1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior Analyze end-game WARRIOR bossing dpm of current meta

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by wanpi12456, Apr 4, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    wanpi12456

wanpi12456 Timer

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Taiwan
    11:01 AM
    PrEP
    Paladin
    Beaters
    I'm sure pally is in the same situation as hero/dk when it comes to cleaving(blast) mid+right head.
    Whether you are pally or hero or dk, you have to get close to the edge so that the skill can reach mid head. Especially for 1h bw (crushed skull) pally.

2. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    4:01 AM
    that is false because you don’t need to stand right at the edge as a paladin to blast mid head. It is much easier to attack mid head from right side as a paladin than a hero or a dk

3. OP
    OP
    wanpi12456

wanpi12456 Timer

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Taiwan
    PrEP
    Paladin
    Beaters
    It is just a rush once difference. I can't see how paladin get benefit from this.
    As long as warriors stand at (right top) bottom platform, once you get kb, you fall down to the ground.

4. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    you need to stand at the very edge to cleave as a hero or a dk. Rush will not bring you to that very edge so even after rushing you need to tap a few times to arrive at that edge. There is only one frame on that block which will allow the dk or heroes to cleave and if you are not on that one frame you aren’t cleaving. Paladins have around 3-4 frames on that block which makes it much easier for them to find the spot to both blast and acb the two heads. It is cumbersome and not easy to do especially if given that rushing right head or rushing mid head will leave you at different positions on that block.

the whole falling down is valid but unrelated point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    wanpi12456

wanpi12456 Timer

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Taiwan
    PrEP
    Paladin
    Beaters
    I see. Thanks for sharing this point.
    As a pally, I already max that "edge player skill" at HT left side since a long time ago (more than a year). If pally is not at the very edge of left top middle platform, HH will miss the right head usually.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    you don't need to be at the edge to HH the right head? Idk what you're talking about.

7. OP
    OP
    wanpi12456

wanpi12456 Timer

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Taiwan
    PrEP
    Paladin
    Beaters
    If you are not at the edge, HH sometimes hit right head, and sometimes doesn't hit right head.
    Stand at the edge to make HH higher chance to hit right head.
    In my recall, standing at the very edge will let me HH the right head mostly.

8. abe27342

abe27342 Orange Mushroom

Mar 14, 2020
    Male
    8:01 PM
    Hero
    When legs and tail are still up, it's usually better to cleave legs+tail from the middle at the bottom. Ever since the arm aggro change the right arm is a lot more trigger happy when you get knocked right though, so you have to be careful to readjust quickly. You can also intentionally trigger the right arm while your sed target has shield in order to bait out its seds.

I think the rest of the flow chart you outlined is reasonable for left head first strategies, but there are a lot of viable options for where to put your cleave damage. Mostly comes down to tradeoffs. Only thing I'd nitpick is that effective dpm from spot C isn't really worth it unless you have smoke, but I haven't done explicit tests (it just feels terrible)

9. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    It's possible to being knocked to right? By the touch damage from leg I guess?
    I will try it when not being sed. I was the sed in my recent 3 runs.

When the wing is down, and the right head goes to weapon cancel.
    All you are hitting at spot D is the right hand.
    Archer will usually attack hand at that time, because no shifter or stance.
    So I just go spot C, to prevent too much damage to the right hand.
    Sometimes I do cleave at spot D if right head is not in weapon cancel.

Maybe I should say go spot D if right head is not in weapon cancel, and go spot C if it is.

10. abe27342

abe27342 Orange Mushroom

Mar 14, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    BMs can hit midhead in that scenario with Skar's input buffer technique, see https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...um-cancels-an-obscure-piece-of-bm-tech.26358/. In that case though yeah spot C is reasonable for hero/dk and if well-executed i'd believe it outperforms just going to left side to hit midhead (esp if you've already aggro'd the left arm).

You're right doing legs/tail as sed target is a lot sketchier. I think with a good bishop that can tank tail it's probably still optimal run-timer-wise, but I wouldn't really advise it...

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    There's a proper technique to getting to the correct spot for cleave on Right Head/Mid Head, and with enough practice it can be a decent spot to go to. That being said you have less room than any other spot in the game, with around 2 movement units where it functions. It probably shouldn't look like you're standing on anything when you do it right.

You'll want haste, and from the ranged platform tap onto the top of the rope. Then jump left off of the rope, this puts you either in a spot where you can hit both heads or 1 unit away, in which case you jump straight up and tap left in order to move exactly 1 unit over into cleave range.

