1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Would you play a GROUP IRONMAN in ML???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skuire, Feb 9, 2024.

Would you play a GROUP IRONMAN in ML???

1. I would probably play!

62.1%
  2. I might play.

13.8%
  3. I wouldn't play.

24.1%
  1. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    4:25 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]

Hey guys,

Turns out, MapleLegends is still the best maple server around. Which is a shame, because the server in its current state is plagued by an incredibly stale and tiresome metagame fueled primarily by sunk-cost fallacy.

But what if I told you there was a way out? What if I told you that, while we wait for Kimmy to come out of her long slumber and finally launch MapleLegends 2, we can design and play our very own ML2?

Here's my idea for how I think we could make it happen: a group ironman.*

Rules and Restrictions

1. Everyone who plays creates a new account and new character(s).

2. Any form of trading with players outside of the group ironman is FORBIDDEN. This includes trades, FM stalls, picking up drops, anything that would give you items/mesos that were not generated within our closed ecosystem is FORBIDDEN. We would pretty much be operating on the honor system, but since we're here to have fun (...right?), I don't think it would be much of an issue - look at osscocks.

3. Partying with players outside of the group ironman is forbidden.

4. Multiclient is either forbidden or discouraged, with some possible exceptions. This one is up in the air, but personally I think the game is a lot more fun when it's clear that everyone is an individual actor. Plus, many of the "issues" with the current game can be traced back to multiclient.

Goals / Focus

1. Experience MapleLegends as if it were the first time any group of people played the game. Work together as a group to progress and overcome challenges.

2. Develop a community of players who genuinely enjoy the game. Help each other level up, farm items, and become stronger. Get to know new people and form new bonds.

3. Go at a chill and reasonable pace without the game being a giant stupid race to see who can dump the most hours.

4. Ideal player count: 12+ dedicated (pretty consistent?) players

5. Play MapleLegends the way Kimmy intended!!

* clarification: when I say 'ironman', i don't mean 'permadeath'

Please let me know what you think, your feedback, and IF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN PLAYING. If this captures enough interest, then I might create a serious thread.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 16
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:25 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I saw a very interesting topic about this on another server, it seems to work really well, following it here, note: I would play with the idea of gacha farming (I like the idea of having more than one useful character in the same account), but with the condition that I can pass ws/cs to my main

• Like Like x 1
  3. Prudence55

Prudence55 Stone Golem

May 16, 2020
    Male
    5:25 AM
    Poignant
    Bishop
    WeeniesHutJr
    Interested in this, as I've been thinking to start fresh and wanting to play a new class and gameplay mode with a different mindset of grind instead of self leeching myself in leech legends. ML+ new game+, I'd like to enforce single client only and restrict multi-client.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    1:25 PM
    Endorphins
  5. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Personally don't see anything wrong with one-way trades, as long as it's stuff leaving the economy and not coming in.

Thanks for the bump

YOU MAY NOTICE that haters like """Gurk""" will """disagree""" with this thread as a form of pro-multiclient, pro-washing propaganda. He is a known troll, please ignore such users!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    12:25 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    I will not

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:25 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Well, if osslock is anything to learn from, I am fairly certain that people will bend or break whatever rules you implement, as I am certain you won't be actively enforcing anything. That being said, I am interested in seeing how this plays out. I hope you are able to get a decent community to start this up. I think osslock is bland because of all the limitations, and it would be cool to see how far a group ironman can go with all of maplelegends features open for use.

But, my expectations are not high, because sku does not have a strong track record for commiting to a single project before quitting for several months.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    6:25 AM
    Ironman in mapleroyals before they removed mac support was some of the most fun i've had since OG pre-big bang maple.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    +1 to osslock having too many limitations to be interesting. most of the 3rd jobs are pure ass.

+1 to sku not having a strong track record for committing to a single project before quitting for several months. with all the solo stuff, i've struggled to maintain any lasting momentum. that said, when it comes to group projects, there's a hell of a lot more incentive to keep going. if there really is enough interest, i don't think it would be an issue, plus i wouldn't be the only one running the show.

10. bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    bigbutts
    Join the Ironman guild! We have this :yay: ign:Jonathan is the guild leader if you wanna message him!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  11. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    With all due respect, it sounds pretty vague and I've never heard of your guild until now. My idea was for something more official, more accessible to the public, and easier to track.

12. Sprawl

Sprawl Horny Mushroom

Nov 16, 2020
    1:25 PM
    I would 100% play a group Ironman

• Like Like x 1
  13. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Part of me does wish Staff would look into possibly supporting modes like this or server-wide Seasons. Although players can self-enforce grassroots runs like this, it's impossible to get the required momentum for it to be sustainable without 'official' support and the runs will always be tainted by people bending/breaking the rules. It's not fun putting in effort into a project like this only for it to be soured by doubting suspicious behavior from others.

I think actual support and enforcement server-side would go a long way towards keeping things fresh in the server, allowing for soft-reboots that don't split the server population or wipe current server progress, experimental changes that don't completely break the game, and larger scale Community Events.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    I'd be interested in even taking it a step further with permadeath.

Any character that dies must be deleted. A grace will be given in that their held items can be transferred to another ironman member before being deleted, allowing inheritance of fallen character's gear.

Would be cool to have tagged items from a ghost player, it builds legacy.

EDIT:

Or maybe ironman characters who have died could just transfer their items to a live ironman member, and then be exiled from the ironman challenge and have to join the normies in the rest of the maple world. Make it a real "the tribe has spoken" moment.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    I would participate

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    I will join if islanders are made illegal and mapowner by people in the group can be disregarded.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    12:25 PM
    Paladin
    Funk
    I'd be interested in trying it out too!

• Like Like x 1
  18. teenager

teenager Red Snail

Oct 24, 2022
    Hey, I made a similar thread about this a few months ago but I didn't really get much support on the idea, what do you think?
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/make-osslock-rules-enforceable.51447/#post-350331

19. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
  20. teenager

teenager Red Snail

Oct 24, 2022