1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any unpopular opinions to share about MapleLegends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwop, Nov 10, 2022.

1. TTKirnk

TTKirnk Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Nov 26, 2017
    Male
    4:56 AM
    TTKirnk
    Buccaneer
    Carnival
    why should i inform them about their 2nd job skill they should already know about?
    if they cant figure that out by level 160, then i for sure cant figure it out
    YES SIR, YES SIR

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    4:56 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    They leeched all the way to level 160 and have no brain cells to learn haste

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    1:56 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    It doesn't make sense that accuracy is mainly a problem for melee jobs and not for ranged jobs. What is more difficult: hitting something with a bat or hitting something with a throwing knife? Hitting it with a throwing knife is harder, right? Accuracy should be based on strength.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    3:56 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    just like avoidability

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    4:56 PM
    traditional mmo carries have poor utility. traditional mmo utility classes have poor damage.
    But in Legends, we have bucc, which has both damage and utility.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    2:56 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    We should have the right to ks map snipers into Oblivion like the good old days

7. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    I think we all have our opinions based on our individual gameplay, so it's kind of hard to justify what everyone needs or wants.

Party Quests:

In recent months it's been quite hard to find people to pq. A LOT of times it results in using smegas to recruit thus meaning it sometimes works. At time the pq's seem too long and there isn't much of a high reward besides what is in the pq itself. Maybe adjusted xp, or implementing coins in the bonus rooms.

kpq - this pq is hit or miss with lower levels. The best rewards are the shoes and a monster card. xp is okay, but again finding a party at that level is hard due to how easy it is to lvl early on. I think this pq is fine.

lpq - There's been talk with some people in the community about this pq. The update to reduce the time to takes to get glasses was fine, but people still struggle with the pq getting people involved and the length to complete. I think maybe we should take out the stage right before the boss. This area is what kind of kills the pq. It requires more people to complete only because of this stage. Now one can argue that it would take longer but it could help get more people active and parties will be easier to gather and participate.

epq - epq I think is fine the way it is. The pq is short and the parties are somewhat easier to get together because of the party members' req being lower than lpq. Has a good reward with the earrings, but maybe nerf the boss in this stage for when parties are just 3 people and could be a mix of int lords or warriors with lower accuracy.

opq - This pq can't be tweaked I guess? Everything about it works in order, but it's just so damn long. So I think maybe adding a better reward in the boxes might help bring people out. Not sure if it's coins or scrolls, but the gloves are kind of hard to get and take a while.

Overall I think these pq's struggle just with getting enough bodies to the pq's itself. There's always a smega in hand just in case the pq is empty. Not sure if adding additional xp, increasing rewards, or reducing time it takes to complete.

Adding a raffle after each pq completion was nice and I think we need more of these in the future.

Outside of pq's I think we need to look at the rng of gach and event-related items.

People have complained and I have also experienced the lack of drops when it comes to gach tix. It's completely random, I get it, but it shouldn't be grinding for hours to gain maybe 1 gach vs the next person who may get 5 or more. With the addition of coins, players were geared to do content to get coins for ws/cs than gach hunt. Some may prefer gach grind over content, but it could come down to the difference between mages and common attackers.

So not sure if increasing the drop rate for gach for certain mobs or areas could be beneficial, but it does feel at times the gach rates are very slim to none at times.

Rare gach - I seriously don't think getting Gloves for Dex 10% is a rare gach item...There's been a lot of random items I get from rare gach. It's supposed to give something that is better odds of getting a higher reward. Right now I have gotten more rare items from a common gach than rare, which doesn't make sense to me.

Rare Gach could include coin pouches if they don't already.

8. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    didn't mention MPQ crymush

9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:56 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Rightly so

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    Wellto be honest, I have always struggled with this pq and getting people in general. It isn't a fun pq and I cant really tell you what needs to be done to get it popular. But I do recall years ago even this pq was hard to come by and was a pq people wouldn't do unless had to.

11. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
  12. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    1.-Bracket is absurdly small for the level range 71-85, seems normal compared to other PQs but after third job that bracket is way smaller in comparison, a good advertiser would've been to expand it to 70-90 to allow players at least max 2 skills

2.- Location is trash, Maplestory failed on making the Late-Magatia a worthwhile site to be grinding
    Any 65+ monsters sadly are not viable, so unless you're willing to wait Hours on magatia hoping for a PQ, is not worth being there
    PPQ suffers the same issue, but at least the level range on PPQ is wider and the PQ itself is shorter
    No one wants to be in magatia from 71-85 doing nothing but waiting
    At least LPQ/EPQ/KPQ are in areas you can mess around in the meantime

3.-Rewards should be unified or be more trivial, being FORCED to do it on both Romeo and Juliet eventually killed the PQ, not only you have to be in the level range and be in magatia, but you have to convince your party to do PQ on the side you need for the reward
    GL doing Juliet if all your party has already done it.

4.-Frankenroid is a menace , even in regular maple, both for grinding and farming
    Lord Pirate was difficult to access the extra difficulties but it was something that as soon as you unlocked it , you did it and boom, and he drops the same card everytime

Frankenroid is a different story, getting the bonus seems almost mandatory XP wise, for the most optimal XP you want to unlock him and save Romeo/Juliet for the best XP, however the process will get tiring and a bad/rushed party leader could easily throw it if they're ignorant (so pray your whole party is aware in 2023, seems like a good 80% chance but that 20% is scary)

You need someone with stun/Ice in order for Romeo and Juliet to not die, killing the monsters is possible but the respawn allows them to get a few hits

Oh Frankenroid drops a different card if it's normal or angry
    What do you mean you have to throw the PQ to max both card sets?
    Getting your party to NOT get the best EXP so you can kill normal frankenroid

5.- Players on that range are even lower , considering that 70-90 is prime leeching levels, so most people who wants to do the PQ are card hunters or the discouraged slow leveler

13. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    11:56 AM
    Everything you said makes sense except the two cards part, there's only one card that drops from normal Frankeroid and angry one.

14. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    if mpg got revamped to be more worth it from 71-90 then id be all over it. And I ask...why hasn't it? the pendant is kinda op and should be worthwhile getting but rn it's too big of a pain to do so. MPQ could be something great, hell MAGATIA would be op maps for farming xp at lower levels. The town doesn't get much love and it should <3

15. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    10:56 AM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    The new version hair and eyes suck. They look too smooth and the pastel colors don't fit in with the old Maple World, which is clearly pixelated and uses more sober colors if that sounds logical. They also make you look more like a KPop artist, instead of cool, funny or weird, which is more what OSM was about imo.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    6:56 PM
    I personally preferred having the option before (like in the earliest versions of the game) where I could pay 150 mesos to Shanks to leave Maple Island at any level.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    That would be great. And I even go as far as saying Maple Island should be optional at the start. For example, when you start a new character, a popup asks if you want to play the tutorial or go straight to Lith Harbor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. HolyPaladin

HolyPaladin Orange Mushroom

Feb 29, 2024
    Male
    Holypaladin
    Paladin
    Mesorangers are the best cosmetics in the shop!