVELY were to cap mesos with the gacha (it wont) it'd increase the market's meso by like what... 4bill a week(assuming 200 players cap gacha), but considering the people who would actively cap every week i'd say is way less, so i'd say 1b or less a week from the whole playerbase

And this wont discourage old players from rolling gacha, once they cap they will STILL prefer to get gacha since the gains from a big-win is more than the lame meso, while newer players MAY want to save their gacha for next week but they also could roll that week for more

Buff PQs
    I still am on the idea that PQs should be more encouraged and give out a reward comparable to gachapon tickets (all but LMPQ, HPQ) in order to encourage players to do them more, once again, if there's an abuser , just announce names when someone wins big

CandyMan4 has won a Coin Pouch 5 from The Ludibium party quest , oh is it a group or 3-4 afk and 2 active carries, boom ban.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    sounds great, i happen to be holding a couple thousand gach

6. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Well like i said you're only gettin 20m a week even if you use the thousands of gacha. So...
    there's only 50 weeks a year, that's like what 1b if you commit to capping religiously, you're getting more out of using them at that point.

7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    who said they're on the same account

8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Doesn’t this just encourage people to make more accounts to farm? Go farm your weekly 20 gachas or whatever on Mage1, log off, do it again on Mage2, etc

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    an aside but TIL ST originally dropped from nintos

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Again is about 20m, could be more could be less
    If someone can genuinely just make multiple accounts, somehow farm 35ish gachapon tickets (assuming it's 30 blue and 5 silver) to get only 20m , and then move to another account.
    Or get into a mage mule, pausing your farming to let your 2nd account to loot the gachas slowly until you get 35.

And repeat all of this for measly 20m per account PER week, like...kudos to you , i wonder how long will it last sounds like a big chore for diminishing returns.

Well simple, just code it so it' gacha tickets earned since the update.

11. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    it also creates market friction by raising the value of current gach since you're getting paid not to use them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    lets code maplelegends to work on a newer engine, with new graphics and interactive npc

13. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Oh yeah because making an identical gacha ticket item with a different ID requires a newer engine.
    Use your brain before you reply bozo

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    thanks

that means the gach npc needs to accept older gach too, which requires another line or two

15. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    How is it diminishing returns? It scales linearly with time spent. Alternatively you can farm on one client and sweep on multiple mules, same potential for abuse.

16. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    it's increasing returns since less gach in system makes for higher prices

17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    MapleLegends police state era

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    6:01 PM
    Moderator Post
    I see what you mean, but I'd prefer if we managed to discourage the need for muling, rather than needing to actively police.
    For example during events, I don't think we need to actively push rules against their farming. Halloween has been the first event to see an uncapped raffle, access to APR, and pouch prizes, obtainable by actively playing butler PQ. Reward rates might have not been high, but that's just a matter of experimenting more.
    Without a timed cap, using mules to farm event content loses a lot of its reasoning; what you're doing on the mule is something you could still be doing on your main character.

I agree that PQs deserve lots of love. Won't express myself on new rewards yet specifically.

As for gachas, that is a tricky subject too, but as I mentioned earlier, I agree that they're problematic. It's gonna need some time to solve because of the big impact that they have currently.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Agreed wholeheartedly. Establishing rules and enforcement against unwanted behavior is addressing the symptom and not the cause. If incentives are designed correctly there shouldn’t be a need.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Whatever rules you might apply, people will simply find a new strategy that causes distinction from the haves and have nots/does and does nots. It's part of the game, and thankfully nobody's going hungry or becoming unhoused because of it.

• Agree Agree x 2