1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add in Stormcaster Gloves

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akashsky, Jun 11, 2019.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:10 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I would like to see these gloves added to maplelegends because they are a very well balanced item.

Storm caster gloves are stronger than brown work gloves in mid game by 1 weapon attack.

(Perfect 60s on a SCG will yield 15 att, perfect 60s on a bwg will yield 14 att). This makes SCGs the better mid game glove.

However, once it comes to end game, brown work gloves win by 1 attack.

Perfect 30s on a scg will give you 20 attack, perfect 30s on a brown work glove will give you 21 attack.

Maybe they could be made a pink bean drop like facestompers, or added via some other content.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Crystal illbis as well pls

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I guess it depends on the price point for which one will come out better.

Will it be cheaper to use a 30 and a chaos scroll on a BWG to end with 8 attack at most, with 5 slots left?

Or to buy a Stormcaster and chaos it to 10 attack, with 4 slots left?

Each attempt on a BWG will cost an average of about ~50-60mil to make one with 3 attack.

If Stormcasters are cheaper than that or are around the same price as 3 att BWGs then they are probably the better option for making a glove. Really though they'll probably be really hard to get and will cost 100mil+, making them hardly useful at all. SeemsGood Maybe Krexel could have them as a rare drop.

For the 1 attack difference you'd save on one white scroll pass. 4 slots vs 5 slots is a rather big difference in production.

All that money you save making a 22 attack glove rather than a 23 attack glove could be used to help recreate Dase's cape. SlimeCry

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    It may sound like just 1 attack, but the difference between 22 and 23 is VERY large when it comes to end game weapon attack, something that becomes exponentially harder to increase.

Pricing and rarity is something that is up to staff to decide, though I do believe it should be a fairly rare item that does cost around 100m. Personally i see the SCGs as a high investment high return item and BWGs as a higher investment higher return item.

Also, even if the SCGs end up around 100m, they are still useful for mid game purposes. It is much easier to make a 15 attack SCG than a 15 attack BWG.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    6:10 PM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Funny I’ve asked the same question 5months ago,and ppl did not agreed with this idea,now they do ah maplestory 2019

6. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]
    After looking at the math for a bit you're right, SC's probably could go on the market for ~100mil.

You can buy 3 BWGs and 3 GFA 30s for ~60mil and on average one of them will survive. Then you toss on the 70s and the total cost comes to ~64-84mil with each glove attempt. Let's say you spend an average of 75mil on every attempt.

75 / 11.8% = ~635mil on average is what it would cost to make one of these gloves using BWGs. You probably won't spend that much, but if you were repeating this hundreds or thousands of times then on average that is close to what it would cost. But there is a much higher degree of randomness at play when you're using BWGs. SC's are much safer with fewer chances of failure.

At 100mil a piece SC's would be easier to work with. 5 x GFA 70s would come out to ~20mil, and on average you'd probably spend ~110mil per attempt after the cost of scrolls.

110 / 16.8% = ~655mil on average. It's not that far off from the BWG's cost, and it probably deserves to be so because there is a lot less variance involved.

SC's would be cool to add. They aren't that great which makes them decent content. Bosses could use some new stuff to drop, some of them are rather bland.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. maybeandy

maybeandy Stone Golem

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Dream Land
    Inexorable
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    Initially I was sort of against the idea of introducing SCG's as well, but I think in the mid-long run of things it could be quite healthy for the economy:

Increased demand for GFA60s which has dropped from 1.2m to 800k as of currently, and an interest in a new item that could potentially be profitable and clearly pretty desired for those that can't quite afford going past a 14wa at the moment.
    However I'm not entirely sure if making them a drop from Pink Bean is quite optimal: we're not even sure if people will be clearing it anytime soon after release, how farmable it'll be, etc.

I think ideally it'd be cool to see them as a legendary item in gach as well as a rare boss drop. (Krexel was a half decent idea, give us a reason to do different bosses).

• Agree Agree x 1