1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add maple weapons to shiny pearl exchange list?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Nicholas, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    10:59 AM
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    I was fairly excited for the summer event because I wanted to get some maple weapons (as they were offered last year), but was quite disappointed to see that there were none available from Aramia's exchange list. I do realize that the anniversary event introduced many maple equips into the market, but at the same time the number of players has drastically increased since the end of that event (doubled), and the number of available maple equips has decreased since the end of the event. I do not see how this addition could cause significant harm to the market, especially if the option is a randomized maple item; since players must choose to exchange pearls for a (random) maple equip, many players will favor other options for exchange over a random maple weapon, and this is even more true due to the supply of maple weapons in the free market.
    My particular interest in this addition would be the acquisition of Maple doom singer/ Belzets, as they are quite rare (people npc/dropped them during the anniversary since nobody really uses them), and I believe that this would also help newer players who can not afford some of the more expensive or popular weapons.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    1:59 PM
    Centaur & Chaste
    Not gonna lie, I was really surprised to learn that Maple Weapons were not included in this event, especially considering the current drought. Supply is ridiculously low for the number of players and the prices have been through the roof.

+1 for a ''Random Maple Weapon'' option or something of the sort... if it's even possible at this point, though!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Riflehood

Riflehood Mano

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    8:59 PM
    AdmDemidov
    Brawler
    +1, Maple events that supply maple equips as a drop from mobs (or exchange quests) have been always a something to look for playing maplestory.

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I dunno. Maple weapons are fairly diversity killing - especially for sins and warriors. It basically makes every other weapon around that level obselete. Then again, this change really would help out the playerbase in terms of damage and moving forward with the game.

With that in mind, I'm neutral towards this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gurkha

gurkha Horny Mushroom

Apr 14, 2017
    Male
    isreal
    8:59 PM
    Gurkha
    Assassin
    dijbouti
    +1 is there specific reason you removed mapleweapons? Just wanna know

6. wtybilly

wtybilly King Slime

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    1:59 AM
    MengAaaa
    Bishop
    Source
  7. Nibnob

Nibnob Red Snail

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Binch
    Magician
  8. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    I was under the impression that "exchange for a random summer weapon" meant Maple Weapons. The more you know...

Agreed +1

9. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    2:59 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
  10. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Did we not have a Maple weapon event some time around April 1st? I wasn't around during that time, so I don't know if it was a thing.

I would strongly agree to have the option to exchange to Maple weapons if we didn't have it during this year's anniversary.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    We did have it during the anniversary, howver the playerbase has increased greatly since then so the demand has remained high for some weapons.

12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:59 PM
    Moderator Post
    I've thought about this for a bit.

I've already had a mixed bag (mostly negative) regarding Maple Weapons. For one, I did heavily nerf the accuracy of Warrior's Maple Weapons because they are disgusting high (35+ iirc), which completely break the challenge of accuracy being need when playing a warrior

Right now people that were around during Anniversary (April 1st) got a good taste of Maple Weapons, and a little bit later we got a huge amount of new users. Giving these users now immediately Maple Weapons would right away make the older players have no 'uniqueness' of being around longer anymore

Therefor I've made the final decision now not to include Maple Weapons this summer. The next time Maple Weapons will be available again is next anniversary, which is April 1st. Like the real GMS Maple Weapons were only available during anniversary.

You still have the option to buy Maple Weapons from players in shops if you really want one.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    2:59 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
  14. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    7:59 PM
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    mehh... Even though the increase of new players also increases the demand for maple weapons, the fact remains that these weapons basically make the game waaayy more easier. Since this server base feature is being like the good old v.62 maplestory, it should not come around that often.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Glissando

Glissando Pink Teddy

Jul 17, 2017
    Male
    1:59 AM
    Quaver
    Fighter
    Fine with the state of maple weapons in spite of the spike in demand, making maple weapons available other than during anniversary breaks the balance and the v062 feel

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HeroOfLight

HeroOfLight Red Snail

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    HeroOfLight
    Warrior
    Random maple weapon would be dope.