1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Osslock rules enforceable

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by teenager, Oct 1, 2023.

1. teenager

teenager Red Snail

Oct 24, 2022
    12:05 AM
    I've been around legends for a few years, but I never really play because of multi-clienting/hp washing/leech, even though I have a bishop. I was also the owner of a popular maple private server over 10 years ago.

What if Osslock was more officially supported in server code, instead of it just being a guild? I thought it could solve a lot of the problems with multiclienting/hp washing/leech without wiping the server. The server would then be very competitive in terms of attractiveness to other future servers like Yeou or Bane, which I worry might compete for some of our same player base.

On the other hand, if this suggestion isn't accepted, it's a win-win for me since I'll just stay in my "quitted" state and happily continue actually continue being productive irl and having fun going out with friends, etc lmao. Thanks!

• Agree x 5
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. Pelinsu

Pelinsu Timer

Jan 15, 2022
    10:05 AM
    Hi, osslocker here.

The osslock rules are pretty much in place without the code itself anyway. The community doesn't need the enforcement, since we're in touch with each other almost all the time.

One of the main reasons why osslock is as great as it is is the self-emposed personal rules and respect everyone have for each other. If you want to continue, I would very much suggest you to hop in. :3

Aside from that, technically i believe it would be challenging since there are limitations. Also what if we have a community event that we all need to move a specific place for a certain reason? Would we ask the team to rewrite the code?

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    9:05 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Not worth dev time for the 5 people who are interested in this

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    12:05 AM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Unsure who you are, but Longtime OssLock member,
    I don't believe our self-imposed ruleset should ever dictate how the rest of the server functions. Sure, the server's multi-client and leeching meta could be seen as a problem, but I don't think this is a proper way to address it. If people like our ruleset/playstyle, we're more than happy to have them join, but to attempt to have staff spend time on something like this seems outlandish and unnecessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    should the server only make changes for the players already here?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Yes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    3:05 PM
    Hey, glad u having fun with the things called friends.

While I do think it’s a nice suggestion, it’s not very practical and does not guarantee it will attract players in the long term.

Even with the rules enforced, it doesn’t actually solves anything. Players who chose to partake in odd challenges will stay true and proud with or without the enforcement. Players who “cheats” the challenge probably won’t consider playing if such enforcement exists.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:05 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    in a way they did it for islanders

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1