Characters get 1500 ms of iframes upon a hit, but even in the chaos you can assume to be hit once every 1.8-2.5 seconds. That puts your average stance time at somewhere between 18 and 25 seconds given a 10% chance of kb. It's not unreasonable to get back to RH/MH cleave in roughly 10-12 seconds, which generally leaves you net positive on time, but the damage profit is rather small. It's still better than single head, but much worse than 3 target depending on how arm/wing is valued, but it's especially skill dependent because going arm/wing/RH is rather easy to pull off.

Midhead cancel is my only real concern. I ignore LH cancel and continue firing away at MH if I'm on left side, but if RH cancels I wait until I get knocked down to move back to LH/MH. When MH cancels, I do head/arm/wings cleave on either side. Right side is rather easy, but RH raise or RA duck loses a fair amount of hits, if I were to hazard a guess I'd say it shaves it down to 2.2 parts of cleave on average. With MH canceled on left side it's generally better to just jump cleave with haste on LH/LA/Wings, and with enough attention you can time the attacks to LA duck or LH raise in order to optimize. It beats just waiting on LH to come back to you.

With heavy cleave parties it's also possible to hit just RH and wings, a few units past the rope will bring you to a spot where you only hit RA when it's going through an animation, but otherwise it's free RH and Wings damage in case no other options look appetizing.

DKs also have a notable disadvantage to LH/MH cleave, and that is leaving and entering zerk hp range on every knockback. For weapon ranges the furthest is Paladin 2h > Paladin 1h > Crusher/Brandish(With Brandish having equal horizontal range but I theorize there are a couple more pixels vertically) so Hero/DK tend to need to jump further, putting them at risk of hopping into Head. It's not a death concern for Heroes generally but the clean 12k/16k buffed is a death risk for DKs choosing to jump back to the middle platform after a knockback. So for almost every knockback, it's necessary to pot, test attack markers, then go back into zerk with either Sacrifice(garbo skill that misses everything) or Roar(wasteful but effective)

Source: I like HT
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    wanpi12456

wanpi12456 Timer

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Taiwan
    PrEP
    Paladin
    Beaters
    Monthly remind that paladins still lack some loves.

LF > GM or balance team to look into it.

OnionCry

13. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Make HH require energy charge (like bucc).
    Only active attacking can charge it.

Then we can give back the power paladins once have while preventing HH mules.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  14. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    12:01 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I finally looked into the spreadsheet a bit more, your numbers seem to be wrong:

Hero (without SE) is correct: 4.94 multiplier

Hero (with SE) is incorrect:
    • You have it at: ( 2.6 + 1.4 ) * 1.9 = 7.6
      • ACA applying after brandish+crit
    • It should be: ( 2.6 * 1.9 ) + 1.4 = 6.34
      • Crit applies after brandish with ACA is calculated, cus critical chance adds to the damage after its calculated (exceptions for DK)
    Pally (without SE) is correct: 11.1 multiplier

Pally (with SE) is incorrect:

• You have it at: ( 6 + 1.4 ) * 1.85 = 13.69
      • Holy Charge applying after blast+crit
    • It should be: ( 6 * 1.85 ) + 1.4 = 12.5
      • Crit applies after holy charge + blast, cus critical chance adds to the damage after its calculated (exceptions for DK)
    DK numbers seem correct. For those curious about all the skills, this is what I've gotten so far after many rounds of feedback from other players:
    [​IMG]

I haven't checked the rest of the numbers in depth in depth, so there might still be calculation errors. These are the things that jumped out to me at first glance~

Edit: Pally numbers in the OP were correct~ But Prep confirmed Heroe's are as i mentioned in this post

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    wanpi12456

wanpi12456 Timer

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Taiwan
    PrEP
    Paladin
    Beaters
    [MapleLegends] 4mins show you that SE for Pally is calculated before holy charge
    https://youtu.be/06jdqCUBDNQ

normal multiplier = 6x1.85 = 11.1
    critical multiplier = (6+1.4)x1.85 = 13.69

^
    (6x1.85)+1.4=12.5 is incorrect.
    (6+1.4)x1.85=13.69 is correct.

• Like Like x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    wanpi12456

wanpi12456 Timer

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Taiwan
    PrEP
    Paladin
    Beaters
    Bump

17. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    5:01 AM
    Why use +7 Sky Ski for DK?+7 Timeless Spear gives 13 more Weapon Attack at the same Weapon speed.